Poll

Time to move on...

CRPG is dead.
BoE is Best

Author Topic: BoE Mod (better than crpg)!  (Read 12392 times)

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
Re: BoE Mod (better than crpg)!
« Reply #90 on: August 24, 2014, 12:39:55 am »
+3
Yes, we we're definitely kicking @SS, Taser! But i do have to mention I am level 29, so that makes it quite easier to destroy those level 10s and such. also, most people don't understand that a long polearm can get 2 swings in before their shorter weapon can reach the polearm user. So, they dont bother to block a 2nd attack because they think they are close enough to land a hit. People will learn though, a good counter to polearm is shield cause you can just walk up with your block and start swinging, also, its pretty easy to chamber the long polearms.

In regards to having multiple builds, I think it is a fantastic feature. I currently have 8 builds, ranging from just a cannon loadout, to full on sniper Red Matchlock Arquebus. It adds a lot of playability to the mod unlike c-rpg. If you start to rage or dislike what you're currently playing, just switch your build and play something else with a different playstyle.

The mod does have quite a few bugs and Apsod is their ONLY item balancer, and he is still balancing all of 400+ items in the mod.

-Foppit

Ahh so you were foppit. I was wondering who that was.  :lol:

I'm not saying it sucks at all or that I won't play it. I just think polearms are OP compared to 2h or 1h. I wanted to be a 1h but waited to put wpf since I wanted to know more about the mod first (then I found out about multiple builds and bam made pole build). But I won't stop playing. I'll make different builds and so forth to keep playing. Its pretty fun and xp seems to come in pretty fast.

I definitely like the xp system. It has a minimum you can get but if you participate and assist your team with kills and get kills of your own, you get more xp and gold for doing so. I definitely like that. You get rewarded for doing well which is awesome.

Poor Apsod though. That's a lot to balance.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline _Sebastian_

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • Lazy Wizard
    • View Profile
    • Bad Bug Busters
  • Faction: Flat-Earth Reptilian
  • Game nicks: Fenris_Sebastian
« Reply #91 on: August 24, 2014, 01:42:51 am »
+1
Looks like there was a patch this morning/yesterday which gives you a discount on the unkeep, there are no patchnotes yet so i cant tell you how it works, but it seems to solve the unkeep proplem.
The changelog is allways linked in the download description.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,311491.0.html
We also create a thread with patch notes each time we release an update.

Poor Apsod though. That's a lot to balance.
Apsod is no longer part of the team, but he isn't the only balancer.
Balancing is indeed a long progress and we're just at the begining, compared to other mods out there.
Again, keep in mind that we've released an open alpha mod which is still WIP.

Offline Lemon_

• Earl
  • Renown: 343
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 24, 2014, 03:51:39 am »

Offline Lemon_

• Earl
  • Renown: 343
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 24, 2014, 04:02:46 am »
You're trying to turn this thread from an interesting mod thread into a 'bash the amerimy old friends' thread. It's not a matter of EU being superior, or NA being superior. it's a matter of a few asshats who come onto the servers to troll. EU does the same thing.

Anyways, i think i'll check out this mod tonight. I'm just praying I don't come online only to see people like heskey crying because some 'amerimy old friends' joined the EU servers and said that grenades were OP.

Offline Life

• Marshall
  • Renown: 763
  • Infamy: 281
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mod is dead.
  • Game nicks: Assassin_Life, Efil, iK_Life
« Reply #94 on: August 24, 2014, 05:04:58 am »
Definitely the weakest point of the mod is that so many of the playerbase are from crpg, if you want to get away from the toxic crpg community you cant do it in BoE xD Eu settled down a lot today and the community seems pretty cool there now, tonight however it was a shitstorm of entitled amerimy old friends bitching about grenades and being general cunts to the devs to the extent where they'd be banned in any other game or mod, then crying like babies when they get kicked or one got banned. It's quite fun to see the amerimy old friends cry when they try being dicks to get what they want and get fucked as a result, i hope to see devs do lots of that in the future - it's your mod.

Out of interest, what does EU think of grenades? I've not seen it be an issue on EU side, so the issue is most likely with the community not so much the mechanics.

Gameplaywise i find restored love for it.  Community wise, i'd only go NA if you were fishing for trolls or hoping to see amerimy old friends push a dev to the point they get kicked or banned and then drench their screen with tears at the 'sudden unjust' banning xD
Who were the american players trolling the EU's?

I often play EU due to there not being NA servers with people all the time, (and all the NA players play is TDM which gets boring, they think everything else is broken even after i tell them siege has been fixed and battle is fine.)

