Poll

Will Putin command further invasion of Ukraine:

He will and he should, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will, but he should not, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will not, because <random witty/boring reason>
Who is mister Putin?

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine  (Read 485491 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine
« Reply #3255 on: April 27, 2014, 11:51:54 pm »
You don't seem familiar with what a measurement is. The result of an IQ test is not your IQ, it's a measurement of you IQ.
Yes, just like the result of measuring your height is not your height, it's the measurement of your height.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3256 on: April 28, 2014, 12:23:55 am »
You don't seem familiar with what a measurement is. The result of an IQ test is not your IQ,

It is. "An intelligence quotient is a score derived from one of several standardized tests designed to assess intelligence". But IQ isn't the same as inteligence.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3257 on: April 28, 2014, 01:18:53 am »
Yes, just like the result of measuring your height is not your height, it's the measurement of your height.

Which doesn't mean IQ can be measured as easily as height.

It is. "An intelligence quotient is a score derived from one of several standardized tests designed to assess intelligence". But IQ isn't the same as inteligence.

If you pass several IQ tests you are supposed to get the same results, but you won't because those tests don't tell the whole story and are based on different tasks, even though they are tuned to give the same results. You can consider people have several IQ scores based on each test but then the idea of IQ loses much of its point. Of course the existence of a "real IQ" is merely an illusion too, but that doesn't change the fact that it's supposed to measure something that doesn't change with time.

Offline _schizo321437

• Yes Man
  • Duke
  • Renown: 549
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ugly ▽Δ bad ▽Δ vain ▽Δ old ▽Δ ... lazy
  • Game nicks: ugly ▽Δ bad ▽Δ vain ▽Δ old ▽Δ .. lazy
  • IRC nick: ugly ▽Δ bad ▽Δ vain ▽Δ old ▽Δ . lazy
« Reply #3258 on: April 28, 2014, 01:20:35 am »
+5
IQ is too low to be measured...

銃を積んだすがだ

Bugün foto

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #3259 on: April 28, 2014, 02:33:13 am »
+2
Call me conspiracy nut-case all you want, but I have strong faith that your current goverment is puppet controlled by USA. That is perfect explanation why they are doing nothing. USA will let Russia cross the line (we don't know what that means) and then USA will attack. That is exactly what Kerry is saying every time he opens his mouth. And unlike some Russians in here who think their country is invincible, I don't believe in that. USA just wants good enough excuse to finally deal with Russia the way they want, without anyone interfering or raising an eye. It's not like it hasn't happened before. Two planes controlled by terrorists crash two buildings full of people, USA decides to rape a whole country for years. Like they like to say it, one american citizen is worth million citizens of other countries.

It's not a conspiracy, it's obvious that current government listens to USA in the same measure as Yanukovych listened to Russia. But I doubt it's USA's plan going on now, USA is not ready in any way to start a conflict with Russia. If they wanted to start it - they would start in 2008 when Russia was much weaker and annexed some lands from Georgia.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3261 on: April 28, 2014, 06:29:56 am »

Well, Putin is more annoying than Hussein was. I mean, I feel sorry for the Kuweiti and Kurds, but Russia's neighbours are easier to relate to. Not talking about Afghanistan which was a shithole anyway.

Im sorry but no, Afghanistan wasn't too bad before the soviet invasion tbh... These days it really is a third world shithole controlled by muslim extremists, but it wasn't prior to the 60's and the religious nutcases being GIVEN the country by the USSR's complete innability to wage a guerilla war.
I don't know enough

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: April 28, 2014, 07:49:13 am »
+1
Call me conspiracy nut-case all you want, but I have strong faith that your current goverment is puppet controlled by USA. That is perfect explanation why they are doing nothing. USA will let Russia cross the line (we don't know what that means) and then USA will attack. That is exactly what Kerry is saying every time he opens his mouth. And unlike some Russians in here who think their country is invincible, I don't believe in that. USA just wants good enough excuse to finally deal with Russia the way they want, without anyone interfering or raising an eye. It's not like it hasn't happened before. Two planes controlled by terrorists crash two buildings full of people, USA decides to rape a whole country for years. Like they like to say it, one american citizen is worth million citizens of other countries.

Haha wow, reading a random page of this thread to see current attitudes of our lovely EU posters, and a not zero amount of people think that USA is intentionally trying to start a nuclear war. 

