Author Topic: So... after 8 gens of random builds I've finally decided to try my old AGI build  (Read 4014 times)

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
+1
That's the whole point, class is uterly broken. Anyone can do it. We still have balancers, and this subforum is open for a reason I guess. Not saying that 2H is the only strong class, but it is the strongest. There are few silly polearms as well and 1H despite dealing lower damage can be really dangerous in the right hands. But players who don't use cookie cutter builds and weapons are pretty much wasting their time.

whoa whoa, ill agree tydeus destroyed this mod and agi buff after agi buff is what did it. but 2h is no longer the strongest class, as a guy who totally abused the long axe and bec for a year...i can say that easily. Long reach, fast, great dmg, great animations, and the fastest overhead out there.

pole is king right now imo.

but either way...why chadz let tydeus destroy his mod,,,idk either man, i just dont get it.
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
why chadz let tydeus destroy his mod

To pave way for the hype train new game that's having engine trouble

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
+1
I don't know if this is the real problem with the game but something is wrong. It feels like a total spamfest without the tactical melee gameplay we had before the big patch hit
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
+3
I think the higher levels are the main culprit, and I will go as far as saying perhaps it was a mistake. With optimal builds it borders on breaking the capabilities of the engine. Saw this before in the fall of 2011, when I and some others were level 40 and a few 40++

It's not as bad as back then though. You *can* block whatever comes at you, but the amount of times where swings seems to skip frames or hit out of the blue has increased.

It's tolerable, but some builds, with some weapons, with some techniques, should be a little bit slower.

If it can be reversed or fixed at this point.. now that's the real question. San, what you think?

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2697
  • Infamy: 1037
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
There are few players online and most of those are way better than average player back in late 2010. It's not that easy to block katana spammers, if they are good at chambering (which is rather easy with Katana and more than 180 wpf).

I like high levels because they unlock good hybrid builds (bellow level 34 hybrid builds are bit weak). But 'optimal' builds are at fault for this, so called pure builds with high conversion of skill points. Two years ago I was lobbying against those builds, now you can see them in action.

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
chambering which is rather easy with Katana and more than 180 wpf

Isn't it exactly the same for all classes, all weapons and all wpf? Afaik wpf doesn't effect the chamber animation length at all and it's about the same for all three classes. It does feel like with some weapons it's easier to chamber than others, but I think that's just a feeling and the playstyle in question and not something to do with the weapon and wpf. Personally I do most my chambers on 1H while with poles/2H I rarely chamber, but trust held swings and spamming instead.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
I think the higher levels are the main culprit, and I will go as far as saying perhaps it was a mistake. With optimal builds it borders on breaking the capabilities of the engine. Saw this before in the fall of 2011, when I and some others were level 40 and a few 40++

It's not as bad as back then though. You *can* block whatever comes at you, but the amount of times where swings seems to skip frames or hit out of the blue has increased.

It's tolerable, but some builds, with some weapons, with some techniques, should be a little bit slower.

If it can be reversed or fixed at this point.. now that's the real question. San, what you think?

Hm? I enjoy the respecs even though I won't do it to reset my kd =D

The devs came up one day and said that they were raising levels a ton, now try to preemptively adjust stats on certain classes. I think those levels were the best, since anything lower would've made existing level 33-34s feel cheated.

I think at the worst, -1 speed on all weapons and possible caps on wpf/athletics or something. Latter requires Harald for proper UI on the website.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
+3
People really have this much of an issue with fast builds? Wasnt too long ago since people complained about the mod being slow. I know thats what went on in our TS atleast, blockings feel too easy.. Speed is good dont slow things down.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline San

• Developer
    • View Profile
I'm using a strength build myself and I feel like I can compete with even the heavily stacked agi, while before I felt a lot slower without that wpf change with IF. People are still going to be fast with -1 speed, so it's not like they're good solutions to anything, too. Probably going to try to contact devs to see if there is any time to patch now that the kickstarter is nearing its end, even though there is a high chance of them being even busier because of that.

Offline Shatter

• Knight
  • Renown: 59
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Shatter_Astralis
+3
I don't think it is as much the weapon speed as it is the footspeed.  When you combine it with the nerfed turning a fight can just devolve into running around each other swinging away.  It also makes the problems with turning overheads (where you miss ones that look like solid hits and hit random ones off target) even more of problem.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
+4
I don't think it is as much the weapon speed as it is the footspeed. 

This. That's what I had in mind complaining in other thread about high levels. As a problem I don't see high wpf, but high athletics. And gear difficutly. 12-33 builds with arguably the best 2h sword in the game (miaodao) shouldn't be possible 

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
+2
This. That's what I had in mind complaining in other thread about high levels. As a problem I don't see high wpf, but high athletics. And gear difficutly. 12-33 builds with arguably the best 2h sword in the game (miaodao) shouldn't be possible
so true
s is way overpowered now

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
+4
I personally feel the nerfed turnspeed is to blame for a lot of the random running around spamming swings.

Otherwise I enjoy the faster pace a lot, but the turnspeed nerf makes things more way more sluggish then they need be imho.

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline San

• Developer
    • View Profile
That's an interesting way of looking at it :)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 897
  • Infamy: 1387
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
You know whats interesting way to look at things. Raising weapon and armor reqs so that everything bar few selected peasant items require at least 18 STR :wink: Because that is pretty much what Tydeus did to heavy STR builds when he removed free wpf :wink: