Author Topic: VKMR: Black Desert Online  (Read 20783 times)

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
  • Renown: 533
  • Infamy: 169
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shemaforash
Re: VKMR: Black Desert Online
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2015, 11:11:12 am »
You think you'll be playing this?
You should be punished for having a shitty attitude.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2015, 11:27:12 am »
Fuck if I know lol, the word is that Korean Black Desert is not developing in the right direction (they're doing some weird changes/casualizing it, supposedly because Korean crowd wants it so), and there's always the issue of not having enough time for MMOs. There's also a few things that I dislike about BD.

I think I'll give Japanese beta a go though, see how the game is for myself.

Offline Guray

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Geceniz esen, göğünüz bol yıldızlı olsun.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kapikulu_Guray
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2015, 08:25:22 pm »
I got a free account from a friend so I will be trying this out.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2015, 09:44:47 am »
Russian Open beta starts 12th October.

Offline Gatsby

• Knight
  • Renown: 69
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Goffredo; Montfort
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2015, 11:00:15 am »
Finally

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2015, 09:09:51 am »
Russian Open Beta server is now open!

There should be no character wipe after the end of Open Beta so you might as well call this a release.

Basically all you have to do to play is to register on www.gamenet.ru and click play on Black Desert - full length video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk8RjbMTOiA&feature=youtu.be (ignore the early access part at the end, since it's already open beta)

After you have installed you will probably want to use the english patch for the game:
https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/3nhcl1/release_english_patcher_for_muxahuks_full_english/

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
Re: VKMR: Black Desert Online (RU Open Beta!)
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2015, 01:55:41 am »
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2015, 08:34:56 am »
Buy2play, interesting. Didn't think they would go buy2play, honestly. It's confirmed there'll still be a cash shop though, so it all depends on what kind of shit will be in it (KR and RU are quite pay2win).
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 09:32:09 am by Vibe »

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2015, 09:10:11 pm »
Heard the game was dumb downed, doesn't have raids and not to much end game content. Other than that apparently the combat is awesome, gonna have to see in Beta what there is.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2015, 09:46:09 pm »
Heard the game was dumb downed, doesn't have raids and not to much end game content. Other than that apparently the combat is awesome, gonna have to see in Beta what there is.

Yeah they dumbed it down, PvE is too easy. There's not much meaningful PvE apart from grinding to level.

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2015, 07:12:06 am »
playing right now in russian ob and it's maybe the first mmo that sucked me into crafting and trading and stopped me to kill monsters radomly ala diablo.
crafting system is probably the best i saw in my life , it's deep and not too stressing.
the worker system is quite original and you need to think like a civ player when you click things.
questing is enjoyable but you don't earn lot of exp doing it , you just contributing to the local city and increase the knowledge of the world around you.
ranged combat has a soft lock but you can disable it if you are masochist.
monsters are not so easy in rus server and you need to chug lots of pots in some situations.
bosses are medium difficulty but i did it solo and were part of the main story.
lore is intriguing but can't handle all the stuff right now.
armors , weapons and accessories are not so many but we have only a part of playable game right now.
housing is quite cool.
only 5 classes are in ob ru :(
to continue ...

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2015, 11:53:29 am »
Still watching this. PvP looks cool.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2015, 10:54:52 am »
Mind you I haven't tried any crafting, trading, PvP or any other side activities (like horse taming/breeding, etc) other than pure leveling, so here's my few impressions of the game:

- there's a lot of different attacks/combos your class can do, which is nice
- however, I feel like there's no "weight" behind these attacks, I might as well spam the primary (left mouse) attack and achieve the same thing
- potions have a 2 sec cooldown, which makes them spammable (very old skool asian mmo style)
- couple that with not so difficult monsters, it makes the PvE kinda bland
- graphics and animations are great (it's an asian game after all)
- however, everything is so flashy, your whole character flashes, enemies flash, skills flash, literally everything fucking flashes. It's very heavy on the eyes, no joke. And this is AFTER I disabled all those screen shakes (that you see in some videos) that make you nauseous

