Author Topic: Lancing Advice  (Read 1793 times)

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
Re: Lancing Advice
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2014, 08:42:16 pm »
+5
But I like the challenge of going 1v1 vs a couched great lance or another heavy lance, so I don't always play smart, and will usually take the challenge :D  Especially if I know that other player is a good heavy lancer, I am telling myself the whole time "this is not helping your team" and/or "This is a complete crap shoot" as I gleefully ride towards the enemy.  It was even worse when I was using a lance, my stubbornness/competitiveness would compel me to try and go head to head vs very good players who also had a heavy lance. 

This is the best and only way to play lancer cav. Ride head on and challenge all those other lance cavs, they don't deserve to be on the field. Only once all those posers are dead or unhorsed, are you are free to hunt down infantry like the inferior pedestrians they are. Of course a lot of lancer cav are cowards who will avoid a fair 1 on 1 noble charge duel that depends entirely on reflex and positioning, and instead opt to go straight for the spawn and kill all the poor unaware afkers or late joiners (cough GK cough). Even when dealing with infantry, of course go for the backstab if it presents itself while you are dealing with other cav, but don't get intimidated by cunt 2h holding their ridiculously overpowered stab. Sure they can kill your horse in 1 hit, but that's what makes stabbing/couching them in their stupid faces all that more satisfying. The only infantry that deserve no upfront challenge but should be backstabbed as soon and often as possible are ranged of any kind, for obvious reasons. Even then judicious wiggling, zigzagging and speed change (slowing down/speeding up unpredictably) can often fool those my old friends into wasting their shot and leaving themselves open for a face-on lancing.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2014, 08:47:50 pm »
Of course a lot of lancer cav are cowards who will avoid a fair 1 on 1 noble charge duel that depends entirely on reflex and positioning
The reflex and positioning is not half as important as having an Arabian and a Heavy Lance, which is a set up completely geared towards taking people head on. Obviously any cav that do not have either of those two are at a disadvantage that forms a bigger factor than skill differences and it simply means they have a brain if they avoid the head on charge duel. Basically ignore anything Oberyn has said unless you plan on also using an Arabian and Heavy Lance.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2014, 08:53:28 pm »
+2
Actually facing great lance nabs head-on is probably my favorite thing, regardless of their horse. And yeah, for me the primary reason for playing lance cav is the fun of facing off against other lance cav, not just backstabbing infantry with a mw elephant that allows me to fail over and over with barely any repercussion. Which is why even after getting dehorsed and picking up random horses off the battlefield will not change my gamestyle. I'll try and fuck you up even if I'm on a rouncey.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2014, 09:13:34 pm »
Any of you cav guys noticed anything since last patch to lancing with the supposedly optimized lance thrusts? I just used a Heavy Lance and instead of doing piss poor damage and glancing everytime I tried to actually use its reach, I killed lots of people. Honestly think they overbuffed lances, it's almost as stupidly easy to hit and deal damage as being 1h cav now.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2014, 09:18:31 pm »
Haven't tried it since the patch, but I should (cross my fingers) get a chance to do it tonight for a little bit.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2014, 09:23:07 pm »
+2
I was getting a lot of one hit kills on april 1st, but I think that was mostly cause of the unarmored mushy donkey heads.

Offline Dragut

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shaohao, Shinju
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2014, 04:17:29 pm »
+2
You can get 18/18 with a STF...you have to convert two skill points into attributes.  That's what you should be doing on your main character as well when you get to level 30 (because you most likely will retire as soon as you hit level 31). 

Also my religious quote in my signature is better than yours.   8-)

Oh okay, thanks.

My quote is from a looong time ago, didn't even notice it  :)    (but it's still better than yours, hah)
"On the first day, man created God."