Author Topic: Satiric newspaper attacked in France  (Read 17100 times)

Offline pepejul

• Master-At-Arms
  • King
  • Renown: 1611
  • Infamy: 495
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • PEPE INSIDE
    • View Profile
    • http://alkislarlayasiyorum.com/icerik/60166/pepee-pepee-cok-uzuluyor
  • Faction: Pecores / Krems / hobo in the heart forever
  • Game nicks: something with PEPE inside
  • IRC nick: Pepejul
Re: Satiric newspaper attacked in France
« Reply #330 on: January 09, 2015, 05:40:56 pm »
+1
you think immigration = islam = violence ? you totally stupid ? Killers were born in Paris !
I LOVE YOU, ADMINS !

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Cyber

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Cyber
« Reply #331 on: January 09, 2015, 05:42:59 pm »
So why are you still alive then? Why should we 'tolerate' you?

The alive question is kind of cheeky, implying that being intolerant is necesserily equivalent with killing.

But to answer your main point, why you should tolerate me. Well, I can respect your belief system if it is respectable, sadly something like islam or christianity simply isn't. If you are dealing with belief systems like christianity and Islam that discriminate and infringe on the rights of others (if you want I can go into specific examples) it's not irrational to discriminate agains't them. If for example a belief system wants to discriminate agains't homosexuals it makes perfect sense for me to have no respect and tolerance for such a set of beliefs. (Just brought that point up because it's such a prevalent talking point these days, there is a lot of worse stuff in those religious teachings.) Being intolerant towards extreme intolerance such as what is found in those faiths can be quite necessery to protect any tolerance.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 05:52:22 pm by Cyber »

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 09, 2015, 05:43:33 pm »
You seem to be clinging to that one now, put it in your signature it will save you typing it every time.

You did already suggest deporting the known violent Islamists, you're quite right, and more stringent immigration laws. The event in question in Paris, i'm woefully uninformed of the attacker's backgrounds but could anyone shed any light on this? Were any of the attackers known as violent Islamists/would have been screened by stringent immigration laws prior to this attack?

Denial is surely claiming that such tiny measures would have any impact. Though i can easily imagine a government doing it to give the appearance of taking action where clearly none is being taken.

There you go

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/08/politics/paris-suspects-al-qaeda-yemen/

As soon as the individual left for Yemen, doors should have been shut to him.  Was certainly a red flag.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 05:57:09 pm by lombardsoup »

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #333 on: January 09, 2015, 05:56:00 pm »
+1
Well done French Police!

It costed 4 hostages though :/ But there is an overwhelming flow of information right now, I want more clarification
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 06:01:17 pm by Christo »

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 09, 2015, 06:01:29 pm »
I agree, the long way might be a bloody way as people oppose change.

As for the Batman Joker analogy it's not actually a bad one. However, as you note at the end, 'If one would just die or leave, it would be done with it, but no.' I don't doubt that if all Muslims somehow died and there were no new Muslims then there would be no extremist Muslims, but that doesnt seem like much of an option, it'd be far bloodier than that since i suspect the Muslims would much prefer not to be wiped out. Also you'd need to get *all* of them, and put down the sympathizers too who side with them... it'd be a whole thing. And then we'd go back to finding other reasons to kill each other or commit mass-murder such as 'My dad didnt hug me... Die School Children!'.

Or alternatively accept that all non-muslims should die and you'd have the exact same situation in reverse except with a numerical advantage. Since the 'If one of them would just die' option is sadly not possible, the alternative is to close borders to each other, deport all the muslims and allow 'them' to deport all non-muslims. Then we're back in the situation of stewing in our angry insular juices again, we're not spreading the love of our sacred western values and meanwhile we're each finding different minorities to pick on. Also, we're still on the same planet and some muslims may not enjoy that they and other muslims were ousted from their homes.

Tolerance may be the slow and less exciting, less firebrand option, but it's the only one that stands a chance of yielding a result in the long-term.

The problem is thinking anyone can change the minds of adherents to a religion who's holy book "allows" you to kill anyone you disagree with.  You need to keep them from entering the country, and you need to deport those attempting to spread it.  Profiling, etc

But go ahead, tolerate another incident.

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 09, 2015, 06:06:28 pm »
They're already in your country woooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, it's already begun! Try deporting everyone publicly preaching Islam's teachings, see what happens.

I say nearly exactly the same thing after every school shooting.

As I posted above with the link to that article, it was known that one of the suspects was radicalized in Yemen before the incident, yet PC open borders bullshit kept him from getting deported

Starting to think you are the one trolling

In better news, they're dead.  Good job French police!

Offline pepejul

• Master-At-Arms
  • King
  • PEPE INSIDE
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 09, 2015, 06:13:18 pm »
Terrorists are not Immigrants...... that is simple to understand.
I LOVE YOU, ADMINS !

Offline Swaggart

• Earl
  • Renown: 481
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 09, 2015, 06:14:54 pm »
Multiculturalism only works if everyone buys into it. Religion, regardless of which one, is inherently intolerant, which is why all multicultural societies are fiercely secular. While the majority of Muslims immigrants are perfectly fine with this there is a vocal minority that wants exemptions placed so that parts of sharia law can exist alongside the existing system. This quite frankly is complete bullshit and the majority needs to become more vocal than the ultra conservative types.

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 09, 2015, 06:22:24 pm »
Multiculturalism only works if everyone buys into it. Religion, regardless of which one, is inherently intolerant, which is why all multicultural societies are fiercely secular. While the majority of Muslims immigrants are perfectly fine with this there is a vocal minority that wants exemptions placed so that parts of sharia law can exist alongside the existing system. This quite frankly is complete bullshit and the majority needs to become more vocal than the ultra conservative types.

Rereading the articles posted containing the commentary of self identified moderates that condemn this act, they seem like canned, half assed condemnations at best.  It puts into question the validity of the concept of moderate Muslims, especially given the content of the holy book itself which doesn't allow much room for middle of the road behavior.

Offline pepejul

• Master-At-Arms
  • King
  • PEPE INSIDE
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 09, 2015, 06:42:01 pm »
99% of french muslim are respectfull of law and humanist...some of them are policemen.... your totally retracted on himself mind is stupid. What is nationalism ? We are all immigrants !
I LOVE YOU, ADMINS !

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 09, 2015, 06:44:22 pm »
99% of french muslim are respectfull of law and humanist...some of them are policemen.... your totally retracted on himself mind is stupid. What is nationalism ? We are all immigrants !

This is a religion that tells you its ok to kill people that insult Muhammad, like what happened recently

What is moderate about that?

Offline Thorvic

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ordre de l'Étoile
  • Game nicks: OdE_Thorvic
« Reply #341 on: January 09, 2015, 06:48:06 pm »

This.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 09, 2015, 06:59:03 pm »
99% of french muslims passively or actively support the actions of these two terr'ists.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 09, 2015, 07:00:39 pm »
Hadn't France and Brits fucked over Ottoman Empire then Ottomans could've kept Arabs in check. Huehuehue

Offline pepejul

• Master-At-Arms
  • King
  • PEPE INSIDE
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 09, 2015, 07:04:10 pm »
There are millions pacifist smart integrated muslims in France and THEY ARE FRENCH Like I m french (my familly came from Italy in 1920)...

When Breivik killed many pple you said the same about Christian religion ?
I LOVE YOU, ADMINS !