Author Topic: Any good mod for Fallout 3 ?  (Read 3552 times)

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
Re: Any good mod for Fallout 3 ?
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2014, 05:07:44 pm »
Because Fo3 hat a stupid main story, no real bossfight (only the one supermutant at the start) and traveling in the ruins of Washington was cumbersome.

Well the city design was kind of heavy handed to tell the truth, but at least it was not a freaking desert as far as you could see. And really, what was stupid about FO3's story?

Edit: sorry for DP.
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2014, 05:21:33 pm »
+1
What are you talking about, FNV has completely reworked combat and actually feels like a real shooter. And it's an actual RPG, with an adult storyline compared to the childish, black and white FO3, with real branching dialogue not written by a third grader, a real breathing world full of NPCs and some of the most nuanced player choices seen in an RPG. FNV is a great game and a chronological successor to FO2, FO3 is just a rehash of old Fallout quests in Oblivion, poorly executed.

If anyone dislikes the otherwise awesome Mojave Wasteland setting just try one of the giant DLCs which are all set in different environments.

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2014, 05:22:08 pm »
I "preferred" New Vegas after I played it but thinking back now the only thing I'd specifically be able to say is that it was more of an RPG with consequential choices than Fallout 3.
And how!

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2014, 05:25:41 pm »
What are you talking about, FNV has completely reworked combat and actually feels like a real shooter. And it's an actual RPG, with an adult storyline compared to the childish, black and white FO3, with real branching dialogue not written by a third grader, a real breathing world full of NPCs and some of the most nuanced player choices seen in an RPG. FNV is a great game and a chronological successor to FO2, FO3 is just a rehash of old Fallout quests in Oblivion, poorly executed.

If anyone dislikes the otherwise awesome Mojave Wasteland setting just try one of the giant DLCs which are all set in different environments.

With all due respect, are you high?
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2014, 05:43:55 pm »
With all due respect, are you high?

With all due respect, are YOU high?
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2014, 05:46:58 pm »
With all due respect, are YOU high?

Oh come on, even a patient of your calibre would have to agree that the ¨OMG UTTERLY REVAMPED COMBAT HOLY SHIT¨ bit is pure BS. I Swear to god, half of people on this forum talk about NV like they did not even play it. Nostalgia goggles much?

Offline Angantyr

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2014, 05:49:28 pm »
I still play FNV, it has never been off my machine. Have had 15-20 characters or so, only RPG I've played more is FO2, perhaps NWN1 on multiplayer RP servers.

Go install both and tell me you can't tell the difference in combat, especially the ballistics system, it's not a matter of opinion.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2014, 05:52:27 pm »
NV was better in most aspects in my opinion aswell. I mean common... That looking for daddy thing got really old really fast. But I wouldnt say NV had a more mature storyline. But id say they were both pretty equal in that department or NV-s plot won it, but close. I liked both games, they were roughly the same anyway. The Elder Scrolls with guns games. Wierd part is, that it kinda works. Gotta hand it to Bethesda, they sure do know what the mainstream likes.

I agree with you that "OMG utterly revamped combat" is indeed pure BS. But NV was better. I played like 3 characters in FO3, I played like 9 in NV. It had more choices that actually mattered and counted for shit.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2014, 06:00:44 pm »
I still play FNV, it has never been off my machine. Have had 15-20 characters or so, only RPG I've played more is FO2, perhaps NWN1 on multiplayer RP servers.

Go install both and tell me you can't tell the difference in combat, especially the ballistics system, it's not a matter of opinion.

They both run on the same engine. The only thing I have noticed that is different from FO3, is the fact that effect of armor fell by incredible margin, which means less tedious repeating of headshots like in FO3.

Also, it is possible that the slutter was fixed already, I am mostly lazy bum that does not bother much with dling patches (fucking chore to install), But I swear to god, vanilla version of that game runs like utter shit. And I mean come on! shogun 2 on high, just cause 2 maxed out, dead space 3 maxed out and this runs like crap? Ive played Skyrim on higher settings with steady 60ish frame rate, yet one brahmin convoy is enough to send the game into vilent spasm of fps lag. If I were to bet, Id say it is definitelly some problem in AI script.

This issue reminds me of recently released FF13 on pc. Game runs nice and easy, until hud appears, completely killing FPS.

