Author Topic: For you, which countries has the longest/ most important rivarly since X century  (Read 5364 times)

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
The split in half of the Greek world at the time is not entirely wrong, but it was mostly cultural, between Dorian and Ionian. Sparta and Athens were just the two most powerful cities of both ethnicities.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lannistark

• Duke
  • Renown: 586
  • Infamy: 118
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Duke
All of Western Europe watches each other closely. Past is long and conflicts common. Spain, France, UK, Germany, Italy namely have always been rivals.

UK Germany and France I'd say are close rivals, since Spain sucks nowadays and nobody gives a fuck about us. In fact, people from all those countries come over here to our beaches, fuck our women and then carry on. Spain wishes it has rivals, but nobody considers it important enough nowadays. Although it is true french fries are grumpy lately towards us with Nadal winning Roland Garros, Contador winning Tour de France, and losing practically in every sport against us...

Oh and then you have Greece, which most don't care about, but don't want to gift them money either.

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Every Clan, but mostly Ninja!
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Renay
EU cRPG Community / NA cRPG Community
Blackbow is a bad admin,he once told me sandfriend It broked all my desire from the game/forums,i felt devastated,horrible don't know how to fix it.

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
The split in half of the Greek world at the time is not entirely wrong, but it was mostly cultural, between Dorian and Ionian. Sparta and Athens were just the two most powerful cities of both ethnicities.

This^

But also everytime that Athens was in conflict with Sparta, the other City States had to pick sides, thats why I used the split in half term.

Oh and then you have Greece, which most don't care about, but don't want to gift them money either.

Dunno `bout Spain, but Greece has current beefs with Turkey, Albania and Skopja.

The Turks violate our IAS and IWA every fucking day, they send thousands of immigrants to us to create chaos, and they interfe to Thrace trying to create an independed state based upon the Pomaks. Honestly I wouldn`t be suprised if the next "Crimea" happens here in Greece, the turkish embassy in Thrace is a pain in the ass.

The Albanians accuse us that we exploit the Albanian immigrants and they threaten us to sue us in the international court, and the Skopjans go full retard with their retarded monkey propaganda.

Sadly, our current prime minister is the Yes man of Merkel, ready to bow down and complete any of her wishes.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
Contador winning Tour de France

Sheesh no one cares about Contador the doper :P

Offline Herezy92

• Earl
  • Renown: 414
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Frog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Herezy
Well, i guess Spain has some troubles with north african countries.
If i'm correct, Spain has very small lands in North Africa. Which means, those lands are in the EU, and so there is a high pressure on the border.

Like Italy has to face alone (left by EU members :( ) the massive arrivals of immigrants coming from Lybia.

But to be honest, between the western European countries, there is no more big rivalries like it was in the past.
From my country, (France) we sometimes friendly taunt the british and so they do on official medias, but that's all.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
Well, i guess Spain has some troubles with north african countries.
If i'm correct, Spain has very small lands in North Africa. Which means, those lands are in the EU, and so there is a high pressure on the border.

On the Spain note. Spain and UK over Gibraltar as well. Always a sore point with that one.

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile

From Prehistoric times, when legends tell of great battles between Danes and Swedes, through the centuries to our days of soccermatches and political crisis, the relationship between the two Nordic nations has been a very special one..few nations have engaged in so many wars against each other.

Our two kingdoms have fought over almost everything, especially over Norway, Scania, the Baltic and the North Sea. But we are like brothers fighting, we may have always had a rivalry but we still prefer each other over Southrons, and we share blood and culture and history like few other seperate nations. Soon, Copenhagen and Malmö will be one and hopefully we'll have some kind of Nordic Union instead of a disastrous EU.

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
^ Nothing beats an honourable street fight.

Real men fight with fists, god I wish I could be there and give or receive some hooks  :mrgreen:

Offline Herezy92

• Earl
  • Renown: 414
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Frog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Herezy
^ Nothing beats an honourable street fight.

Real men fight with fists, god I wish I could be there and give or receive some hooks  :mrgreen:

You savage southerner !

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Every Clan, but mostly Ninja!
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Renay
I like how they still have rules during those fights and respect each other and give handshakes when a side won. Pure brutality would not be as good as this. Fighting like this is fun.
Blackbow is a bad admin,he once told me sandfriend It broked all my desire from the game/forums,i felt devastated,horrible don't know how to fix it.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
This^

But also everytime that Athens was in conflict with Sparta, the other City States had to pick sides, thats why I used the split in half term.

Yeah, there was a mostly well-established network of rivalries and alliances, and city/colony identification as Dorian or Ionian was certainly a factor. There were other greek ethnic groups, but in the time period we're talking about (Greco-Persian wars through Peloponnesian War and more or less up til Macedonian accendency) those were the two leading ones, especially in terms of colonies outside of the greek peninsula.

Offline Lannistark

• Duke
  • Renown: 586
  • Infamy: 118
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Duke
Sheesh no one cares about Contador the doper :P

But you do know him, and you do bother to comment. Everyone knows there was no evidence for that. Even the UCI themselves admitted.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Evidence for doping: he won the Tour. There you go. I take it as a given these days anyone winning that thing is dopped up to the gills.

Offline Kan_Tervel

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Tervel_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Tervel
Bulgaria - Byzantine
The truth is that we are addicted. Nubspawnrape addiction. Strong dependence. We need help. Give us all your silver. We gather for professional therapy  :wink: