Author Topic: Whistle range and Horse owner till death  (Read 1145 times)

Offline MacLeod_

• Baron
  • Renown: 131
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • There can be only one....Winner of each round.
    • View Profile
    • A Singleplayer Manual
  • Faction: The Highland Clan,KUTT
  • Game nicks: (Crpg)Sword_for_hire,MACLEOD_
Whistle range and Horse owner till death
« on: March 10, 2014, 01:18:44 am »
+5
Just started using this class and I noticed the flaw of the whistle range. I get off my horse,someone whistles from across the map and my horse runs too them.
(Trying out my own type of class I dismount to shoot.)

Thinking you could some how bind the horse to owner until death. Making it unresponsive to the whistle except to the horses master.
(This could also cause reports to happen when people attack your horse for no reason after dismount in a crowed. Making them think before attacking your horsey.)

What do you guys think? And please no troll responses on how cav is OP,this is a logistics idea.
Devilize vrs. MacLeod
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
Re: Whistle range and Horse owner till death
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 01:43:25 am »
No I'd be against binding it to the owner until the owner (or the horse's) death.

I would think a whistle range would be smart though. I can't whistle for shit but if someone whistles right next to me, I can hear them. They try whistling a football field's length away from me.. I'm not hearing them at all. So a range for the whistle might be good but not sure that's possible.

Offline MacLeod_

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • A Singleplayer Manual
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 04:29:09 am »
No I'd be against binding it to the owner until the owner (or the horse's) death.

I would think a whistle range would be smart though. I can't whistle for shit but if someone whistles right next to me, I can hear them. They try whistling a football field's length away from me.. I'm not hearing them at all. So a range for the whistle might be good but not sure that's possible.

I would be happy with the reduced whistle range as well. The only reason I had the other idea is because half the time I get off my horse for 5 seconds some asshole kills it for no reason. And it would be good to be able to report them for being buttheads.
Devilize vrs. MacLeod

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 04:32:18 am »
I would be happy with the reduced whistle range as well. The only reason I had the other idea is because half the time I get off my horse for 5 seconds some asshole kills it for no reason. And it would be good to be able to report them for being buttheads.

I can understand that. I always kill horses myself if I see one especially if there's a few people left on the other team and I know someone on their team has riding.

But yeah if that's happening that's just someone being an asshole. Should allow the horse to fight back and break his neck.

Offline Vengt037

• Count
  • Renown: 259
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE47rDVh3c0
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vengt_The_Horsethief, Glorefindel, Vanderkaum
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 05:09:46 am »
+2
Boo. Boo to to this. Boo to Wendy Testaburger. And boo to your proposals.

1. Calradian horses are fickle animals. Once the rider dismounts, they are returned to their blissful state of nature, and show no loyalty to former masters.   
2. Horses have a heightened sense of hearing which allows them to avoid predators. This is why they are able to detect the high-pitched frequency caused by QQF'ing from across the map.

BTW I have a proposal, horses at the edge of the map shouldn't automatically fade into oblivion. Once I saw a horse fade directly into a wall at the edge of the map. It is frustrating, especially for someone whose entire build is based upon freeing horses of their riders and riding them. Humans can't do this, why should horses?
"Vengt, you are like my favorite player in CRPG."
- BlackWhite

Offline MacLeod_

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • A Singleplayer Manual
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 04:20:55 pm »
+1
Boo. Boo to to this. Boo to Wendy Testaburger. And boo to your proposals.

1. Calradian horses are fickle animals. Once the rider dismounts, they are returned to their blissful state of nature, and show no loyalty to former masters.   
2. Horses have a heightened sense of hearing which allows them to avoid predators. This is why they are able to detect the high-pitched frequency caused by QQF'ing from across the map.

BTW I have a proposal, horses at the edge of the map shouldn't automatically fade into oblivion. Once I saw a horse fade directly into a wall at the edge of the map. It is frustrating, especially for someone whose entire build is based upon freeing horses of their riders and riding them. Humans can't do this, why should horses?

1. I am pretty sure you can make it have ownership. Almost positive I played a mod with it. I whistled and the one horse that I ride into battle with came back to me and not the entire map of horses.
2. Maybe.
Devilize vrs. MacLeod

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2014, 02:30:34 pm »
If I remember correctly, all horses are put on a third team, this way they can run over all players.  Not sure what effects that has on everything else.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2014, 09:51:13 am »
If I remember correctly, all horses are put on a third team, this way they can run over all players.  Not sure what effects that has on everything else.
Friendly bump is active on cRPG, I remind you.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2014, 05:36:35 pm »
1. This is the realism thread.  So think realistically.
Real horses are intelligent and respond to their master or those familiar to them more readily that strangers.  At the same time, domesticated/trained horses may respond to any human, depending on its disposition.  So in light of this, I think horses should respond to master whistles over stranger whistles if they are both whistling at the same time, or if the master is closer.

2. If you know how to whistle through your teeth, or with your fingers, it is fucking LOUD.  You can hear a whistle like this 100 yards/meters away easily if there isn't a ton of other noise around.

So, I would give horses preference to master whistles, but not exclusive to master whistles only.  Also, I would keep whistle range the same.