Poll

Will Putin command further invasion of Ukraine:

He will and he should, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will, but he should not, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will not, because <random witty/boring reason>
Who is mister Putin?

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine  (Read 485653 times)

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine
« Reply #1305 on: March 08, 2014, 12:06:22 pm »
+1
while obviously I get the point your making, those look like 2 staffordshire bullterriers, could be mating them has a legitimate breeding interest to their owners...

BTW props to UKR last I saw they were still not being bullied out of their land. Good for them.
I don't know enough

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bob_Ross

• Earl
  • Renown: 394
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Church of PEPE
  • Game nicks: Pope_Thunnus_Obesus_of_PEPE Explosion_of_Tuna Sultan_Tuna_bin_Salmon
« Reply #1306 on: March 08, 2014, 12:44:43 pm »
+2
Pretty interesting piece, if a bit short. Does deserve more attention though:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/08/russia-former-soviet-republics
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 12:58:30 pm by Bob_Ross »
Friendship is like wetting your pants: everyone can see it, but only you can feel its warmth.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1223
  • Infamy: 1330
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: March 08, 2014, 01:52:37 pm »
+3
I agree, Mr. Neville Chamberlain. Tell me more about how this fascist country invading a sovereign nation for ultranationalist ethnic irredentist reasons is totally the same as the evil West with it's colonies and imperialism, or actually more justified. It's not like false moral equivalencies and "It's all grey, after all" was exactly the bullshit used to justify bending over and letting Germany fuck it's neighbours in the ass. No memory indeed.

Russia wants to make this looks like Yugoslavian scenario. That is why they are denying presence of their troops in Ukraine.

What they want is, to wait for referendum to happen and then, in case voting goes how they are planning, provoke Ukraine to come to Crimea with military forces. If that happens, doesn't matter if referendum results are shady or not. It's basically bigger part of the country attacking smaller that wants out (in case of YU, those were Slovenia and Croatia).

After that anything could happen, even WW3 if Russia decides to "protect" "independent" Crimea. Of course WW3 will never be NATO vs Russia. If that conflict ever starts and Russia don't back off after 6 months, other countries will follow suit and attack their nearest neighborhood (China vs Japan, Iran vs Izrael and so on).

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: March 08, 2014, 02:29:56 pm »
+2
I agree, Mr. Neville Chamberlain. Tell me more about how this fascist country invading a sovereign nation for ultranationalist ethnic irredentist reasons is totally the same as the evil West with it's colonies and imperialism, or actually more justified. It's not like false moral equivalencies and "It's all grey, after all" was exactly the bullshit used to justify bending over and letting Germany fuck it's neighbours in the ass. No memory indeed.

As much as I agreed and continue to agree on shades of grey, and the fact that Russia is obviously pulling some bullshit justifications on Ukraine... But, you got to be kidding using a WW2 comparison, especially since Russia and Germany werent really buttbuddies then, and that Russia used anti-nazi propaganda (which is now re-utilized wrongfully on Ukraine) and pulled their weight toward the end of the third reich.

Oberyn... you have 1 point godwin per post in this thread, do you really believe you are being useful in this debate?

Russia accusations of cookie lovers in Ukraine is bullshit, they dont hold any major influence right now (denying they have minor influence is equally wrong though) we can all agree on that, maybe Dark Blade doesnt but sometimes we dont think the same!
So now, I would like you to stop calling Russia cookie lovers too, and continue to discuss on facts and not who's the best democratic country in the world  :shock:
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 02:35:03 pm by Butan »

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: March 08, 2014, 05:11:40 pm »
+2
Butan you don't get it, the new Ukrainian government imposters are the result of a gay jew neonavisitors can't see pics , please register or login
zvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
i conspiracy, started by a muslim calling intellectuals and students to protest on maidan.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #1310 on: March 08, 2014, 05:14:41 pm »
+4

As much as I agreed and continue to agree on shades of grey, and the fact that Russia is obviously pulling some bullshit justifications on Ukraine... But, you got to be kidding using a WW2 comparison, especially since Russia and Germany werent really buttbuddies then, and that Russia used anti-nazi propaganda (which is now re-utilized wrongfully on Ukraine) and pulled their weight toward the end of the third reich.

Oberyn... you have 1 point godwin per post in this thread, do you really believe you are being useful in this debate?

