Author Topic: Upcoming "Revival" patch  (Read 50016 times)

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming "Revival" patch
« Reply #315 on: October 16, 2014, 12:15:56 pm »
+5
I played a bit with the updated character/damage simulator, and STR+IF really greatly reduce weight penalty.

I simulated me and Heskey build and we go from 10 effective WPF to 15  :D, but a 30/9 build with full IF/WM can have ~70 WPF in full plate, while a 21/21 in the same conditions will have ~85! So it makes sense, those with a lot of weight but less STR/IF will be quite slowed down, but as I said it will mostly influence those who have a lot of WPF to begin with (at least 3 WM to be "competitive").

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Renown: 674
  • Infamy: 165
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
« Reply #316 on: October 16, 2014, 12:20:42 pm »
+1
I played a bit with the updated character/damage simulator

Where's that?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Utrakil

• Marshall
  • Renown: 885
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Randwig; Gerwin; Marketenderin; Fletcher

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Renown: 674
  • Infamy: 165
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
« Reply #318 on: October 16, 2014, 12:28:30 pm »
+1
Oh, it's been updated to reflect changes in the upcoming patch already? I didn't think so cause the last edit date of the post and comments were in July or so. Or maybe that's just not what was meant by updated. Anyway, thanks.

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #319 on: October 16, 2014, 12:53:05 pm »
+5
Hey guys, who are going to retire their high level chars before the patch. This is my personal opinion, but you never had a worse time to retire than now.
Patch changes levels, not exp. You'll lose all that exp for few loompoints you could otherwise get from alts, yet you lose a high level character which would be FAR more valuable after the patch because of easier/free respecs.

nah coz its just a big indirect nerf for all kind of shielders eg. even now if someone is Shielder high lvl 35/36 agi or balanced or some strange str build and hes facing 2h/polearm player on lower level he will be always in slightly worse situation due to weapon range, high damage output, footwork, speed bonus etc(im asuming both players on same skill level) after this patch polearms/2h will get more PS coz they can just cut the IF(2points lol lmao) and go balanced agi 18 or 21 and put the rest into PS and thats mean shields will brake faster, you might say ok shielders can put IF into builds but it will not help much (1 more hold with big output damage weapon and its gg no re for them) other big thing it will promote cav/melee builds 21/21 u can grab 6R loomed pony and couche as much as u want until ur low hp on horse unmout and go straight for normal fighting (its big indirect nerf for all foot range,trowers and shielders) and there is more and more f**** ed up builds for 2h/polearms :)
You're claiming shielders somehow get less advantage from level up than other classes, which is a nonsense. They can improve their str/agi/IF/shield skills just as well as any other class. Nothing would change relatively, unless you're a turtling kind of shielder who never attacks - then yes, enemies will break your shield faster sometimes.

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #320 on: October 16, 2014, 01:34:27 pm »
+2
Hey guys, who are going to retire their high level chars before the patch. This is my personal opinion, but you never had a worse time to retire than now.
Patch changes levels, not exp. You'll lose all that exp for few loompoints you could otherwise get from alts, yet you lose a high level character which would be FAR more valuable after the patch because of easier/free respecs.
You're claiming shielders somehow get less advantage from level up than other classes, which is a nonsense. They can improve their str/agi/IF/shield skills just as well as any other class. Nothing would change relatively, unless you're a turtling kind of shielder who never attacks - then yes, enemies will break your shield faster sometimes.

What I love about that pach is how it makes high lvl bulids just waste of time, for sure I will stick to my old habit and I will retire when that will be posible.
do you really think that 2 or 3 kill points will change anything?
maybe it will be some build opener but it will be total waste of time too and noone will not dominate battlefield with op build anymore.

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #321 on: October 16, 2014, 01:40:51 pm »
+1
I played a bit with the updated character/damage simulator, and STR+IF really greatly reduce weight penalty.

I simulated me and Heskey build and we go from 10 effective WPF to 15  :D, but a 30/9 build with full IF/WM can have ~70 WPF in full plate, while a 21/21 in the same conditions will have ~85! So it makes sense, those with a lot of weight but less STR/IF will be quite slowed down, but as I said it will mostly influence those who have a lot of WPF to begin with (at least 3 WM to be "competitive").

I compared two same builds :

The first is a regular 24/21 (lvl 37) with 8 IF

The second is the same build without IF

I applied the same equipment.

