Poll

Will Putin command further invasion of Ukraine:

He will and he should, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will, but he should not, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will not, because <random witty/boring reason>
Who is mister Putin?

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine  (Read 485507 times)

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine
« Reply #3210 on: April 27, 2014, 12:34:32 am »
I dont think they have interest into provoking Russia, only Russia does atm, because Ukraine isnt yet NATO member officially so if they are using false flag operation to justify a NATO intervention it will look bad even if they have all the needed morale justification.

At least no interest on the short-term, even though making sure Ukraine hates Russia is a way to make sure they join NATO forever and act as buffer.

But if Putin never directly intervene or occassionally and locally, the Ukrainians deaths by Ukrainians soldiers will be mostly a big hit for internal public order for at least a generation...

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
« Reply #3211 on: April 27, 2014, 12:50:21 am »
Russia wants federalism in Ukraine, not annexion. But they can reach this goal by pacific protests. The only way to avoid this could be a civil war.
Beyond that, the goal is to isolate Putin in the international relationships. And then to destabilize Russia by encouraging riots and opposition.

War is not really an option...just an accident.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #3212 on: April 27, 2014, 01:03:06 am »
But.. how you can know the difference between "giving minuses to posts just to give minuses" and giving them cause you don't like a post?  :?

I might be using those magical 233 IQ to analyse it. And I don't know the difference because some people don't like the post because it's made by me and that's it. I think your time in Zlisch's clan influenced you somehow. If I was insane about my numbers in reputation I would not speak on forums like I do and wouldn't say what I say. When you have your honest opinion then you always have people who get offended, become your haters and so on. But it's just me. Or do you really think that I posted that to make haters stop minusing my posts? That's the last thing that is going to work in this world. That's like trying to get the bull away from you waving a red tissue.

Yup, I'm roleplaying girl cause I borrowed a nickname from my favourite book's character and have girl as an avatar. If I didn't know better I'd say your IQ is 233 not only 133.
Yet you still picked to roleplay girls or does Witcher only have female characters? Nice excuse. I don't blame you, I just find it weird.

Dave, there are few people on this forum who care about minuses more than you. Also, do this test, I wanna see how someone with an IQ of 133 does.

http://www.iqout.com

cba. IIRC I passed this test years ago and what I remember that I had much higher result than on my average because of that scale. Also it's not that difficult as it might look, most of tasks are extremely easy, you just need to see numbers and that's it. I've never had problems with these IQ tests because I always liked that kind of tasks and I even asked my parents to pay for additional logical courses while being a child (from 6 to 9 y.o.). After some certain rampage on them I managed to get extremely ridiculous genius numbers like over 160 but that happened only because I've basically passed most of known tasks in IQ tests and it took much less effort to recognise the answer.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3213 on: April 27, 2014, 01:07:23 am »
Hundreds of Greystone mercenaries (ex-Blackwater/Academi) are actually at Odessa.
Blackwater is still known as Academi, not Greystone...
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: April 27, 2014, 01:08:57 am »
Russia wants federalism in Ukraine, not annexion. But they can reach this goal by pacific protests. The only way to avoid this could be a civil war.

They can't. Just look into numbers and tell me how many people in Ukraine want federalisation even in the pro-Russian regions it's not even a majority.
The only reason why Russia wants federations inside Ukraine is to annex more lands in a more "legal" way. I don't know how can't some certain people see these obvious things. I'm not really interested in your opinion but I can't really believe you're that stupid because it's too long to be trolling or a joke. :rolleyes:

Hundreds of Greystone mercenaries (ex-Blackwater/Academi) are actually at Odessa.

Oh seriously. How come that I live there and don't know it? And you live thousands of kilometres away from me and you know it.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3215 on: April 27, 2014, 01:26:20 am »
+1
I think your time in Zlisch's clan influenced you somehow.

Um, I wasn't in his clan?

Or do you really think that I posted that to make haters stop minusing my posts?

Yeah, I think that when you, as you said it, "asked Andswaru to ask his members to stop giving you random minuses to your posts" you wanted them to stop minusing your posts. Weird, isn't it? But if u really don't care aboute minuses then why do u check who downvoted your posts and make posts about it?

Yet you still picked to roleplay girls or does Witcher only have female characters? Nice excuse. I don't blame you, I just find it weird.

To be honest I have no idea what do you mean by roleplaying girls, playing with female chars and having female name? That's what you call "roleplaying girls"? Hm...  :? Are u a member of Mensa?

PS. I'm a girl IRL.

PS2.
I even asked my parents to pay for additional logical courses while being a child (from 6 to 9 y.o.).

6 years old Dave comes to his dad: "Daddy, pls pls pls! pay for additional logical courses for me!"  :wink:
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 01:31:03 am by Falka »

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #3216 on: April 27, 2014, 03:17:45 am »
+4
PS. I'm a girl IRL.
photo!

Offline Porthos

• Marshall
  • Renown: 779
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • The February Patch Survivor
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hello Kitty Clan (aka 'Clan For Fun')
  • Game nicks: Porthos_Woodstock, InvasionOfGiganticLANDCRABS, Random_Nobody, cRPG_Addict and many more
« Reply #3217 on: April 27, 2014, 05:16:35 am »
Life is successful when you've got a Zlisch-a-like hater who minuses all your single posts and you don't even know who the guy is. Who is this Porthos? Just curious. The guy seems to never post here useful, just reads.
Chill, dude, I'm downvoting (aswell as upvoting) not only your posts, so you're not special :rolleyes::
(click to show/hide)
I do not post here anything 'useful', cos I am not a politologist, or a political analyst and I don't pretend to seem like the smartest guy. I don't get the news from here, and, of course, not generate them either. I read this topic just to understand how people see the situation from their point of view and ofc to watch some daily forum drama. Anyways this topic is now more about some IQ e-peen contest or some rubbish like your whining, so I don't know what useful I could contribute in this matter.
Ah, and I'm downvoting your posts simply because I just don't find them to be any intelligent nor interesting to read. Most part of your posts is basically trying to randomly insult someone, who disagree with you, or typical anti-Putin mantras. Such kind of biased attitude (if Putin says 2+2=4, so it's =5, or even if it is =4, anyways, Putin, obviously, just trying to indoctrinate us somehow... etc) and scornful attitude towards your opponents, that's why I mostly dislike you (not real you, but your forum incarnation) and your posts. Anyways, I'm surprised that it gives you moral discomfort. If so, just ignore it, I don't know you at all, and have nothing against you personally. Probably, you're a cool guy irl, who just taking some (political or personal) shit too serious. Cheers and big hug, mate :wink:
<=== thanks to Tiny_Glancer <3 (never click on that image)
I'm not sure if ships are ingame
You Can't Kill Me

Offline Olwen

• Earl
  • Renown: 419
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • A shadow among others
    • View Profile
« Reply #3218 on: April 27, 2014, 06:13:31 am »

Jews, illuminatis and freemasons conspiration !

Btw, everyone knows there's only 1 way to unite europe and avoid internal fights ...
(click to show/hide)

PS:
PS. I'm a girl IRL.

tits or gtfo

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #3219 on: April 27, 2014, 09:13:06 am »
Back to topic:

What about those OSCE dudes being held captives?
Any news on that one?

(click to show/hide)
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
« Reply #3221 on: April 27, 2014, 09:17:57 am »
Blackwater is still known as Academi, not Greystone...
Greystone is a subsidiary of Academi. They are around 300 in Ukraine.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 09:24:13 am by Tovi »

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #3222 on: April 27, 2014, 09:37:35 am »
+2
Yolostrovsky <3

‘I Had It Pretty Easy, Because I Was Let Go’: Simon Ostrovsky On His Detention in Sloviansk

By Simon Ostrovsky
April 25, 2014 | 12:00 pm

On Thursday, armed gunmen who held me prisoner for three nights and three days released me into the streets of Sloviansk, in eastern Ukraine. My release was as unexplained as my capture.

On Monday night I was pulled out of a car at a checkpoint, then blindfolded, beaten, and tied up with tape. After spending hours alone on the floor of a damp cell with my hands tied behind my back and a hat pulled over my eyes, I was led into a room where I was accused of working for the CIA, FBI, and Right Sector, the Ukrainian ultra-nationalist group.

When I refused to give the password to my laptop, I was smacked in the arm with a truncheon. When I was asleep on the floor, masked men came to wake me up and tell me how no one would miss me if I died, and then kicked me in the ribs as they left.

But as it turns out, I had it pretty easy, because I was let go.

In the nights that I was held captive, a dozen other nameless detainees were ferried in and out of the cellar of the Ukraine state security (SBU) building by the pro-Russia militants who had taken it over. Some were journalists, some were drunks, and others were Ukrainian activists stupid or brave enough to visit what’s become a stronghold for Russian nationalists within Ukraine.

I only got to know a few of them. Most had been in that cellar far longer than I had. They had been there for up to two weeks, and are most likely still there now.

Their names are Artyom Deyneha, a local computer programmer who was caught setting up a webcam opposite the building where we were being held; Serhiy Lefter, a freelance journalist who was abducted on the main square in Sloviansk in broad daylight; Vadim Sukhonos, a deputy in the Sloviansk city council; and Vitaly Kovalchuk, a former member of the Euromaidan self-defense corps, who by his own admission came to Sloviansk with a group of Right Sector radicals who tried and failed to capture guns from pro-Russia militants.

After I was released, I found out that the leader of the pro-Russia forces in Sloviansk, Vyacheslav Ponomarev, told journalists that we were being held as “bargaining chips” in negotiations with the interim authorities in Kiev. I don’t yet know what he got for my release, but I hope it wasn’t very much, because no one should be allowed to take hostages no matter what their political demands are.

Everyone being illegally held in that damp cellar, or any of the other buildings controlled by the self-proclaimed “Donetsk People’s Republic,” should be released or handed over to the police immediately.
https://news.vice.com/articles/i-had-it-pretty-easy-because-i-was-let-go-simon-ostrovsky-on-his-detention-in-sloviansk
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3223 on: April 27, 2014, 09:51:05 am »
Greystone is a subsidiary of Academi. They are around 300 in Ukraine.
No it's not, it's stand alone.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Segd

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 88
    • View Profile
« Reply #3224 on: April 27, 2014, 10:28:36 am »
+2
They are around 300 in Ukraine.
Oh no!
(click to show/hide)
First it was Spartacus, now you telling me that Leonidas is NATO agent too?!