Poll

Will Putin command further invasion of Ukraine:

He will and he should, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will, but he should not, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will not, because <random witty/boring reason>
Who is mister Putin?

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine  (Read 485598 times)

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine
« Reply #3150 on: April 25, 2014, 03:14:23 pm »
Did anyone read anywhere any news about OSCE monitors disappearing in Donetsk in the last couple of hours? I heard this happened, but so far no news on English part of Internet.

Local news only tell that Ukrainian government lost any kind of connection with OSCE monitors in Donetsk. They suspect separatists of kidnapping them. No further info is given atm.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #3151 on: April 25, 2014, 04:54:19 pm »
Local news only tell that Ukrainian government lost any kind of connection with OSCE monitors in Donetsk. They suspect separatists of kidnapping them. No further info is given atm.
I wouldn't be surprised.

inb4 Tovi blaming it on NATO commandos to discredit brave freedom fighters in East Ukraine region :)

It's funny how you start to accuse others of fascism but they you say something like this:

That is why I stopped posting in this thread. There's a bit of fascist in each of us and it gets out when you least expect it and sometimes you can't control it.
I'd like you to show me where exactly I talked about fascism. I am kinda curious.

EDIT:
Link to the latest Yolostrovski-video, including a tiny statement on his return from "captivity":

https://news.vice.com/video/russian-roulette-the-invasion-of-ukraine-dispatch-twenty-nine
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 05:14:10 pm by Molly »
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2230
  • Infamy: 1182
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #3152 on: April 25, 2014, 05:39:32 pm »
Bolded the exact sentence. My personal opinion is the same, I do believe that the place where I reside is the place I belong. But I won't deprive others of having different opinion which is exactly what bolded sentence written by you does. Most importantly "like it or not, part".

But as I said, we're all fascist do a degree. It's a personal demon people choose to fight or embrace.

Funny thing is, while Oberyn is right about Putin's Russia having all characteristics of fascist state, so does USA. You think I'm talking rubish?

Let's take this definition from wiki, shall we?

Roger Griffin describes fascism as "a genus of political ideology whose mythic core in its various permutations is a palingenetic form of populist ultranationalism".[29] Griffin describes the ideology as having three core components: "(i) the rebirth myth, (ii) populist ultra-nationalism and (iii) the myth of decadence".

Also:

One common definition of fascism focuses on three concepts: the fascist negations of anti-liberalism, anti-communism and anti-conservatism; nationalist authoritarian goals of creating a regulated economic structure to transform social relations within a modern, self-determined culture; and a political aesthetic of romantic symbolism, mass mobilization, a positive view of violence, and promotion of masculinity, youth and charismatic leadership.

Think there is no need to point the obvious traits both Russian and Greek society of today share (as demonstrated by Ivani4 and Panos respectively). As for USA:

• violence - gun loving culture
  • nationalism - hatred towards immigrants
  • rebirth - glorious days of our founding fathers shall come again
  • decadence - USA is falling apart because of evil *insert*

I'm well aware that I'm jerk for connecting traits of a small group of people to the whole nation. But that's exactly what is done through this whole thread. Vovka's and Ivani4's opinion is amplified and attributed to all Russians while opinion of other Russians is often neglected and pushed aside, because it is ruining the picture of Big Bad Drunk Russian who wants to see whole world under his knees. Same can be done to pretty much any nation, based on special personas residing on this forum.

Don't think I forgot that Russia is the aggressor here and that most of other nations aren't. But does that gives us right to assume that all Russians are nationalists? If it does then all Germans and Austrians from 1930-1950 are just the same as einstein was. I can pick random Americans on this forums and make it so that every one of them is crazy lunatic who masturbates with his Colt and wants to see black American as his personal slaves.

Discuss this matter freely but please think a little bit before stamping the whole nation as evil. Maybe they just don't have enough strength to overcome those in power. And how could they, when not even other superpowers aren't able to do anything. What to expect of regular folks?

