Author Topic: About Horse Archers  (Read 5832 times)

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
Re: About Horse Archers
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2014, 08:03:51 am »
+2
Horse archers invaded eu1 before xmas and the result of that was 20 ppl on primetime.
We could argue if HA was the most significant reason :P. Also it's pretty easy to pew any kind of horsemen as a ground-ranged unit, so blame your ranged for not pewing HAs, or blame yourself if you didn't give your ranged enough protection from infantry/cav and they had to take care about themselves and therefore couldn't devote to shooting@HAs.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Skyrim UI

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2014, 08:16:57 am »
Points from horses got cut by half since the recent patch. Is it the same for human targets?

Will check, I only focused on cav points since that is my main concern, will test out later today on medium/light targets
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline bavvoz

• Earl
  • Renown: 323
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Bavvo
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2014, 08:39:13 am »
We could argue if HA was the most significant reason :P. Also it's pretty easy to pew any kind of horsemen as a ground-ranged unit, so blame your ranged for not pewing HAs, or blame yourself if you didn't give your ranged enough protection from infantry/cav and they had to take care about themselves and therefore couldn't devote to shooting@HAs.

Touche! Ofc ur right in a way. I have no proof that was the main reason. But numbers dropped and raised again in line with the number of horse ranged. And alot of ppl said they refused to set foot on eu1 coz of ranged cav.

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2014, 10:41:29 am »

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2014, 11:06:17 am »
+2
Touche! Ofc ur right in a way. I have no proof that was the main reason. But numbers dropped and raised again in line with the number of horse ranged. And alot of ppl said they refused to set foot on eu1 coz of ranged cav.

(click to show/hide)

I was about to quit anyay, so I went suicidal-reporter to the open just to take this screenie.

With 1920x1080 on my screen and after a thorough examination I counted 10 obvious horse-ranged and 2 more that look like horse ranged guys but I'm not sure if they are. Those 2 guys that were the closest to me in this picture kept pew-pewing me while I was leaving.

Such horse-ranged combo happens very rarely but when it does, it's gay++...

It was on the 12th of January.

I know that the amount of ranged cav was insane, but that's because ranged can help each other better than infantry and what is more, if they are aware riders, horses make them invulnerable to anything but to other ranged and flags  :? What I'm trying to say is already known and nerfing unit's possibilities doesn't necessarily hit the spot, which is the effectiveness of a group of horse-ranged. Same with melee-cavs. When there is too many of them around, most players just lose their awarness and get backstabbed. When it comes to melee-cav unit it looks like this: if you are aware of an enemy horseman, he's just a riding group of juicy points but when you aren't aware of him he's a deadly guy.

Also people whine about ranged all years, always... I am among them  :mrgreen:

Skyrim UI

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2014, 11:36:16 am »
+1
range, both cav and inf, is a nessesary evil in battle :C

but as someone said before (BK?) the melee gameplay is the unique part in this game and personally i think every single ranged class spoils the gameplay.

my first about 6 months crpg was as an archer. then i respec melee havent changed since despite the amount of range. melee gameplay simply too great comparred to range.

range you need to open your eyes and realize! :)

Offline BattalGazi

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player
  • Count the feathers on my Deli Cap!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans (GK)
  • Game nicks: GK_BattalGazi
  • IRC nick: BattalGazi
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2014, 12:02:28 pm »
+3
Here is another perspective. I hear about all the infantry here whining how annoying HAs and cavs are on the open field maps. Have you seen any HA whining how terrible city/village maps are?

As an infantry, you can demonstrate your skills on any type of map, but HA's and most cav can only play on open field maps. Especially for dedicated HAs like myself, where being dismounted is hell, we just wait for a good cav map to come and actually enjoy the game. Have you seen us whining anywhere on the forums: "infantry is so op in city maps, make the streets larger so we can ride" or "infantry is catching us while we are dismounted, that is so gay, nerf their speed" Your arguments for HA on open fields are as invalid as these, and asking for nerf just because of that makes it even more unsporty (if ever this word exists). You are just being spoiled and disrespectful when you want to have it all only for yourselves. This game has multiple classes, and opportunities for all.

By the way, for those who believe HAs are gay and coward and immortal, how do you think we get killed on maps? Because with respect to your arguments, we are just running wild, away from any type of danger, shooting at any object with no possible counter mechanism. I would be very happy if you share that tip with me as I haven't found it since I started playing as HA.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2014, 06:16:46 pm »
Checked, as far as I can see I deal less damage to infantry too, but significantly less to armored horses, basically you are pusing me to hunt low armored infantry and cav, not sure the playerbase will appreciate that
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline PsychoTwins

• Earl
  • Renown: 453
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: FarmerBob, NinjaBob, 20PingIsHardBob, StrIsHardBob, HaxorBob
« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2014, 06:49:50 pm »
Well that basically means that higher tier armor actually helps now against ranged, which im sure the playerbase will the happy about.
Here, dear crpg folk, we have an honest man who doesn't conceal the truth out of the fear of getting nerfed. He surely deserves a round of heartfelt applause.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2014, 07:04:53 pm »
A Knight is finally a Knight!

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2014, 02:34:06 pm »
Well that basically means that higher tier armor actually helps now against ranged, which im sure the playerbase will the happy about.

Not many players can run around with 120+ HP and have decent armour so I don't know if its just an issue of buffed armour (which is quite insignificant as a foot soldier since you don't have the speed of a horse..medium armour is still better)

If heavy horses are too tanky then the solution is to tweak their stats a bit, which will actually help to counter these obnoxious HA's since riding around on a tank while shooting players has been an issue for a while.

I'd make the heavier horses cheaper but reduce the tankiness while possibly increasing other stats
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 02:37:22 pm by Grumbs »
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 25, 2014, 03:03:46 pm »
Arbalest still takes a third or even 50% of my Champion Eastern Warhorse depending on the area of the hit, Longbow and Bodkins also hurt as hell, so horses aren't too tanky, nice try though

Offline buba

• Count
  • Renown: 193
  • Infamy: 33
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Buba_theVagabond
« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2014, 05:20:23 pm »
And that's actually a good thing to mention, people seem to keep missing the point that as  HA, your a big ass target any decent ranged can hit and dmg a lot from a big distance.

Honestly, our counter is other ranged. Im too afraid to even attack one ground bowmen. Because one good hit on the head of my horse means bye bye horse, and on ground im shit...

Oh btw, if you get 5 or so HA together will do well.
Just like if you get 5 or so ranged working together, or 5 or so melee.

So?

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2014, 06:20:06 pm »
+2
if you get 5 or so HA together will do well.
Just like if you get 5 or so ranged working together, or 5 or so melee.

So?

Well, 5 infantry has a hard time countering 5 ranged, and an impossible job against 5 HA.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline buba

• Count
  • Renown: 193
  • Infamy: 33
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Buba_theVagabond
« Reply #74 on: February 26, 2014, 03:01:38 pm »
Well, 5 infantry has a hard time countering 5 ranged, and an impossible job against 5 HA.

Thats a good point, then again 5 HA cant counter 5 archers, nor 5 melee in a city map. hmm,