So after like 12 levels I put this on hold until EU/NA version is out. I'll test it more then, for now it didn't hype me enough to keep playing RU. Maybe I'm just hard to please these days, dunno. Daum (devs and publishers for EU/NA) said they realize western version will require changes, and they're already showing that by making the game buy2play - the only question here remains whether the cash shop will be purely cosmetic/convenience or pay2win like in KR/RU...
Also, they apparently skimmed a lot of PvP in KR/RU. Apparently karma system makes open world PvP useless and not worth it, you can't rob people doing trades, etc. Basically PvP outside guild wars is dead. Which is a damn shame because the PvP could be great if you could rob trading caravans (like in ArcheAge) or fight for resources.

Here's a lil extra for you guys to see how pay2win KR shop is :D

1) Cash shop costumes give boost in stats: jump strength, endurance (stamina), weapon durability, sprint, armor dura reduction upon death, etc, etc.
2) Cash shop also has INNER armor (aka underwear) that ALSO give boost in stats: hp bonus, sprint speed, endurance, etc.
3) Cash shop also has MOUNTS with their own mount armor that give various boost in mount stats: running speed/turn speed/stamina/health/etc.
4) Cash shop mounts are on par with tier 2 (or was it 3) horses - meaning, once you breed a horse and get a decent offspring, only then will it be on par with a cash shop horse.
5) Cash shop has items that prevent any sort of death penalty when you die.
6) Cash shop has convenience items such as horse whistle - which lets you call your horse from further away, unbind rune - lets you unbind high enhanced gear and sell it on marketplace, etc, etc.
7) Cash shop is one of the only places where you can acquire more carry weight for your character, bag space, warehouse space, etc, etc. The only other way to acquire more than the initial amount you start with are through certain quests (these are limited) and through marketplace when people put them up for sale (iirc you can trade these...correct me if I am wrong)

So basically, do you want to be able to carry more stuff, run for longer periods of time, travel faster with a better horse, survive longer due to higher hp, and not worry about bag space?

time to shell out some cash.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 11:02:40 am by Vibe »

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2015, 02:10:26 pm »
it's a pity you didn't like it , cause it's like to play a sigle player rpg but with loads of players doing different stuff around you , feeling the life of the city , you can smell the horses poop if you sniff the monitor closely.
The disappointment for me is the lack of a guild warehouse , there's nothing where you can stash guild stuff apart some shitty guild houses bought from auctions in predeterminated times.
You can't trade with other players  (only pots) , only with item market.
This is so disappointing for me.
Oh and Vibe , monsters are not actually easy , don't know which type of monsters are you doing but if you fight 5+ deep red/purple mobs you must consider yourself dead if you don't spam some potion (or maybe you are a pewpew ranger like me avoiding all the incoming attack like a true bundle of sticks :D).
Just saw you reach lvl 12.....well yes , mobs are pretty easy till 20+ , even the purple ones sometimes.

And if you play it like a diablo clone like my clan mate you are missing the fun part (at least for me) , there's so much to do in this mmo other than hacking & slashing :P.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2015, 02:29:03 pm »
Oh and Vibe , monsters are not actually easy , don't know which type of monsters are you doing but if you fight 5+ deep red/purple mobs you must consider yourself dead if you don't spam some potion (or maybe you are a pewpew ranger like me avoiding all the incoming attack like a true bundle of sticks :D).
Just saw you reach lvl 12.....well yes , mobs are pretty easy till 20+ , even the purple ones sometimes.

And if you play it like a diablo clone like my clan mate you are missing the fun part (at least for me) , there's so much to do in this mmo other than hacking & slashing :P.

Yeah that's why I said it's basically an incomplete "first impression", I didn't play much and I definitely didn't test anything but the basic PvE combat. But even if the monsters are difficult, all this difficulty is thrown out the window since you can just spam potions...