Just the basic point of view here is funny. Ukraine's government would need USA/NATO support to fight Russia in any serious way. If USA sends troops (or ICBM's, according to Leshma I guess) they are bloodthirsty warmonger puppeteers. If USA instead tries to use diplomacy, sanctions, international organizations to pressure Russia and humanitarian aid to Ukraine to support their independence while avoiding death in a hot military conflict.. they are still bloodthirsty warmonger puppeteers. Not that NATO/USA is going to really go in swinging over this anyways.. everyone has fucking nukes (except Ukraine, lol oWned)

In fact, the idea of spinning any of this to be centrally about USA is really out there. USA is a Bad Actor on the international stage, but this has almost nothing fucking to do with America. Blaming USA for Russia annexing and destabilizing neighboring countries? That's some RT level brainwashing. Replace USA with "THe JewS" and it makes just as much sense, and much more believable.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 09:12:28 am by Vovka »

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #3264 on: April 28, 2014, 09:05:22 am »
Haha wow, reading a random page of this thread to see current attitudes of our lovely EU posters, and a not zero amount of people think that USA is intentionally trying to start a nuclear war. 

Just the basic point of view here is funny. Ukraine's government would need USA/NATO support to fight Russia in any serious way. If USA sends troops (or ICBM's, according to Leshma I guess) they are bloodthirsty warmonger puppeteers. If USA instead tries to use diplomacy, sanctions, international organizations to pressure Russia and humanitarian aid to Ukraine to support their independence while avoiding death in a hot military conflict.. they are still bloodthirsty warmonger puppeteers. Not that NATO/USA is going to really go in swinging over this anyways.. everyone has fucking nukes (except Ukraine, lol oWned)

In fact, the idea of spinning any of this to be centrally about USA is really out there. USA is a Bad Actor on the international stage, but this has almost nothing fucking to do with America. Blaming USA for Russia annexing and destabilizing neighboring countries? That's some RT level brainwashing. Replace USA with "THe JewS" and it makes just as much sense, and much more believable.

bolded makes my skin crawl, seen way too many wars started like this.

I think Siria situation showed USA can't pressure Russia into anything any more, but other way around, things have changed quite a bit on the international stage, mind you I don't find that positive, merely stating my opinion.

And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Kuujis

• Count
  • Renown: 298
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Midreek_HRE
« Reply #3265 on: April 28, 2014, 09:13:39 am »
+1
BP and Shell exposed as US prepares first warning shot against Russia's oil and gas industry
Quality read actually... Explained how this whole "banks wont do business with you" actually CAN and probably WILL hurt russias oil sector. The shitty part is - need to save some cash for optional heating system, besides gas...  :?

bolded makes my skin crawl, seen way too many wars started like this.

I think Siria situation showed USA can't pressure Russia into anything any more, but other way around, things have changed quite a bit on the international stage, mind you I don't find that positive, merely stating my opinion.
I think you are only partially right here. Syria is a fucked up scenario: dictator fighting extremists basically. Supporting one or another is terribad in any case. While in Ukraine - US and EU would be supporting a fledgling democratic movement, which is trying to get rid of influence by the good old bad russia with a dictator at its head. I think its a bit different, even if russia would like it to be viewed in the same light.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 09:18:31 am by Kuujis »

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: April 28, 2014, 09:18:35 am »
+1
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/04/22/germany-helped-prep-russia-for-war-u-s-sources-say.html

so now u can blame chocolate chip cookie from germany  :P

the information itself is pretty old and a bit strange, too.

right after the polite people have shown up in crimea rheinmetall has reported that they have a contract to build a training centre and that they are willing to fulfil it.
and then a week later it was banned by the government.

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #3267 on: April 28, 2014, 09:35:51 am »
+1
the information itself is pretty old and a bit strange, too.
right after the polite people have shown up in crimea rheinmetall has reported that they have a contract to build a training centre and that they are willing to fulfil it.
and then a week later it was banned by the government.
  it reminded me a note about how Russian received academic award, while he lives in America, his father is Jewish and his mother was Georgian  :P

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #3268 on: April 28, 2014, 10:25:58 am »
+2

I think you are only partially right here. Syria is a fucked up scenario: dictator fighting extremists basically. Supporting one or another is terribad in any case. While in Ukraine - US and EU would be supporting a fledgling democratic movement, which is trying to get rid of influence by the good old bad russia with a dictator at its head. I think its a bit different, even if russia would like it to be viewed in the same light.

wasn't talking about the situation inside the country but the recent intervention US and it's allies had planned to "bring democracy" only to be vetoed by Russia. ofc China vetoed every possible solution by western goverments too but Russia also flexed some muscile. 10/15 years ago think the outcome would have been different, we would have another Iraq on our hands. Funny how everybody stopped talking about Syria yet a massive humanitarian crysis is going on as we speak there, but I guess Ukraine and one missing plane are top news now.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2679
  • Infamy: 1836
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #3269 on: April 28, 2014, 12:18:09 pm »
+1
If USA instead tries to use diplomacy, sanctions, international organizations to pressure Russia and humanitarian aid to Ukraine to support their independence while avoiding death in a hot military conflict..

That is perfectly fine, but I don't see USA stopping there. It's too good opportunity to pass on it. I also don't believe in large conflict anymore (known as WWII). USA will find some other way to enslave Russia. They are a perfect candidate for you guys to leech on next couple of decades.