Author Topic: "No Votes"-option when creating a forum topic  (Read 285 times)

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
"No Votes"-option when creating a forum topic
« on: March 24, 2014, 03:24:56 pm »
+3
Is it possible to implement a "No Votes" option when creating a topic, that simply allows the OPer to chose if he wants to allow voting on posts or not?

Im not all against this feature - it has its purpose and meaning - but i feel like there are cases where it should be possible to block it for a thread. E.g. in cases when the OPer has more interrest in the actual opinion of a poster towards the topic (regardless the fancyness and style), than a deformed opinion of someone who is biased by possible votings.
I dont see a real drawback on allowing voting to be optional, since there are enough forums which get along quite well without the feature.

Is there someone who feels the same way ?
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
Re: "No Votes"-option when creating a forum topic
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 03:30:53 pm »
+3
Those cases shouldn't be decided by the OP though.
If someone suggest to heavily nerf ranged classes, I want my right to downvote that idiot.  :P
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 03:35:29 pm »
+2
Your downvote doesn't mean anything though. Your post does and your reasons behind it, not your vote. You never will get the whole community to vote on something and most players don't even come here so most of the time its a pointless popularity contest.

Also you get people fishing for upvotes with random gifs/images and people trolling more for attention
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 03:46:11 pm »
Your downvote doesn't mean anything though. Your post does and your reasons behind it, not your vote. You never will get the whole community to vote on something and most players don't even come here so most of the time its a pointless popularity contest.

Also you get people fishing for upvotes with random gifs/images and people trolling more for attention
Sometimes I do have an opinion but the matter isn't import enough to me to make an actual post. So I downvote.
Or someone before me posted already a proper answer which I can then just upvote instead of simply repeating it.

It has its place and is mostly useful.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 03:51:30 pm »
I don't really agree because only a handful of people actually do downvote in posts, and those handful of people don't have more important opinions than others. Same goes for on an OP, its the same people who bother to downvote. A lot of people don't even downvote so its kind of meaningless
If you have ranged troubles use this: