Author Topic: 1 kill 53 deaths.  (Read 8303 times)

Offline Husasz

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
1 kill 53 deaths.
« on: May 19, 2011, 08:38:20 am »
so those are my stats so far..is this normal or do I just suck? im level 11. In native deathmatch I usually get at least half my deaths in kills, and most of the tiem am just under par.

gonna go play single player and kill sea raiders to boost my confidence 8-)

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
Re: 1 kill 53 deaths.
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 08:50:10 am »
Yeah, that's pretty normal. Wait until you are level 20 or something before you start making some real damage.
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Wallace

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WallaceBRD
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 08:54:19 am »
Peasant life is a lot like my erections... short lived and squishy

Just stick it out while girls laugh at you and say things like "thats it?"

because one day you'll meet that special weapon that u talk to she's all "You're the man now dawg!"

Offline Renegat

• Baron
  • Renown: 105
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 09:31:48 am »
It's pretty normal indeed, it's difficult for a lvl 11 to be realy dangerous (especially if you're an archer).
If you want to have a more "long live", always follow the group, never go alone, that's the only thing you can do.
So keep on playing crpg, wait lvl 20 and you ll start enjoying this mod ^^

Offline Husasz

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 09:32:44 am »
heh, thanks guys, i was assuming it would be a bit like this but damn is it frustrating.

Offline Espu

• The good
  • Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Espu
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 09:35:04 am »
Kills are not the only way to be useful. Get a shield or a long stick and poke/block enemies trying to hit your buddies. You might save a few and help win the day.

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2011, 09:51:45 am »
Kills are not the only way to be useful. Get a shield or a long stick and poke/block enemies trying to hit your buddies. You might save a few and help win the day.
also allways keep in mind that you are quite fast with your low gear. attract some guy that believe u an easy kill and lure him to your teammates.

Offline Knute

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 682
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 10:16:03 am »
I bet that one kill was awesome though!

Yeah, even if you don't put points into polearms, the pike and other long spears are good low upkeep weapons for supporting your team and getting the occasional kill.  The light crossbow with steel bolts is another good way to get a few kills from a safe distance.

Offline Khalim

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 10:30:29 am »
I think this is the games greatest weakness.

Professional Gamedesigner will laugh at the fact, that you have to WAIT until Lv 20 to actually be able to do something in battle.

This game is totally horrible for beginner! Even the Heirloom thing is extremly bad for beginner, because many player have accumulated easily generation before patch, but if you start right now, you will have to play 200 hours to get 1 Masterpiece item.

Until 200 gametime is spent, MW items will not be worth anything because of the inflation which will be caused by high gen players who have actually gained some Heirloompoints "for free" and accumulate them faster(okay gen bonus got nerved to 3%, I know, but this also makes quite a difference if you have +30-60% more XP)

I see that CRPG improves, but until the game is not designed for beginners, the number of players will not increase as fast as it actually should.

@skip the fun

First of all I was really happy about this, but actually this is dumb shit.

It would be much better if there where no restriction and no money gain. If you start with Lv 30 you should only need the full XP to gain Lv 31.

without skip the fun: 1->31 takes 8,7 MIO XP
with skip the fun: 30->31 should take 8,7 or even 10 MIO XP

This would be the right solution
" ME LONG WOOD PIECE WITH SHARP STONE AT PEAK.ME COME RIDE TO YOU ON BIG ANIMAL FAST."

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2011, 10:49:57 am »
I think this is the games greatest weakness.

Professional Gamedesigner will laugh at the fact, that you have to WAIT until Lv 20 to actually be able to do something in battle.

This game is totally horrible for beginner! Even the Heirloom thing is extremly bad for beginner, because many player have accumulated easily generation before patch, but if you start right now, you will have to play 200 hours to get 1 Masterpiece item.

Until 200 gametime is spent, MW items will not be worth anything because of the inflation which will be caused by high gen players who have actually gained some Heirloompoints "for free" and accumulate them faster(okay gen bonus got nerved to 3%, I know, but this also makes quite a difference if you have +30-60% more XP)

I see that CRPG improves, but until the game is not designed for beginners, the number of players will not increase as fast as it actually should.

@skip the fun

First of all I was really happy about this, but actually this is dumb shit.