The only problem i have with EU servers is my 150 ping makes it difficult to shoot people, but not impossible. Melee also requires a quicker reaction on my part compared to me playing on an NA server, but its nothing i can't handle  :wink:
Assassin Video
My custom crosshair

Offline Life

• Marshall
  • Renown: 763
  • Infamy: 281
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mod is dead.
  • Game nicks: Assassin_Life, Efil, iK_Life
« Reply #95 on: August 24, 2014, 05:39:05 am »
+1
Yeah most NA players just ban poll anybody they get mad at, and 90% of the time it gets accepted.

EU is definitely the better part of the community in BoE
Assassin Video
My custom crosshair

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 24, 2014, 08:46:33 am »
Repost of a picture that has been posted atleast 10 times in these forums

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 24, 2014, 12:15:52 pm »
+1
we've released an open alpha mod which is still WIP.

its cool, we dont have to pay in order to be allowed to alpha test your shit *cough-bohemia*  :P

Offline Tibe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 24, 2014, 12:47:40 pm »
+1
Lol. It really makes me weep for humanity that all that actually works. Somehow im getting the feeling that early-access and kickstarter, while originally with noble cause, has done significantly more harm to gaming in general, than actual good.

"Lets just slap a beta sticker on our bugfilled piece of crap thats filled with promises, that we never entirely said would come true and sell it for an outrageous price with a claim that is gonna cost even more later if you dont get it now. And you are gonna feel really stupid once it actually ends up being good and you will buy it for even a larger sum of money. And we dont wanna hear any complaints later aswell, cause we said it was beta and we never entirely promised anything."

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 24, 2014, 12:54:14 pm »
i know its easy, but i blame all the wealthy noobs  :lol:

example:

Rich guy sees Eve Online. Rich guy downloads eve. Rich guy buy a loads of plex's (https://secure.eveonline.com/Plex/WhatIsPlex.aspx). Rich guy is naive and newbie and travel through hostile space 1) in one of the smalles, most fragile ships in the game and its not even geared 2) with a cargo worth roghly over $2500. Pirates scan his ship and pops him. Rich guy respawn and go buy more plex. Rich guy is too rich to give a fuck. Rich guy is ignorant.

http://www.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=13730228
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 01:10:15 pm by Sniger »

Offline Tibe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 24, 2014, 01:03:46 pm »
+3
I dont honestly know who to blame. Its not only the wealthy. Its all the bored gamers that have gotten sick of AAA. Pretty sure majority of us have backed some hopeless projects that havent gotten anywhere, but we kinda hoped that would. Technically kickstarter and early-access is people selling promises. Promises they arent bound to keep by any contract but their own morals. Regular people are the ones giving money to them. Its not businesstycoons and developers fault that they are trying earn money and found the perfect form of false advertising thats not crossing any laws.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 01:08:12 pm by Tibe »

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 24, 2014, 01:16:21 pm »
Every single thing in this life, every fucking little tiny thing you discuss... It all comes down to FUCKING money and profit. ALL THE FUCKING TIME! It sickens me. Every breathe i take taste dirty but nowhere i go the taste of shit is in me mouth. Money and profit. All there is to this world.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #102 on: August 24, 2014, 01:50:57 pm »
+3
Every single thing in this life, every fucking little tiny thing you discuss... It all comes down to FUCKING money and profit. ALL THE FUCKING TIME! It sickens me. Every breathe i take taste dirty but nowhere i go the taste of shit is in me mouth. Money and profit. All there is to this world.

Not true, there also this thing called "shitting on other people threads" on various forums, I heard it can be quite fun.......
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 24, 2014, 02:51:56 pm »
it is :)

take some shit, give some shit.

this forum also boils down to useless mammon.

(click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 02:57:49 pm by Sniger »

Offline kwhy

• Earl
  • Renown: 302
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • trash
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ted_the_garbage_man, missANGY, missBENDaKNEE, missAGAIN, Moove, Fallback, LLpewJ, Lets_ride_bikes
« Reply #104 on: August 24, 2014, 04:32:44 pm »
+1
You're trying to turn this thread from an interesting mod thread into a 'bash the amerimy old friends' thread. It's not a matter of EU being superior, or NA being superior. it's a matter of a few asshats who come onto the servers to troll. EU does the same thing.

Anyways, i think i'll check out this mod tonight. I'm just praying I don't come online only to see people like heskey crying because some 'amerimy old friends' joined the EU servers and said that grenades were OP.

clock is right in that it boils down to a few asshats doing their IRL high school drama in game.  I stay neutral pretty much to everyone and even enjoy playing with these *asshats*, but it does get old sometimes.

lets just enjoy the mod and hope this doesn't scare any new players/developers/admins away.