Russia accusations of cookie lovers in Ukraine is bullshit, they dont hold any major influence right now (denying they have minor influence is equally wrong though) we can all agree on that, maybe Dark Blade doesnt but sometimes we dont think the same!
So now, I would like you to stop calling Russia cookie lovers too, and continue to discuss on facts and not who's the best democratic country in the world  :shock:

Russia since Putin IS a fascist government. You're obviously too ignorant to understand that though. For anyone who wants to actually understand Russia and it's geopolitics in the 21st century, I wholeheartedly encourage them to read this book: it is literally the foundation of the Russian government since Putin. Cut through all the bullshit emotional propaganda and false moral equivalencies. Read this. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foundations_of_Geopolitics
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Yarl

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Yarl
« Reply #1311 on: March 08, 2014, 06:07:26 pm »
+7
Colonel Oberyn/Xant!
(click to show/hide)

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: March 08, 2014, 06:09:06 pm »
+1
Haha I love this image

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: March 08, 2014, 06:30:17 pm »
+1
Butan you don't get it, the new Ukrainian government imposters are the result of a gay jew neonazvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
i conspiracy, started by a muslim calling intellectuals and students to protest on maidan.

Seems legit.

You forgot extra-terrestrial terrorists from Venus wanting to create beachhead to invade Earth, Ukraine being a strategical point for sub-espace entry  :P

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: March 08, 2014, 06:56:56 pm »
+1
Seems legit.

You forgot extra-terrestrial terrorists from Venus wanting to create beachhead to invade Earth, Ukraine being a strategical point for sub-espace entry  :P

My point is the bullshit the russian press is trying to impose to the world is contradictory at the most basic level, calling their enemy both jew and navisitors can't see pics , please register or login
zi. Actually, Berkut were being told they were the anti jew conspiracy police, russians are told the EU wants to make Ukraine gay, and eastern ukrainians are told maidan protesters are nvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
azvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
i.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: March 08, 2014, 07:07:55 pm »
+1
My point is the bullshit the russian press is trying to impose to the world is contradictory at the most basic level, calling their enemy both jew and chocolate chip cookie. Actually, Berkut were being told they were the anti jew conspiracy police, russians are told the EU wants to make Ukraine gay, and eastern ukrainians are told maidan protesters are nazvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
i.

It could sound quite intriguing, but during WW2 a part of the anti-cookie militias in europe who fought to liberate themselves from german occupation, didnt have much love for the jew people.

Being anti-jew and anti-cookie is not incompatible.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 07:11:37 pm by Butan »

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: March 08, 2014, 07:14:28 pm »
+1

It could sound quite intriguing, but during WW2 a part of the anti-cookie militias in europe who fought to liberate themselves from german occupation, didnt have much love for the jew people.

Being anti-jew and anti-cookie is not incompatible.

And that has literally nothing to do with what I've said.

Also read this, it's quite funny seeing RT trying to make it look like Putin has not completely lost his mind (or pretended to do so) during that last conference : http://rt.com/news/putin-statement-ukraine-russia-743/

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: March 08, 2014, 07:19:08 pm »
+1
What I meant is, calling Ukraine both cookie and jew nest is not unbelievable for a part of the population (namely, those who dont like cookie AND jews). I am not discussing the fact its true or not, just that there is nothing to be shocked about for those that dislike both, and those people already existed in the WW2. You can check history of countries that we are talking about right now and their direct neighbours.

Offline Kuujis

• Count
  • Renown: 298
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Midreek_HRE
« Reply #1318 on: March 08, 2014, 07:26:03 pm »
+2
What I meant is, calling Ukraine both cookie and jew nest is not unbelievable for a part of the population (namely, those who dont like cookie AND jews). I am not discussing the fact its true or not, just that there is nothing to be shocked about for those that dislike both, and those people already existed in the WW2. You can check history of countries that we are talking about right now and their direct neighbours.
Why does it look like "everything that fits my view becomes compatible as need be"?  :rolleyes:

Just wake up and wake up your neighbors.

A famous poem by one German http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_they_came_... if applied to EU INACTION towards chocolate chip cookie russia sounds about right.

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: March 08, 2014, 07:49:37 pm »
+1
Yanukovich has this typical dictator's bad taste, however I can only give credit for possessing Horch collectibles and other historic cars.