Author Topic: bad ai hiring?  (Read 1412 times)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Re: bad ai hiring?
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2014, 07:56:32 pm »
+1
I think it's fine the way it is.  Ghost rosters are pretty lame.

I would think people who have recently signed up means they know they can play.  Someone signing up a day in advance might have shit come up in their life and they might not be able to make it to the battle.  I would think the current system would promote ghost rosters much more than an updated algorithm.

I typically don't know more than 30 minutes in advance if I have a chance to play crpg (or possibly get into a strat battle).  It should have some other check besides at the hour mark, and has to be more than an hour before the battle is set to start.  It is terrible programming logic and/or human logic.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2014, 08:13:56 pm »
I would think people who have recently signed up means they know they can play.  Someone signing up a day in advance might have shit come up in their life and they might not be able to make it to the battle.  I would think the current system would promote ghost rosters much more than an updated algorithm.

I typically don't know more than 30 minutes in advance if I have a chance to play crpg (or possibly get into a strat battle).  It should have some other check besides at the hour mark, and has to be more than an hour before the battle is set to start.  It is terrible programming logic and/or human logic.

You can always apply in advance and then unsign yourself if you find out you can't make it, or just ignore you're terrible reliability rating that no one cares about.

Basically I'm a fan if anything that improves the chances for attackers, because they are the ones who get the short end of the stick.  Night time settings are awful.  The battle essentially ending when the timer runs out in attackers is terrible too.  Why would you want to give defenders another advantage that they don't deserve?  Remember, battles should be encouraged I Strat, and AI ghost rosters are going to make people think twice about attacking.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2014, 09:09:23 pm »
+3
I do not sign up a day before to potentially waste a roster spot. generally know if I can do a battle hour or less before. Family, life, etc get in the way from long term sign up. Sure I can just sign in the hippie I can do it. 30 minutes prior I can not go or retract. All I did was take a spot away from someone else. It is not asking much to get one final update 10 mins before a fight from the ai
Leader of BS

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2014, 10:34:20 pm »
I do not sign up a day before to potentially waste a roster spot. generally know if I can do a battle hour or less before. Family, life, etc get in the way from long term sign up. Sure I can just sign in the hippie I can do it. 30 minutes prior I can not go or retract. All I did was take a spot away from someone else. It is not asking much to get one final update 10 mins before a fight from the ai

There is no wasting roster spots, at least it has never been an issue yet.  The AI, which is what we are talking about here, gets 100 roster spots to compensate for the number of no-shows.  You are making up an imaginary problem because you can't plan your life an hour and change in advance.  In any case, good luck getting it changed, chadz hates things that can be abused, and that would be one of them.

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2014, 11:05:23 pm »
+4
get married and have some kids and a real job murder.. then let me know how signing up for fights a day in advance factors in
Leader of BS

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2014, 04:53:46 am »
get married and have some kids and a real job murder.. then let me know how signing up for fights a day in advance factors in

Why are you spending so much time arguing over a video game on the internet when you should be taking care of your wife and kids?  I do most of my posting while shitting at work.

Offline arowaine

• Duke
  • Renown: 614
  • Infamy: 159
    • View Profile
    • http://occitanclan.webs.com/
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_Arowaine
  • IRC nick: arowaine
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2014, 05:11:28 am »
was not asking for 10 mins.. But if someone signs up in the last hour before a fight to a roster that needs help the ai should hire maybe 5-10 mins before the fight starts. I signed up 45 mins before should have been hired.

just hire yourself rigth after the battle pup on the list then if you cant make it remove yourself or stay in it since ai dont have number restriction anymore :)
Desire: pls smite FCC 2.0 T.T

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2014, 05:53:55 am »
Kesh, your minus votes are like candy to me.

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2014, 01:24:37 pm »
+2
just hire yourself rigth after the battle pup on the list then if you cant make it remove yourself or stay in it since ai dont have number restriction anymore :)

i understand the concept it still should not be a big deal for the AI to hire one last time before a fight. To collect up the people that are online at the time of the fight to be able to be hired... In a few weeks no more ai should remain and this becomes a non issue till next strat
Leader of BS

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2014, 01:30:40 pm »
+1
In a few weeks no more ai should remain and this becomes a non issue till next strat

Yep, and until then undeserved AI fiefs gain will be partially supported by roster mechanics.