The results are  :shock:

The build without IF loses 15 points of effective wpf

The best part is  that IF *magic* starts kicking at 5

good job donkeys (in a positive way).

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #322 on: October 16, 2014, 01:58:59 pm »
I guess those changes might raise the population a bit for some time, but it will drop again, because the basic problems of the game (balance of classes regarding the game mode, upkeep system, marketplace, multiplier system, banner balance) are not being fixed. People will get demotivated for the same reasons like before.

Nobody has stopped playing because of the changes which will be implemented here, and making the start easier for new players won't influence the problems the game has in general.

The more I think about it, those constant nerfs and this downright retarded sticking to "No! You keep your character and looms!" whenever a patch was applied surely had their fair share in demotivating players.

- You disallow players to respec or redistribute loom points after a patch which changes builds or weapon balance
- You introduce the marketplace feature, including training lessons and blacksmith for ridiculous amounts of gold
- For players who are dedicated the marketplace offered a place to make a lot of money and respec/rearrange loom points best to the "flavour of the month"
- Result: the players who play MOST and most likely BEST have no money problems any more (= constantly running around in better equipment), and can adjust to changes the best
- After any change, it takes time until people find out which are the most effective builds, and then it takes time for the devs to adjust the balance accordingly
- With free respecs (the planned 7 day system is fine by me and should have been implemented right away) this system would be much faster and less clumsy, allowing a much faster balancing process

But no, for some reason people decided that players should stick to their builds, making every patch a real gamble if you had an effective build. Of course people quit if you punish them without having done anything wrong. Or can you bring forward a single good reason why you forced people to stick to their builds and heirlooms? A single one? I bet you can't.

And as I listed above, that's only one of many many reasons.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Radament

• King
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 16, 2014, 01:59:33 pm »
What I love about that pach is how it makes high lvl bulids just waste of time, for sure I will stick to my old habit and I will retire when that will be posible.
do you really think that 2 or 3 kill points will change anything?
maybe it will be some build opener but it will be total waste of time too and noone will not dominate battlefield with op build anymore.

Lies ! he's joking on you guys so you will be stuck at lvl 37 with crap builds while Bobby within 2016 will reach the Metabuild420iBrokeTheGame at lvl 39
(click to show/hide)
:lol:

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 16, 2014, 02:47:01 pm »
Oh, it's been updated to reflect changes in the upcoming patch already? I didn't think so cause the last edit date of the post and comments were in July or so. Or maybe that's just not what was meant by updated. Anyway, thanks.

It is updated because IF never reduced WPF penalty afaik :P

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
« Reply #325 on: October 16, 2014, 02:58:06 pm »
+1
Punish the min-maxing scumbags who try to pick the most exploitable or broken builds? everyone

ftfy

I mean, isn't it natural for everyone to play what they find most enjoyable, and become best at what they play the most?

I don't know anyone who has sacrificed fun for performance among my friends in cRPG. In my experience, you can't perform well when you're bored. Swashbuckler is inferior to shielder, yet I am better at it because I find shielders boring. All the talk about min-maxing comes from treating others in a different way than yourself.

In the end, we are all the same: A bunch of nerds trying to have fun. Beating each other to pulp in the objectively most efficient way isn't why we play. We are humans, not AI.
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline SyderOne

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ISLAMIC STATE
  • Game nicks: Syder // Azzam
« Reply #326 on: October 16, 2014, 03:04:44 pm »
remove stupid speed nerf madafakas

Offline Radament

• King
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 16, 2014, 03:09:39 pm »
+3
ftfy

I mean, isn't it natural for everyone to play what they find most enjoyable, and become best at what they play the most?

I don't know anyone who has sacrificed fun for performance among my friends in cRPG. In my experience, you can't perform well when you're bored. Swashbuckler is inferior to shielder, yet I am better at it because I find shielders boring. All the talk about min-maxing comes from treating others in a different way than yourself.

In the end, we are all the same: A bunch of nerds trying to have fun. Beating each other to pulp in the objectively most efficient way isn't why we play. We are humans, not AI.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #328 on: October 16, 2014, 03:12:39 pm »
+2
(click to show/hide)
01110111011001010110110001101100001000000111011101100001011011100110111001100001001000000111000001110101011011000010000001100001001000000110101001101111011010110110010100111111000011010000101001100100011011110010000001101001011101000010000001110000011100100110111101110000011001010111001000100000011101110110000101111001

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Hecur

• Knight
  • Renown: 73
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile