Poll

Will Putin command further invasion of Ukraine:

He will and he should, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will, but he should not, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will not, because <random witty/boring reason>
Who is mister Putin?

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine  (Read 485986 times)

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine
« Reply #1965 on: March 19, 2014, 08:56:17 pm »
+1
I may be wrong

But probably you're right.

Why did you start discussing it then? What does this post and the following mean? What trick did you mean then?

If you don't know what I meant by that, then I'm afraid I can not help you.

Bydlo is not just an uneducated person. All bydlos are low-educated though, it's just an image of a person who lacks a lot: education, intelligence, manners and kindness in general.
I didn't say that only bydlo voted for him, but it was his main electorate though. And I can do nothing with that, their vote counts in the same way as mine.

Definitely I don't like your attitude.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 08:59:29 pm by Falka »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Dark_Blade

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 100
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Dark_Blade, Fallen_Templar_the_Grey, Jeric_Whistlebone
« Reply #1966 on: March 19, 2014, 09:02:15 pm »
damn I just missed your addition. everything in spoiler is pointless then
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 09:08:45 pm by Dark_Blade »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 706
  • Infamy: 1168
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: March 19, 2014, 09:05:51 pm »
+2
Because that person without formal education is a human being too, being dumber does not make him less so, and hence is allowed to have a say in his own fate just as much as the one who is an educated scientist. Yours is a common complaint, yet it makes no sense. Democracy is not an engineering project where everything must be done according to strict mathematical laws or else, it is a form of government. It doesn't matter how stupid or intelligent someone is, their human value is the same and both have feelings and opinions. The whole point of democracy is the that the people themselves decide how they are ruled; if 51% of the nation think they'd rather not join NATO even if it gets them killed, then so be it, it is the decision of the majority of the people who'll be influenced by said decision. Or, less dramatically, if they decide that they'd rather not have free healthcare, then that is the wish of the people. Intelligence does not come into play.

You sound like a politician, bunch of misplaced words packed together to make it seem smart and convicting. No substance at all in those word, typical populist propaganda.

You know Xant, your only advantage over some of us is your knowledge of english language. Sadly, mine is not good enough to be able to discuss serious topics with you so I rather stay at bay most of the time because I don't want to be ridiculed for my lack of vocabulary and poor grammar, rather than focusing on actual substance and message that stands behind those broken english sentences.

If you think democracy works well, how come most abstinents come from the highly educated group of people and not other way around? Or why don't you ask progressive Turkish youth on this forum what they think about democracy. Yanukovich was elected on democratic elections, you know. So is Erdogan and the rest of tyrants. They always get elected fair and square first time and with a big margin, which is one of the reason why they later get on a ego trip, thinking how they have became gods. There is a reason why there are limits on number of mandates in most countries which practice democracy.

My opinion, based on what I experienced in my country is that democratic elections are waste of time and tax payers money and that government should work in the same way universities function.

Offline Falka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: March 19, 2014, 09:15:54 pm »
+1
Sadly, mine is not good enough to be able to discuss serious topics with you so I rather stay at bay most of the time because I don't want to be ridiculed for my lack of vocabulary and poor grammar, rather than focusing on actual substance and message that stands behind those broken english sentences.

If your english is broken then I don't even want to think how would you describe mine :P

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #1969 on: March 19, 2014, 09:27:07 pm »
+4
Funny how Dave said nothing else than "people shouldn't be in positions that require a certain degree of education while this fine lady isn't even able to speak the language of choice in a proper manner and nonetheless sits there now..." and everyone goes on about some democracy bullshit that doesn't even make sense in the context :lol:

(click to show/hide)
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: March 19, 2014, 09:27:57 pm »
+1
And he would be right about that. Educated people should support demarchy because it makes more sense than ancient Greek invention called democracy. How can a educated person believe in a voting system where a person who have no formal education and can barely sign his name, is equal with high educated scientist?

Just try to imagine a situation where your university degree depends on opinion of everyone who is attending same university, rather than just a few selected individuals called professors. Sounds mad, isn't it? Well, that's democracy for you.
What the fuck, lol? You got demarchy mixed up with something else, because demarchy is a form of democracy, the original one, invented by the Greeks.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 09:31:20 pm by [ptx] »

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: March 19, 2014, 09:31:57 pm »
But probably you're right.

If you don't know what I meant by that, then I'm afraid I can not help you.

