Author Topic: Still worth to buy??  (Read 9027 times)

Offline pingpong

• Earl
  • Renown: 423
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Still worth to buy??
« on: December 08, 2013, 09:08:08 am »
+2
Ok since im not really interested in crpg anymore i thought id give this a go, are there many players still playing this game? i remember servers with 200 players on from the mod days , is that still happening, or is this game dying?

Also is it possible to enjoy this game as a casual "pubtrash", since i cant invest time  & effort to be in some nerdy regiment run by 15year olds, are there any public line battle events? Those were fucking awesome.. :P

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
Re: Still worth to buy??
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 10:45:20 am »
+3
well people there somehow learned how to play or it has been infested with native my old friends who just do melee ,i remember this mod being fun when people actualy used to shoot and could not fight in melee.
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline krampe

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 4
  • Count Palatine of the Rhine
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pony
  • Game nicks: krampe and the moons
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 03:24:52 am »
+1
Havent played it for a long time, but i did some awesome organized matches by some of my clan mates.
Moving in formation, line up in front of the enemy who did the same and keep shooting until the command to CHARGE!

Well but how it is now, no idea ;)
Sacrum Romanum Imperium

Yeah, well you know, that's just like, your opinion, man.

Offline Matim

• Knight
  • Renown: 25
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • My rouncey feeds on human flesh
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nilfgaard
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 04:15:21 pm »
+1
It sucks.
Wait for BCoF, or any other game, but NW in not worth buing

Offline Knute

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 682
  • Infamy: 21
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2013, 03:39:45 am »
+2
I'd say buy it.  It's a much better game for casual playing compared to cRPG since everyone is even stat wise in NW.

There's less people playing than when it first came out but still quite a few on evenings and weekends.  I'm a below average cRPG player but can top the scoreboards consistently in this game.

I actually prefer the regular battle and siege servers over lines battles too.  Every time I've done a line battle it seems like there's someone in the TS who sounds like they have their mouth full of food yelling out contradictory orders and then they complain about "pubbies".  The commander battles where players control their own squads of bots are actually better line battles in my opinion.

Offline pingpong

• Earl
  • Renown: 423
  • Infamy: 220
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2013, 06:23:42 am »
+1
Yes played a few hours as a musician/arty its good fun, theres a lot more trolls& griefers though  :|, and wheres the battle server? never saw it in the list, only siege and commander servers had more than 50 players, is there a official battle server for EU?

Offline Aksei

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2013, 11:50:49 pm »
+1
im here because battle server dead. Ofc there are always about 20 on, but the Maps (same rotation like the first day) are fu.... big and its quiet boring. There is a siege server that is fun sometimes, but when players above 100 it turns into a massive lag for me^^
Some servers for better players only play close combat without shooting .... you could still join a regiment. There are hundrets of small regiments, dont care about activity

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2013, 10:50:50 pm »
+1
Yes played a few hours as a musician/arty its good fun, theres a lot more trolls& griefers though  :|, and wheres the battle server? never saw it in the list, only siege and commander servers had more than 50 players, is there a official battle server for EU?

There are battle servers but few ppl.

Biggest and most populated and fun servers imo is the Siege one that's always populated with 100-150+ players on average and of course the badass Pirates Battle server with ships/boats fighting and pirate class
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Franke

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Franke_HRE and Frankes_STF_HRE
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2013, 11:37:45 pm »
+1
It sucks.

What is BCoF?
Quote from: Tindel
In teamspeak i like to hear all of your opinions on; beer and alcohol, chocolate chip cookies, social problems and their solutions, massmurderers, why ranged should burn in hell, hating on new maps, hating on old maps.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Matim

• Knight
  • Renown: 25
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • My rouncey feeds on human flesh
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nilfgaard
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2014, 05:39:51 pm »
+1
battle cry of freedom, next FSE game - >1000 players on the serv, or so the devs say...
Gonna be there NW mod, ofc

Offline Crazyi

• Baron
  • Renown: 82
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Crazyi_KUTT, Crazyeye_KUTT, CrayCray
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2014, 08:35:47 pm »
+1
NW is lots of fun for casual playing, and I certainly recommend it. It has about the same pop as NA cRPG or more.

Offline Fredom

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
  • Coming from a life of crime.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Fredom ; FredomNumbaNine
  • IRC nick: Steam name: Fredom[NumbaNine]
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2014, 07:54:15 pm »
+1
It sucks.
That's definetely wrong... If he likes the time it plays in and it's on sale for around 5 euros, it just will make him happy for a couple of hours... And dude, if you join a Regiment it can be funny for many hours. I personally liked it very much and invested many hours in it and in my opinion it is definetely worth buying it.
Fredom, are you British? -> You got an American accent!- Merc_Sjarken

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2014, 01:47:54 am »
+2
Big no for me. Why ?

- Low maturity
- Low skill level
- Loads of glitches, shit hitboxes,  etc...
- Shit gameplay (I mean, the accuracy of guns bro, totally wrong about the fact a blind monkey could shoot better than a line infantry, I would never expect them to be like snipers, but at least to have a decent accuracy + the fact you die in 1 melee hit like 75% of the time )
- Poor graphics
- Bad animations ( look at the "overhead" of muskets)
- No SP mod -> better free mods can be found on TW forums.

I would like to ask  anyone that did buy it how can he think this game is even worth paying 5 euros. Still too expensive for me, since I just did play it like 5 times on my brother's computer, and it was only to troll everyone by taking a half naked unit and still killing them all in 1vs3.

Offline Fredom

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
  • Coming from a life of crime.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Fredom ; FredomNumbaNine
  • IRC nick: Steam name: Fredom[NumbaNine]
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2014, 09:55:39 am »
+1
That's right, Algarn. I easily get 30:0 scores there just by taking my musket and killing all in 5vs mw. Many players there are really not skilled...
Fredom, are you British? -> You got an American accent!- Merc_Sjarken

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2014, 02:59:48 pm »
+1
M&M was great when you joined a regiment. Shortly after M&M and in the beginning of the NW release, it was also okay. You should have been in a regiment of course. Public play got boring very quickly.
When being in a regiment, we always had 2 trainings a week + 1 big linebattle on Sunday + 1-3 private line battles versus another clan. In M&M our clan had like 30-40 active players each training. In the beginning of NW our trainings were the same but we slowly got new members quite quickly. For weeks we had trainings with 90-110 members so we had private line battles within our own clan that were like 50 vs 50. ;)

just one example how crowded it was (31.05.2012) in one training:
(click to show/hide)

Anyway, I prefered M&M times though. Of course especially cannons got nicely improved in NW. Good times with the 51st.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me