Offline Segd

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: April 25, 2014, 05:57:13 pm »
+1
https://news.vice.com/video/russian-roulette-the-invasion-of-ukraine-dispatch-twenty-nine
There are a lot of jokes about Yarush(right sector dude) visit card(02:18 on the video) which didn't burn in this cars:
http://fishki.net/1263322-luchshiie-fotozhaby-na-vizitku-jarosha.html
new high-tech armor:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #3154 on: April 25, 2014, 06:18:32 pm »
The sad thing here is that in Russia there is a lot of educated and intelligent people due to communism opening education for the masses.  It's just that the system and leadership is rotten. There is no antagonism between Ukrainians and Russians, except what Putin is trying to create. He simply wants a divided, weak and easily manipulated Ukraine on his doorstep.  And of course some Ukrainian elements rightly have become anti-russian because of the constant dominance through centuries. Putin is just creating more of them, which fits his plans perfectly.  Both Right Sector and Berkut are serving Putins plans.

A Russian friend of mine was just organizing a workshop in Kiev a week ago with no problems whatsoever.  As people, Russians and Ukrainians are almost the same and brothers and apparently that haven't changed much recently even with Putin's hardest efforts.

The best way to describe whats happening is that Russia is staging a grand theatre, a comedy ridiculing the hypocrite and schizophrenic/democratic west, at the same time punishing Ukraine into submission.

Of course the Russians themselves knows the government is lying, but it's just so much fun to see the Naive west bite the propaganda, again and again. A sweet sense of victory after 20 years of shame. Thats the buttons Putin is pushing.

Let me tell you this. EU is not a threat, and most of their directives would do amazing things to Russian society. Russia will anyway always be able to attain a special position protecting it from attacks on their vast land and resources. Yes, I think Russia should join EU under special exceptions like protection of industry and resources. :) It would definitely be better for the Russian people. 1000 times better than being under criminal oligarchs.

@Butan, you are a nice guy, but politically I think I know who you are. You are a Russian ex-pat, or from Russian ancestry living in France. The ex-pats are always the most extreme.. Go to Russia and see how fucked up it is for yourself.

@Tovi.. :D I just have to laugh, but people with weird theories just need to get out of the house and see how the world works for themselves. It's really no need for illuminati to describe the world.

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: April 25, 2014, 06:46:43 pm »
violence - gun loving culture
nationalism - hatred towards immigrants
rebirth - glorious days of our founding fathers shall come again
decadence - USA is falling apart because of evil *insert*

what the fuck leshma
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: April 25, 2014, 07:58:51 pm »
Bolded the exact sentence. [...]
How is stating that one becomes part of a country as soon as one lived their a certain part of one's life, having children and fixed roots in that country fascism? :shocked:
Maybe I am just too stupid to see the connection but I just fail to see it.

I still stand behind that view though. When you lived for decades in a country, you work there, your children were born there, you own/build a house there, a car bought there, you're paying taxes there, use their bureaucratic apparatus, you are a citizen of that country. Imho you can't have all those things in country A and still consider yourself citizen of country B.
That is why I said that they are all Ukrainians in my book, doesn't matter how often they say otherwise.

Nope, don't see fascism anywhere. :(

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
« Reply #3157 on: April 25, 2014, 08:11:49 pm »
+1

There are many kind of intelligence like:  language (i'm not so good as you can see), music, kinesthetic, memory, introspection, empathy, logic (IQ), spatial location etc.
So, I don(t give a fuck of IQ. It just helps to make logical deductions...

Zbigniew Brzezinski is the man who whisper to the ears of the american presidents since Carter. He established the Containment strategy (initiated by George Kennan), wich consist to maintain central Asia (mainly Russia, China and Iran) under pressure. That explain Vietnam war, support to Taiwan, Pakistan, war in Afghanistan, destabilization in Caucasus, Ukraine, the extend of NATO toward east etc.
He created the Trilateral Commission. And now he's working with John Kerry. He doesn't like Russia, and especially Putin.
It's not a "theory" boys, that's history and actual geopolitic. I'm 40 yo,and it takes years to get solid culture in this domain. You can laugh like stupid kids, I really don't care.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 08:25:04 pm by Tovi »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: April 25, 2014, 08:26:44 pm »
+1
Wait, Tovi is 40? He's even more retarded than I thought. It would've been somewhat excusable for a dumb impressionable kid to be spouting this crap, but...
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
« Reply #3159 on: April 25, 2014, 09:09:19 pm »
+1
Let me see, you must be 14 or something like that no ? I'm loosing my time here.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: April 25, 2014, 09:14:50 pm »
Never ever divulge any personal information Tovi, its at best useless at worst food for trolling  :P

The Maximum Retard compares NATO forces on Ukraine's border to Russia's forces on Ukraine's border... like... what? Wat. Wut. I wonder if Ukraine is worried about NATO forces.. I wonder if Ukraine is complaining about them.. or.. oh.. wait... is Ukraine actually ASKING for them? Yes, yes it is.

Since you're going full retard on my full retard, are Russian ASKING for russian troops to man the border to Ukraine? Yes, yes they are.

To bring seriousness back into the game, the point was, labelling russian movement on russian territory an invasion, should then give reason to label foreign allied forces (allied because asked for, good job cpt obvious) doing movement on ukraine territory worse than an invasion. Get it mister asshole?

Since one is irrelevant, so is the other, use your irony detector sometimes. I though after reading so many "insightful" comments of yours you should have detected this one.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 09:24:35 pm by Butan »

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: April 25, 2014, 09:23:38 pm »
Never ever divulge any personal information Tovi, its at best useless at worst food for trolling  :P
Considering the nonsense he wrote in this thread, there is no need for troll food.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3162 on: April 25, 2014, 09:24:21 pm »
+1
Yeah, US geopolitics are all about making the neighbours of Russia hate it. So very hard that. Especially since all those countries don't already hate Russia for being such a nice and non-exploitative neighbour, that is totally not attempting to screw everyone over at every opportunity. There was also never such a thing as Cold War or a reaction against Taliban. Also, evul NATO is forcing itself east, imposing itself unto the unwilling eastern european countries, that are totally not afraid of a particular country, that totally did not occupy them for 40+ years not so long ago. Tovi, you are a real smart fellow.

Offline serr

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 293
  • Infamy: 19
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wataga
« Reply #3163 on: April 25, 2014, 09:26:13 pm »
foreign allied forces (allied because asked for, good job cpt obvious) doing movement on ukraine territory worse than an invasion

While statement itself is at least doubtful, what allied forces on Ukraine territory do you mean?

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: April 25, 2014, 09:27:43 pm »
Yeah, US geopolitics are all about making the neighbours of Russia hate it. So very hard that. Especially since all those countries don't already hate Russia for being such a nice and non-exploitative neighbour, that is totally not attempting to screw everyone over at every opportunity. There was also never such a thing as Cold War or a reaction against Taliban. Also, evul NATO is forcing itself east, imposing itself unto the unwilling eastern european countries, that are totally not afraid of a particular country, that totally did not occupy them for 40+ years not so long ago. Tovi, you are a real smart fellow.

Yeah, Russian geopolitics are all about making the neighbours of USA hate it. So very hard that. Especially since all those countries don't already hate USA for being such a nice and non-exploitative neighbour, that is totally not attempting to screw everyone over at every opportunity. There was also never such a thing as Cold War or a reaction against Tchetchen. Also, evul CSTO is forcing itself west, imposing itself unto the unwilling western european countries, that are totally not afraid of a particular country, that totally did not occupy them for 40+ years not so long ago. x guy, you are a real smart fellow.

Works too.