Definitely I don't like your attitude.

I clearly understand what you meant with that trick. I don't understand how it's connected to me. And you fail to explain only trying to make an evil person out of me, reading it in the way you want to read it. Instead of explaining you only throw insults and claim that I don't understand anything. And what you think is my attitude is not my attitude, you seem like seeing things beyond text that don't exist. Yet you still didn't explain anything after I asked multiple times. This could only mean that you either can't explain it properly or you're "elitist prick with lack of respect" or both.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: March 19, 2014, 09:44:57 pm »
+1
You sound like a politician, bunch of misplaced words packed together to make it seem smart and convicting. No substance at all in those word, typical populist propaganda.
So I guess this isn't the "I don't get into Internet debates" personality of yours. That's too bad, if the best you can come up with is "you sound like a politician, no substance in the words." How about you try and back up your claims?

I rather stay at bay most of the time because I don't want to be ridiculed for my lack of vocabulary and poor grammar, rather than focusing on actual substance and message that stands behind those broken english sentences.
That right there is some rich fucking irony, considering you aren't discussing the substance of my post at all, only chaining together words with zero information value.

If you think democracy works well, how come most abstinents come from the highly educated group of people and not other way around? Or why don't you ask progressive Turkish youth on this forum what they think about democracy. Yanukovich was elected on democratic elections, you know. So is Erdogan and the rest of tyrants. They always get elected fair and square first time and with a big margin, which is one of the reason why they later get on a ego trip, thinking how they have became gods. There is a reason why there are limits on number of mandates in most countries which practice democracy.
As expected, you completely misunderstand not only my post but democracy as a whole. If Yanukovich was elected by the people and kept in power by the people then they got what they deserved. He is who they wanted. Same for everyone else. Ukraine is an exception in that the country is so absurdly corrupt that an elected official can have such a massive negative impact; in most western countries one person, even one party, can only fuck up so much because one of the characteristics of democratic governments is that power is distributed around evenly and there are checks and balances.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Falka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: March 19, 2014, 09:53:47 pm »
+1
I don't understand how it's connected to me. And you fail to explain

How do I fail to explain when I don't explain at all?

Yet you still didn't explain anything after I asked multiple times. This could only mean that you either can't explain it properly or you're "elitist prick with lack of respect" or both.

Only? I'd say there're basically infinite possiblities explaining why I didn't answer, not only 3 which you mentioned.

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
« Reply #1974 on: March 19, 2014, 11:07:15 pm »
Everybody seems ok to say that Soviet Union was an awful dictatorship. So, what was his legitimity to give Crimea to Ukraine ?
A dictator plays to give and take territories and it's not a problem. A vast majority of a population vote to join Russia and it's a scandal.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #1975 on: March 19, 2014, 11:32:45 pm »
+2
But US imperialism is not better.

Funny how nobody in Russia was saying that in the 1990's.

For 1991 alone, hard currency aid pledged to the Soviet Union totals $16.9 billion.[

Now that they are back on their feet, they are back to being the same dickheads that they always were.  :rolleyes:

"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: March 20, 2014, 06:08:35 am »
Last pages of this thread:

NO MY DICKS BIGGEST

:D
I don't know enough

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
« Reply #1977 on: March 20, 2014, 08:32:19 am »
Funny how nobody in Russia was saying that in the 1990's.

You can consider they were victims of US imperialism. Imperialism is good for the oligarchy,not for peoples (especially in other countries).

Offline Kuujis

• Count
  • Renown: 298
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Midreek_HRE
« Reply #1978 on: March 20, 2014, 08:34:16 am »
Last pages of this thread:

NO MY DICKS BIGGEST

:D

Fuck the measurement, I quit when I was identified as a "stupid"  :rolleyes:. Was very embarassing :oops:.

However -  our armed forces (such as they are) have learned one lesson from all this: "shoot at unidentified heavily armed green men blockading you first, diplomacy later. If you don't shoot - diplomacy will not work..." In fact - UKR army should have blockaded russian bases instantly after the yanukovich fleeing, just to "keep them safe" and inside. The cost of this failure is crimea unfortunately.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: March 20, 2014, 08:36:52 am »
I don't understand the whole "you have the right to shoot in self defense now" after one Ukrainian soldier died. So does that mean they were told not to shoot even if they were being shot at...? Wtf?

"Just let them kill you, we here at the capital have decided it would be good for our PR."
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.