Author Topic: So... after 8 gens of random builds I've finally decided to try my old AGI build  (Read 4013 times)

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
Not that I disagree, but I don't think it would fix anything, either. Agi builds aren't really optimized for heavy armor, moreso the 8-12 weight armor imo. Strength builds have final wpf similar to the old days as long as you have 9 or more agility and good WM+IF.

My thoughts are the same as posted here: http://forum.melee.org/suggestions-corner/increase-the-difficulty-requirement-on-medium-heavy-tier-armours/

I like certain builds having roles through some restraints. There's also the idea of builds' strengths and weaknesses naturally drawing most to their role while keeping the restraints loose.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2229
  • Infamy: 2319
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
If cRPG build system was any good they would keep it intact in Melee: Battlegrounds, wouldn't they? I agree with different builds serving different roles, having strength and weaknesses. But what we have in cRPG isn't that. Bee with a great sword or long polearm which hits hard and fast and slow juggernaut who can survive dozen head hits aren't builds. Those are a bad joke and belong to fantasy MMORPG, to serve as tanks and rogues/meleedps. But not in a game which is considered as best medieval combat sim on the market. That is why native folks make fun of cRPG.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
If cRPG build system was any good they would keep it intact in Melee: Battlegrounds, wouldn't they? I agree with different builds serving different roles, having strength and weaknesses. But what we have in cRPG isn't that. Bee with a great sword or long polearm which hits hard and fast and slow juggernaut who can survive dozen head hits aren't builds. Those are a bad joke and belong to fantasy MMORPG, to serve as tanks and rogues/meleedps. But not in a game which is considered as best medieval combat sim on the market. That is why native folks make fun of cRPG.

Native is in no way any less fantasy than cRPG. Having an amazing amount of variety with a complex combat system making everything viable to certain points sounds great to me. Fantasy MMO or not, this is what i play crpg for. How else could you make noticeable differences in builds if not through this strength juggernaut - agility olympic runner with a nice balance build in the middle?
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login