It would be much better if there where no restriction and no money gain. If you start with Lv 30 you should only need the full XP to gain Lv 31.

without skip the fun: 1->31 takes 8,7 MIO XP
with skip the fun: 30->31 should take 8,7 or even 10 MIO XP

This would be the right solution

In some things you are just wrong.
1. With char recalculation the playtime a new char has to spend to get to lets say generation 10 is exactly the same playtime a
vet spend to get there. They are just playing longer but they dont proceed faster. IF you play as long as they did you will have
the same generation as they had at this time.

2. LvL1-20 are so easy to obtain that no developer would laugh about gameplay.
For example i am Generation 12 now. I retired yesterday. I also have to lvl up from 1-30 again like a new player.
Its ok. The real difference between me and the noob is that i spend a lot of time at the duellservers and so can be
effective earlier with less lvls.

3. A masterwork weapon will always have the same stats so it doesnt matter when you get it. In addition not every old player is gathering Heirlooms anymore. For example i am done with heirlooming.
I wont heirloom any more i will try to reach lvl33 or in a far future lvl34.
Until i get to lvl34 a newb can retire several times closing the heirloom gap. Until i get to lvl35 a noob probably could lvl to lvl34 too... and reaching lvl35 is something i dont even dream of.

=> the lvling system in CRPG is totally fine. The problem of new players is not that they are lowlvl or that other people got heirloom.
The problem of new players is that they are noobs. They suck at blocking, they suck at movement, they suck at battleawareness, they suck in timing.
You dont get better cause you have uberheirlooms you get better cause you trained not to suck at everything.

PS: When i was noob blocking was a mystery to me and if i blocked a swing it was mostly by accident.
After over a half year and lots of hours (which were really fun) at the duellserver i think i became a decent player.
There are new players i probalby would beat most of the time  with wooden sword and peasant gear while they get all of my equipment.
There are still some (very few *g*) other players which could do the same to me ;) (
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 11:00:34 am by Camaris »

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2011, 10:52:20 am »
Hey, I killed people at lvl 4, and I know plenty of other players that have done so. Already at lvl 13 (9str, 9agi) you can play against some of the players at least, or have a support role. The problem is only the first time you start to play, when you still don't know how things work, and you can't contribute. Anyway, to lvl 20 you usually get in several hours, it is not that long. 

@Camaris
+ 1 for the points about new players.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 10:54:10 am by Corwinus »
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2011, 12:40:12 pm »
+1 for Camaris

This mod has never been so noob friendly, before it was a real pain to achieve level 20 and to buy good equip.
Now anybody can have any armor or weapon fast, and a lvl30 build.

I remember when i was a peasant, been killed by uber tincan with armored horse, 2 or 3 big weapons and a sniper xbow (don't even talk of plated HA...).
What have done the dev is awesome for newplayers, we even have changelog now!!

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2011, 02:55:35 pm »
In addition to camaris points:
heirlooms are cool, but you don't have a real disadvantage without them. If your aim is to have fun with the game there is nothing forcing you to "fill the gap" to other players with ten loomed items. The slightly better stats of these items can be decisive in a few random situtions, but in general the usual things like personal fighting skills (blocking, timing, footwork, etc.), teamwork and general awareness are the crucial factors.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2011, 05:21:24 pm »
I suggest playing on siege to level a low character, as it gives you xp as well as fast respawns so you can practice the differences between this game and native. After you feel dangerous, then battle will be a good choice for the rest of your levels as well as gold.

At low levels, try practicing blocking when someone attacks you, and see how long you can hold out. Combat speed and weapons are different in this mod.

EDITED out as this is the third fourth time in four or so months I was wrong on a point, psh.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 11:27:37 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2011, 05:38:36 pm »
Anywho, I suggest playing on siege to level a low character, as it gives you xp as well as fast respawns so you can practice the differences between this game and native. After you feel dangerous, then battle will be a good choice for the rest of your levels as well as gold.
My feeling is that I get allways much more xp and gold in average on battle, but who knows for sure?

Also I think Siege is much harder for beginners because personal skill is more important. I'm not saying siege is not for teamplay but you can get much further with good awareness and clever positioning only on battle IMO. That said if you want to practice personal fighting skills siege is good of course.