Poll

Will Putin command further invasion of Ukraine:

He will and he should, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will, but he should not, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will not, because <random witty/boring reason>
Who is mister Putin?

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine  (Read 485398 times)

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine
« Reply #1605 on: March 13, 2014, 03:05:26 pm »
+5
(click to show/hide)

So far the cold news are (correct me if I'm wrong):

- Maidan revolt is a success, previous pro-Russia president has been evicted and new pro-EU government has formed

- political situation in Kiev (Ukraine capital) and west-central provinces is stable, people are mostly happy to wait for the early presidential election of the 25 may of this year, majority-opposition is already forming, with candidates from both maidan enthusiast and neutral (and possibly ex-president Yanukovitch), polls have already been made and you can see one here from wikipedia:
(click to show/hide)

- political situation in south-east provinces is rebellious, major cities were the target of protests and attempts/successful storming of administrative buildings/taking control of regional centers was made, calls for closer ties or even incorporation into Russia were made, but police crackdown + Russia not sending army + low organisation + no central nerve point to gather around = no major results toward a counter-maidan scenario.

- political situation in Crimea province is military occupied by pro-Russia/Russia forces.

- more troops from both side (Ukrainian 200 000 army/reserve + 60 000 national guards mobilized+ 100 000 "others" (police, border guard, etc...) - all the desertion (unknown number), against, 20 000+ "Crimean" forces + Russia 150 000 rapid deployment force at Ukraine border + continuous reinforcements (unknown)) are stationned and entrenching themselves and preparing for anything but still no casualties to report, sieging of the loyal Ukrainian soldiers inside Crimea territory continue: barracks are surrounded, roads are patrolled and checkpoints are everywhere, ports and airports are blockaded.

- world diplomacy shifted from threat of war, to threat of economical sanctions, to threats of not-recognizing one another state (be it either Kiev government or Crimea government) : despite the very large mobilization of troops from Ukraine and Russia and the tension that comes with it, noone is openly pushing for a escalation of violence.

- Ukraine has 3 major arguments against Russia : intrusion of military forces in sovereign state, coup against new Kiev government in Crimea and formation of illegal Crimean government, illegal referendum about joining Russia

- Russia has 3 majors arguments against Ukraine : coup against previous Kiev government and formation of illegal government, protecting the russian people inside Ukraine territory, the military force inside Crimea are only Crimea self-defense force

- Ukraine new prime minister is rallying USA/EU support, Crimea new government is organizing legal actions to ask for Russia support and become a russian region: Ukraine and most of the world powers have claimed they would not go to war over Crimea, and Russia seems happy to pay the diplomatic price for this aggressive expansion.

The referendum organised by the Crimean local government of Sevastopol is to be held the 16 march of this year, with 2 choices : join Russia or stay with Ukraine but with the 1992 constitution which gives them more autonomy. Everyone is waiting for the result and nothing much is happening except empty diplomatic announcements here and there in the last days.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 03:15:56 pm by Butan »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: March 13, 2014, 03:33:27 pm »
Especially when people have no arguments and only sarcasms/insults/censorship.
But, ok, it's not easy. You have to spend hours to compare various informations from both sides.

But with US government it's easier, because they lies quite always.

Everything gonna be alright boys, and God Bless America ! I ban myself from this thread. Good luck.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #1607 on: March 13, 2014, 03:40:53 pm »
+5
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: March 13, 2014, 04:06:50 pm »
+1
"The head is for thinking and not just for carrying your brain"

Loved how he fucked off after he said he was an officer of the soviet army  :mrgreen:  cannot compete

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
« Reply #1609 on: March 13, 2014, 04:32:33 pm »
I'm not Russian, I'm a democrat. So I don't like the na-zi's coup in Ukraine, and I'll respect the Crimean choice.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: March 13, 2014, 04:35:11 pm »
Trollvi pls, u unban yourself m8?

Offline Tovi

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: March 13, 2014, 04:41:15 pm »
+2
The advantage to ban himself is the possibility to unban himself (old chinese proverb).

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: March 13, 2014, 04:41:58 pm »
+1
.-.

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: March 13, 2014, 05:05:18 pm »
+1
The advantage to ban himself is the possibility to unban himself (old chinese proverb).

Get the fuck out of here (Ben Affleck)

Offline Segd

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 88
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: March 13, 2014, 05:08:29 pm »
+8
"The only thing a person can truly keep is his word"  :rolleyes:
I ban myself from this thread. Good luck.

Meanwhile in Russia:
Officials suspected Novosibirsk cinemas, who were broadcasting movie "The Wolf of Wall Street", in promotion of drugs. 800k-1kk rubles  of fines  :lol:

Russian Leo DiCaprio:
(click to show/hide)

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: March 14, 2014, 09:35:23 am »
+2
Some news: Son of former Minister of Defence Anatoly Gritsenko with his 2 friends got kidnapped this night in Crimea by pro-russian forces. He only managed to tell that their car was being chased by some crimeans. At the moment his last GPS record was in the captured building of pro-russian forces, though they refuse the fact that anyone is there.

Just my opinion: I recalled a post today that I made before Russia invading Ukraine. I described some sort of stereotypic eastern Ukrainians (including my city which is considered politically to be south-eastern while it's south-western) as low-educated people and sometimes even utterly stupid. I think it's just about their culture, the go to their working places, they come back in the evening, watch TV and read newspapers. They don't have any aims in their lives besides abstract "to live better" but they never know how to make it. Unlike western Ukrainians who know that they want this, this and this even if it's not right. This eastern marginal kind of logic gets abused by Russian mass-media (they have the same "problem", funny thing that they claim Americans to be stupid but their current young generation is just mostly, I'm sorry, retarded - play any videogame with Russians and you'll understand). When I hear opinions such as "We will live better being a part of Russia" I just get extremely upset. Economically Russia is the same shit for people as current Ukraine (even though Russia is very rich people live like in the 3rd world country outside Moscow and Petersburg) but they have a lot of problems that will be new for Ukrainians. Like huge problems with islamic immigrants: due to a huge corruption - they can commit any crimes without any fear of getting into jail because you can always just give money to policeman and go home no matter what you did. These people have nothing to do with Islam besides that they connect themselves to it, they just violate the vast majority of its demands. Or censorship: I believe that Russia is the only country in the Europe that blocks websites of political opposition (yes, they can block any website that they want, just like in China). They ofc find a reason and just block it.

People in Crimea don't understand that their current protests and referendum are the last in their history. Because referendums don't happen in Russia and protests finish fast ending with protesters beaten up by police.
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 09:38:54 am by DaveUKR »

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #1616 on: March 14, 2014, 10:16:15 am »
+1
In other news...

The president of the FC Bayern München was trialled for tax avoiding of 27.2 million Euros. He has been convicted to 3 years and 6 months of prison.

(click to show/hide)

He has still the chance of revision by a higher instance which he will take. Still, personally I expected him to get just a slap and a fine. Gives me back a little bit of believe in the justice system of my country.

I think this fits rather well into "Russia is corrupt" showing that it doesn't have to be that way. :)
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Tovi

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: March 14, 2014, 10:24:45 am »
+3
current young generation is just mostly, I'm sorry, retarded - play any videogame with Russians and you'll understand)

Druzhinas are not stupid at all. That's racism...

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #1618 on: March 14, 2014, 10:41:27 am »
(click to show/hide)
Yeah yeah foolish to judge a country based on a small group of its representatives.
video about common representative of young generation in Ukrain http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWd1CjXfAZk  :P

Druzhinas are not stupid at all. That's racism...
I do not understand how dave has not banned yet on this forum for YMCA
(click to show/hide)
and incitement of ethnic hatred  :(

I think this fits rather well into "Russia is corrupt" showing that it doesn't have to be that way. :)
He is not Russian so u will not get +++ here  for dat news :P
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 11:29:50 am by Vovka »

Offline Segd

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 88
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: March 14, 2014, 11:48:03 am »
+1
video about common representative of young generation in Ukrain http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWd1CjXfAZk  :P
Typical Rus\Ukr Dota player  8-)

He is not Russian so u will not get +++ here  for dat news :P
At least he got caught  :wink:

(ex-minister of defence, still works for the government)

Famous Russian Voting system in action:
Voters in Crimea are gathering from all Mother Russia's lands  :lol:

Or censorship: I believe that Russia is the only country in the Europe that blocks websites of political opposition (yes, they can block any website that they want, just like in China). They ofc find a reason and just block it.
Navalny's lj blog & some opposition sites got blocked yesterday.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 11:57:53 am by Segd »