Author Topic: Cavalry suggestions  (Read 1398 times)

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 825
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DoV
  • Game nicks: Dupre, Sentri
  • IRC nick: Nashringa
Re: Cavalry suggestions
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2014, 06:15:58 pm »
Ye but like you say, it's for your last 5 gens.
I propose to him to go cav for the first time to see what is cavalry in reality and not in the biased view of an infantery player.

And for the counter mentioned, i have 20+ gen on cav and this does not prevent me from being raped by all thoses classes.

Everything is a matter of observation. For both cavs and their victims.

I have a cav alt, I'm not new to c-rpg. These aren't biased suggestions. I don't even die that often to cavs, but after observing for the past month, I've noticed that cav builds are always on top with a really high score, most of them always go to spawn at the beginning of the round, and the other day I saw a cav kill 4 people in less than 20 seconds. Literally had a machine gun lance stabbing people left and right.
Steam: ajkretchmer

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2014, 06:19:37 pm »
Buu buu biii booo  :cry:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2014, 06:22:20 pm »
Plz stop agreeing to evry fucking whiny noob whore, WHO enters the forum......

Cant believe you fucktards are talking about wanting more nerfs to this shit stained and slow ass combat mod....

This thread is just another, plz nerf it, cause cant be arsed to deal with it....

Tzar, just posting on here dude. This isn't the shit talking or crying forum.

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2014, 06:24:47 pm »
+2
Cavalry build.

It is expensive. It is hard. And it can be extremely frustrating.

Make lances destructible when riding on a horse.
No, because a horse build is extremely expensive already

Give Horses stamina - You can dig deeper with this, maybe only when turning with the horse.
No. They already have two major weaknesses:
1. they´re big (great target for enemy ranged units)
2. They rear. They rear A LOT. Bee collides with your horses ear? Rear. Enemy farts and the fart cloud gets into the horses way? Rear. You ride 2 mph slow against a small branch? Rear. Why do you think are people barely using light horses? Because rearing with a light horse mostly means death.

Limit the amount of Cavs on each team, maybe make it a 1:1 ratio or even a counter build ratio(1 cav : 1 archer/thrower etc).
No. Cav aren´t the only things that counter cav. Polearms, ranged and throwers do that too.

Enough of my "no"s now. Now comes the important part:

"Walk in the boots of your enemies if you want to understand them."

I highly suggest you to make yourself a horse build and try it out for 1,2 gens. Playing cav isn´t as frontal as it used to be (and as it actually was in reality), thanks to plenty of nerfs, cav players (except ranged cav of course[cunts]) HAVE to play sneaky. Attacking the enemy when they don´t expect it and dealing fast strikes is actually the only thing left for them to do. Ever seen a cav with heavy lance/1h directly charging an enemy from the front? No, the range will mostly not be enough; even with a heavy lance it´s really difficult to outrange some guy with a 2h sword, and they mostly will move just right so you won´t be able to hit them.
Yeh, i knoow, great lances are longer and of course mostly charge directly, but they´re really easy to avoid if you know how to move. (also, you may not be able to block a couch attack, but you can chamber it if you practice that a bit)

How to deal with cav then? Golden rule: Perception
Since backstabbing and quick strikes from behind is mostly the only thing left for them to do, a short look around with your ^-key (or whereever you put the free-view cam) can save your life and take a cav´s life in 75% of the moments. Also, listen to hoofsteps, even if you think that it´s your ally, turn around to do an extra check. Especially at the beginning of a round, people don´t expect a cav attack from behind cause "horses can´t be at spawn that fast, nah?". Sure they can.

Pissed with cav? Grab a pike (you don´t even have to have wpf for that) and just watch your teams back (especially archers, who can sorta be magnets for enemy cav). Become a ranged class and stay close to trees, buildings, other pikers. Or just have    perception.

So please don´t be surprised why you´re getting so many downvotes, cav isn´t an easy class and it can be easily countered (although people keep forgetting their surroundings and keep paying no attention).

Try a cav build and see for yourself! :)

EDIT: Just read that you have a cav alt. What class? What build? How long have you played yet? Cav topping the scoreboard because people don´t pay attention and those cav mostly have heavy horses, but remember: you don´t want to pay that guys upkeep.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 06:34:08 pm by Ikarus »

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2014, 06:30:52 pm »
Cavalry build.

It is expensive. It is hard. And it can be extremely frustrating.

Make lances destructible when riding on a horse.
No, because a horse build is extremely expensive

Give Horses stamina - You can dig deeper with this, maybe only when turning with the horse.
No. They already have two major weaknesses:
1. they´re big (great target for enemy ranged units)
2. They rear. They rear A LOT. Bee collides with your horses ear? Rear. Enemy farts and the fart cloud gets into the horses way? Rear. You ride 2 mph slow against a small branch? Rear. Why do you think are people barely using light horses? Because rearing with a light horse mostly means death.

Limit the amount of Cavs on each team, maybe make it a 1:1 ratio or even a counter build ratio(1 cav : 1 archer/thrower etc).
No. Cav aren´t the only things that counter cav. Polearms, ranged and throwers do that too.

Enough of my "no"s now. Now comes the important part:

"Walk in the boots of your enemies if you want to understand them."
[/i]

I highly suggest you to make yourself a horse build and try it out for 1,2 gens. Playing cav isn´t as frontal as it used to be (and as it actually was in reality), thanks to plenty of nerfs, cav players (except ranged cav of course[cunts]) HAVE to play sneaky. Attacking the enemy when they don´t expect it and dealing fast strikes is actually the only thing left for them to do. Ever seen a cav with heavy lance/1h directly charging an enemy from the front? No, the range will mostly not be enough; even with a heavy lance it´s really difficult to outrange some guy with a 2h sword, and they mostly will move just right so you won´t be able to hit them.
Yeh, great lances are longer, but really easy to avoid if you know how to move. (also, you may not be able to block a couch attack, but you can chamber it if you practice that a bit)

How to deal with cav then? Golden rule: Perception
Since backstabbing and quick strikes from behind is mostly the only thing left for them to do, a short look around with your ^-key (or whereever you put the free-view cam) can save your life and take a cav´s life in 75% of the moments. Also, listen to hoofsteps, even if you think that it´s your ally, turn around to do an extra check. Especially at the beginning of a round, people don´t expect a cav attack from behind cause "horses can´t be at spawn that fast, nah?". Sure they can.

Pissed with cav? Grab a pike (you don´t even have to have wpf for that) and just watch your teams back (especially archers, who can sorta be magnets for enemy cav). Become a ranged class and stay close to trees, buildings, other pikers. Or just have    perception.

So please don´t be surprised why you have so many downvotes, cav isn´t an easy class and it can be easily countered (although people keep forgetting their surroundings and keep paying no attention).

Try a cav build and see for yourself! :)

Byzantium clan, all of you seem extremely biased on this. Obviously you guys play cav alot...

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2014, 06:37:56 pm »
EDIT: Just read that you have a cav alt. What class? What build? How long have you played yet? Cav topping the scoreboard because people don´t pay attention and those cav mostly have heavy horses, but remember: you don´t want to pay that guys upkeep.

I gave up playing lance cav 1 year ago (and I played for almost 2 years) because it became so friggin frustrating (thanks, ranged)

If you´re really pissed by cav, try a pike or ranged build. Nothing is more satisfying than stopping an enemy cav in the middle of your team and watching it getting ripped to pieces, like a lamb getting slaughtered by a bunch of hungry wolves  :mrgreen:

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2014, 06:42:53 pm »
Byzantium clan, all of you seem extremely biased on this. Obviously you guys play cav alot...

just for the record, whats your main class?

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline matt2507

• King
  • Renown: 1013
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • It is when making anything that we become anyone.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Raylin The_Village_Idiot Mohamed_Ali
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2014, 07:54:11 pm »
I have a cav alt, I'm not new to c-rpg. These aren't biased suggestions. I don't even die that often to cavs, but after observing for the past month, I've noticed that cav builds are always on top with a really high score
Most of cavs players have more than 5 gen on cav now and there are many new peasants (priority target for cavs  :rolleyes:) and many agi builds with low armor on the game actualy so it's not realy suprising.

most of them always go to spawn at the beginning of the round
Yes, this shit spawnraping need some rework. This is probably the only thing i agreed with you. It's gay and lame as hell.

and the other day I saw a cav kill 4 people in less than 20 seconds. Literally had a machine gun lance stabbing people left and right.
Observation like i say. If the players have opened their eyes, that cav should be probably dead after the 1st kill.
This is not really incredible. I already see some melee players killing 4, 5, 6 or plus players in les than 20 seconds.

No donkeys were harmed in the making of this gif.

Offline Tojo

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
  • Long Live NA_1
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, HoC, Acre, MB, HG, Beserks
  • Game nicks: _Tojo, Drew_Brees, Tijo
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2014, 12:00:41 am »

Lol yes the people who play cav a lot will be better at it,  just like with anything in life. The average cav can top the scoreboard on a nice flat map because of two things speed of travel and damage bonus. For example when cav attacks they are looking for enemies that are not aware and lined up. When you hit 4 people back to back with cav in 10 seconds you generate alot of points. Infantry can't do this simple because they are too slow. This is the reason cav tops the scoreboard. ..

However, even veterans of cav can still be destroyed by a peasant with a pitchfork if they pay attention to their backs. Basically the easiest way to kill any cav is with situational awareness. For example,  if you know cav is coming through a tight space, wait for them just around the corner. Hear the thundering of hooves, better turn around.

Right now cav is the weakest it has Ben in a long time. You can stop a horse with a Bec De Corbin that's just silly.

Offline Simon_Templar

• Knight
  • Renown: 59
  • Infamy: 246
  • cRPG Player
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCZOzmKRuPk
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2014, 02:38:07 pm »
Actually i do most of the kills with greatlance now. And when they would break. You coundnt play medieval cav anymore. Because like i always try to tell you guys. Game would needs a more realistic damaging system before thinking of implementing something like lance breaking. Another thing is what is really unrealistic that you can jump in this game and hit an rider this is whats wrong here. Also it would be better to nerf the 1 hand stab instead of nerfing cav anymore. For me the problem is that armors are not that good anymore because of the idiotic weaponmaster system. but i told you people that ages ago!!! But still you want to nerf cav. For me you just cant play and won t see the point that cav should be OP and was OP in medieval times.

Offline Simon_Templar

• Knight
  • Renown: 59
  • Infamy: 246
  • cRPG Player
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCZOzmKRuPk
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2014, 02:42:11 pm »
Another point is as a infantry man with shield you could take a spear with you. What is more retarded that you cant use that much shildskill anymore that you can crush them with Mauls. This is what is retarded mister so when you threading cav you pretty much threading every other class as well because you change the balance of the game.

So let me guess you are 2 hander....... :wink: