Poll

Will Putin command further invasion of Ukraine:

He will and he should, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will, but he should not, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will not, because <random witty/boring reason>
Who is mister Putin?

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine  (Read 485617 times)

Offline serr

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 293
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wataga
Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine
« Reply #1425 on: March 09, 2014, 09:42:56 pm »
+3
http://www.stopfake.org/en/russian-ultra-nationalists-come-to-fight-in-ukraine/

(click to show/hide)

Fair choice
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 09:51:18 pm by serr »

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: March 09, 2014, 10:43:04 pm »
+1
But, it's not even remotely CLOSE to the general Opinion over Syria, and somewhat close to Iraq. Only the Afghanistan picture was a gungho option. Iraq was a split(like 30/70 or so), while Syria was a 60/40.  But coming from EU, I can expect that stupid shit. Most of your countries have no where near the total pop US does(unless you count EU as a whole). 30% Approval is like the population of your damn country(France, right?)

Thats a gross exageration like in some joke, I'm pretty certain like you that some countries on the american and european continent arent widely accepting those views. But I can tell you that in France, they all agree on saying Afghanistan/Iraq/Lybia/Syria government needed to be removed for security/moralistic/whatever reasons. Then on "how to" and "how bad" we wanted/want to remove them, well, history speaks for itself.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2725
  • Infamy: 2529
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: March 09, 2014, 11:07:22 pm »
+2
Palin never ceases to amaze me

Her approach is a bit more modern, 80s style. While Russians are trying to justify their actions explaining to the common folks (idiots) how this is a fight between eternal enemies, chocolate chip cookies and communists, Palin is exchanging those with terms more suited for an average American. Good guys vs bad guys. Like in movies with Arnie :lol:

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #1428 on: March 09, 2014, 11:09:38 pm »
+2
http://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/sarah-palins-advice-to-barack-obama-stop-putin-with-nukes/story-fnh81jut-1226849448434

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

What a delirious bloodthirsty bitch! She seems to have inhaled too much of that renowned USA democracy.

Offline Tagora

• Duke
  • Renown: 522
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
  • there's bollocks in yr tea
    • View Profile
    • ClickCLICKclickCLICKCLICKCLICK
  • Faction: Dubliners
« Reply #1429 on: March 09, 2014, 11:15:12 pm »
+1
im going on about why the hell you would wanna care what kind of health care they have when the thread has no relations as to anything health care related.  Who gives a fuck about what health care they have when Russia is breathing all over the country from the seats of tanks, thats what im going on about.......Crimea is being take over by russians and now they move to grab more of Ukraine, "hey what kind of health care you Ukrainians have?"
This thread has encompassed pretty much every historical or contextual aspect of the current Crimean crisis.  It's important to find every piece of the puzzle before you put the picture together.  Don't you want to know why these events happen? 

(click to show/hide)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/tagora/

c h e l s e a  b o y s

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: March 10, 2014, 12:01:51 am »
+1
Her approach is a bit more modern, 80s style. While Russians are trying to justify their actions explaining to the common folks (idiots) how this is a fight between eternal enemies, chocolate chip cookies and communists, Palin is exchanging those with terms more suited for an average American. Good guys vs bad guys. Like in movies with Arnie :lol:

One century apart, one stuck in 1880 the other in 1980, yeah. From that perspective I guess Palin is not that bad.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: March 10, 2014, 12:19:24 am »
+3
Palin said in 2008 that Russia would invade Ukraine if nothing was done about it invading Georgia. Diss all you want, she saw it all comin'
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 568
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: March 10, 2014, 12:59:54 am »
+1
So you want nukes to fly?

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: March 10, 2014, 01:21:59 am »
+2
An impressive non sequitur. Neither Palin, nor I, have said that nukes should fly.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Segd

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 88
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: March 10, 2014, 01:59:53 am »
+3
Palin is exchanging those with terms more suited for an average American. Good guys vs bad guys. Like in movies with Arnie :lol:
Whom did you call bad!?

(click to show/hide)

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: March 10, 2014, 02:10:08 am »
+2
This thread has encompassed pretty much every historical or contextual aspect of the current Crimean crisis.  It's important to find every piece of the puzzle before you put the picture together.  Don't you want to know why these events happen? 

(click to show/hide)

right, talking about chocolate chip cookie's because fascism was used in propaganda, okay makes sense, russians living in Ukraine because of old soviet bloc, okay makes sense, bringing the topic of health care issues being a reason as to why russia invaded a country.....

news to me, wasnt aware the Crimean crisis involved healthcare, must be more Russian propaganda, but hey what do i know, im some dumb fuck who flips burgers lol, because that explains my education level.....this is why you're a dumb ignorant cunt in game and on the forums.  At no point was healthcare an issue, you merely made an objective question to put a reason on why there is a problem in Ukraine, of which healthcare was never the reason.  The thought of even putting the issue of healthcare on the table just further dilutes the thread.

Offline Tagora

• Duke
  • Renown: 522
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
  • there's bollocks in yr tea
    • View Profile
    • ClickCLICKclickCLICKCLICKCLICK
  • Faction: Dubliners
« Reply #1436 on: March 10, 2014, 02:28:34 am »
right, talking about chocolate chip cookie's because fascism was used in propaganda, okay makes sense, russians living in Ukraine because of old soviet bloc, okay makes sense, bringing the topic of health care issues being a reason as to why russia invaded a country.....

news to me, wasnt aware the Crimean crisis involved healthcare, must be more Russian propaganda, but hey what do i know, im some dumb fuck who flips burgers lol, because that explains my education level.....this is why you're a dumb ignorant cunt in game and on the forums.  At no point was healthcare an issue, you merely made an objective question to put a reason on why there is a problem in Ukraine, of which healthcare was never the reason.  The thought of even putting the issue of healthcare on the table just further dilutes the thread.
There wasn't anything in Russian propaganda (that I'm aware of) that compared their healthcare to Ukraine's.  It was a personal request I had for the Ukrainians (& Russians) in this thread because the wiki on the subject wasn't good.  I wanted to know what either side thought about it because things like this are important in judging the standard of living.  That's how you compare nations.  It was a small request that you have blown out of proportion.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/tagora/

c h e l s e a  b o y s

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #1437 on: March 10, 2014, 02:32:09 am »
+1
Sadly, Palin is absolutely right. Only countries that have nuclear weapons can stand up to another country with nuclear weapons. You know, MAD, the entire idea behind the entire Cold War. She never said to use them, but I understand why people are willing to misinterpret it in the most retarded manner, because frankly she is really retarded most of the time. Broken clock, twice a day, etc. If you shotgun enough bullshit in a wide spread you're bound to land some hits. You can bet your fucking ass Russia would never have done this shit if Ukraine still had nuclear weapons.
Anyways, the annexation will probably keep going apace, with western leaders congratulating themselves on avoiding escalation of the conflict by throwing Ukraine to the wolves and letting it get dismembered. I can't wait for the "Peace in our time" speech from Obama and the rest of the balless pushovers in the EU. Hopefully it'll be on April first just so people aren't sure if he's really fucking around or not.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: March 10, 2014, 02:41:51 am »
+1
Sadly, Palin is absolutely right. Only countries that have nuclear weapons can stand up to another country with nuclear weapons. You know, MAD, the entire idea behind the entire Cold War. She never said to use them
Indeed, and understanding this isn't too difficult when you can read. If, and only if, Russia had used nukes against Ukraine could her statement be understood as "we should nuke Russia." But since Russia has not used any nukes, obviously saying "to stand up against a bad guy (Russia) with nukes, you need a good guy (USA) with nukes" isn't meant as "let's nuke everything."

Of course, the referenced article (http://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/sarah-palins-advice-to-barack-obama-stop-putin-with-nukes/story-fnh81jut-1226849448434) has an absolutely atrocious headline. Journalism at its worst. "Sarah Palin’s advice to Barack Obama: ‘Stop Putin with nukes’". That isn't what Palin said at all, and gives someone who just glances at the headline a completely different idea of what was said.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: March 10, 2014, 03:03:49 am »
+1
There wasn't anything in Russian propaganda (that I'm aware of) that compared their healthcare to Ukraine's.  It was a personal request I had for the Ukrainians (& Russians) in this thread because the wiki on the subject wasn't good.  I wanted to know what either side thought about it because things like this are important in judging the standard of living.  That's how you compare nations.  It was a small request that you have blown out of proportion.

thats called sarcasm, as was the majority of my posts, even nearly the original one.