Offline Tibe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2014, 06:04:48 pm »
All TES(and TES with guns) games run like a pile of ass without patching.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2014, 06:07:06 pm »
NV was better in most aspects in my opinion aswell. I mean common... That looking for daddy thing got really old really fast. But I wouldnt say NV had a more mature storyline. But id say they were both pretty equal in that department or NV-s plot won it, but close. I liked both games, they were roughly the same anyway. The Elder Scrolls with guns games. Wierd part is, that it kinda works. Gotta hand it to Bethesda, they sure do know what the mainstream likes.

I agree with you that "OMG utterly revamped combat" is indeed pure BS. But NV was better. I played like 3 characters in FO3, I played like 9 in NV. It had more choices that actually mattered and counted for shit.

Well, I guess in the end, it depends on what theme you really like in the story. The reason the combat of oblivion games works here, is the fact that you dont have to deal with those ugly ass gamebryo limitations, since most characters shoot guns. Melee is rare, and thus it looks good, unlike in oblivion, where was the pitifulness of gamebryo displayed like a golden cup on a shelf behind a layer of glass.

Offline Angantyr

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2014, 06:13:37 pm »
Concerning combat, FNV had fixed the default spread for all weapons, and introducted real distance to gun fights, weapon mods, ammo types, completely new ballistics. I've played both games for years and the difference is vast for anyone but casual observers.

And concerning the storyline; FNV is political, where you choose between fascism/technocracy, oligarchy/democracy and autocracy, plus the personal story of Courier Six, the Divide and Ullysses (but as usual the real good stuff is in the side quests). In FO3 you played a kid looking for his father, fighting against the evil mutants and evil Enclave with the good Brotherhood guys, a faction any old Fallout gamer just cringed to see portrayed like that, no matter what feeble excuses they came up with. It was like the good paladins against the evil orcs, even World of Warcraft is less of a fairy tale.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 02:04:09 pm by Angantyr »

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2014, 06:16:36 pm »
+1
NV stayed true to the originals (you know, Fallout 1 n 2, considered by most to be the greatest RPGs of all time?)

You wanna know whats so shitty about FO3 story? how it pushed you to be the good guy, seriously, finding ur daddy to restart the water cleaner shit, and then go on to sacrifice yourself to stop the evil enclave. and yea, you could say how "oh but u could poison the wadur! n dats EVILLL!" yea, but there was absolutely NO logical reason or explaination to do it. WHY? why would you suddenly stop and help these dudes who have been trying to kill you.

Fallout NV lets you be a evil bastard right from the get-go and actually gives a logical reason for you doing so. '

also, think of consequences: in the original fallouts, saying the wrong thing, or having low intelligence(funniest part of the game) or making even the slightest wrong choice would change the course of the entire game for you. whether it be chaning the course of a quest, or cutting off your access to entire fucking towns. FO3 had none of that, nothing you did really impacted anything. sure, you could blow up the nuke in the middle of the town (also, where the fuck is the logic behind that?) but that nuke did not have ANY real consequences.

FO3 completely Shat-on the lore of the game. NV restored it.

Dull desert wasteland? lol, in Fallout 1+2, besides the towns, THE ENTIRE FUCKING MAP WAS A BARREN FLAT WASTELAND OF NOTHING.

fuck i could go on and on.

You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2014, 06:23:16 pm »
Concerning combat, FNV had fixed the default spread for all weapons, and introducted real distance to gun fights, weapon mods, ammo types, completely new ballistics. I've played both games for years and the difference is vast for anyone but casual observers.

And concerning the storyline; FNV is political, where you choose between fascism/technocracy, oligarchy/democracy and old school fascim, plus the personal story of Courier Six, the Divide and Ullysses (but as usual the real good stuff is in the side quests). In FO3 you played a kid looking for his father, fighting against the evil mutants and evil Enclave with the good Brotherhood guys, a faction any old Fallout gamer just cringed to see portrayed like that, no matter what feeble excuses they came up with. It was like the good paladins against the evil orcs, even World of Warcraft is less of a fairy tale.

Statement that brotherhood vs mutants is like paladins vs orks can be fit practically on any fantasy clash of different species. Besides, Nobody plays heed to the main quest in games like those too much. There are too many sidequests to worry about that shit. You are just blinded by your preference of NV. I do not blame you, we all have our favourite titles, but there is no reason to bash other  good games in the series because of that.

Offline Tibe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2014, 06:32:39 pm »
"blinded by your preference......"?  :lol:

Are you being a cunt and stating "you are wrong!" in hopes that you dont have to explain the exact reason why or are you being philosophical here and stating that we are all blinded by our preferences and nobody is right?