Author Topic: free post  (Read 1571 times)

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
free post
« on: November 21, 2014, 11:24:28 pm »
+7
here I wrote a post where I hit every beat I thought of to sell by the strengths of cRPG, idk if you can even talk about specific work on a mod in official marketing/kickstarter stuff legally.  feel free to use any of this post or any community ppl can repost it on other forums as their own idc and im too lazy to repost it myself on reddit or something (real website publishing will be sued w/o consent tia)

send PM if u ever want a little fluff or copy written specifically for something tia

slight edits to draw comparisons to "the next dota" (a good angle)

---------------

As a long time cRPG player what really set the mod apart from Warband and other similar melee games was their ongoing support of the multiplayer community.

Constant balance patches that rivaled games like Dota or LoL, Elo skill ratings displayed in game for duels with leaderboards that competitive players loved, making your own logo designs for clans to wear into battle and look hilarious in formation, accepting and implementing high quality community made armor, weapons, and maps.

Whatever M:BG looks like now, I can guarantee they will support the hell out of it after release. cRPG had so much work put into it expanding clan and community support it became one of the most fully-featured PC multiplayer games I've played and kept everyone coming back to otherwise bland and repetitive Warband multiplayer for years. There was even a clan-based open sandbox grand campaign war that got reworked and restarted every year that could compete with the best browser based games, except you got to play massive battles on a special cRPG server using all sorts of siege gear and defenses they modded themselves with hundreds of players fighting like real armies.

The way you can run a clan armory and bank, shop in a huge store of a thousand pieces of gear, trade powerful heirloom (prestige system buff to gear) items on the marketplace with other players, customize stats and builds for diverse playstyles instead of static classes, everything ends up giving cRPG tons of personality and a sense of community that other PC games haven't been able to match.

Put all of that in their own game on their own engine and you'll have a multiplayer experience that you and your friends will keep playing every night, instead of playing for a couple hours and moving on to the next generic arena game disappointment. There's a reason hundreds of people on my Steam list have 1000s of hours in Mount and Blade, and it's not herding cows in the campaign. The atmosphere and pull of a persistent MMO world, but the skill-based gameplay of something like Street Fighter was something brand new that no one's yet matched.

I'm supporting Melee: Battlegrounds, and so should any PC gamer who is sick of the same old thing. The cRPG mod team were as innovative and talented as the makers of Dota or Counter-Strike, and their new game might have just as much potential.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 12:12:56 am by Smoothrich »
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login