Poll

Will Putin command further invasion of Ukraine:

He will and he should, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will, but he should not, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will not, because <random witty/boring reason>
Who is mister Putin?

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine  (Read 485506 times)

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine
« Reply #1230 on: March 07, 2014, 01:59:38 pm »
+1

Anyways, shouldn't the Ukrainian military shoot on these "unknown forces", given that precisely they are "unknown" ? It seems weird to me that at least when the invasion began, none of the bases defended themselves against unmarked personnel entering restricted areas.

Moscow are still denying the unmarked troops are theirs. I don't see why the Ukrainian military shouldn't start kicking them out. The only explanation is that o wait...they are Russian.

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: March 07, 2014, 01:59:52 pm »
+3
Anyways, shouldn't the Ukrainian military shoot on these "unknown forces", given that precisely they are "unknown" ? It seems weird to me that at least when the invasion began, none of the bases defended themselves against unmarked personnel entering restricted areas.

They should. And they were eager to shoot but Kiev forbid to use guns not to start a wide war between Russia and Ukraine.

Blocked Ukrainian marines made an open air concert in their military base, used both Russian and Ukrainian songs. Russians said that they liked it lel :lol:

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #1232 on: March 07, 2014, 02:06:13 pm »
+1
How can a nation with a permanent seat on the UN security council condone military intervention in a sovereign state without a UN mandate? It's completely counter to the doctrine of the UN and was the exact reason Putin argued against intervention in Syria.

Furthermore, Russian media states on the one hand that no Russian military forces are in the Ukraine but then goes ahead and states that they have a signed agreement which allows their troops to be in the Ukraine.  Well if there aren't any there then the agreement is irrelevant, so why bring it up?

If a vote to join the Russian Federation had occurred during a time of political stability or when the region wasn't occupied by armed forces (irrelevant of where they are from) it would have legitimacy. Under the current circumstance no governmental authority in the Ukraine can be considered legitimate.
Turtles

Offline Logen

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 385
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: March 07, 2014, 02:11:27 pm »
+3
He's lucky that the Russians didn't just take him and his crew to some alley and shoot them all.
Cause that's what we do all the time.

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: March 07, 2014, 02:12:29 pm »
+1
If a vote to join the Russian Federation had occurred during a time of political stability or when the region wasn't occupied by armed forces (irrelevant of where they are from) it would have legitimacy.

It wouldn't be, it's against Ukrainian Constitution. First of all they would need a panukrainian referendum to change the Constitution to allow such votes and that referendum would never pass.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: March 07, 2014, 02:25:44 pm »
+1
It wouldn't be, it's against Ukrainian Constitution. First of all they would need a panukrainian referendum to change the Constitution to allow such votes and that referendum would never pass.

The thing is, a referendum now will not be legitimate regardless of the Ukrainian Constitution. The "unknown forces" forcing the votes to be public wouldn't even surprise me at this point.

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #1236 on: March 07, 2014, 02:34:57 pm »
+2

this would not have happened if the street patrolled by Russian soldiers, now you see it!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: March 07, 2014, 02:44:13 pm »
+1
this would not have happened if the street patrolled by Russian soldiers, now you see it!

The thing is that this street is patrolled by Russian soldiers, it's the very centre of the city  :lol:

Offline Kuujis

• Count
  • Renown: 298
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Midreek_HRE
« Reply #1238 on: March 07, 2014, 03:04:20 pm »
+1
I choose to read this as an obvious ironic joke, even if someone getting beaten is not very funny :rolleyes: . Thus I will + it! :mrgreen:

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #1239 on: March 07, 2014, 03:14:53 pm »
+1
ya seems like vovka is xanting around a bit in this thread,  still not funny qq!!
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • Renown: 1349
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MolonLave_Garlic
« Reply #1240 on: March 07, 2014, 03:22:44 pm »
+6

lmao they claim to be local crimean defence force. Anyone to believe that is a bloody retard. I like the balls of steel some VICE reporters have.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #1241 on: March 07, 2014, 03:26:37 pm »
+3
those guys in your sig are also local crimean defence force
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: March 07, 2014, 03:27:31 pm »
+9

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #1243 on: March 07, 2014, 03:36:40 pm »
+4
Cause that's what we do all the time.

True, they usually just poison them with polonium instead. The rash of unfortunate poisonings among reporters critical of the government since Putin came to power is just a coincidence.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: March 07, 2014, 03:41:32 pm »
+2
It seems to me that a lot of you forget that we have peace and stability in Germany for easy over 50 years. That is the head-start Germany has.
You seem to expect that you get a similar system and get the same shit in 10 years. What kind of silly equation is that?

(click to show/hide)

Sorry to break your dream but most european countries had the best years of economy the 30 years just after the war, and not 50 years later from the hard work of your grandparents. Thats called the "30 glorieuses" in France, as in the 30 glorious years, where there was a BIG economical boom between 1945 and 1973. Then afterward there was oil crisis, political crisis, market crisis, and Europe is now in the deepest shit since 1930.

Also I dont know what do your image mean? Seeing as France is in a huuuuuuuuge deficit budget for the last twelve years, I dont understand how we have "+2 billions euros" of whatever?
Germany has no headstart, they just made laws for cheap labours and are dumping their economy like mad. Basically countries that does good right now in Europe isnt because of your proverb (a very wise but not adapted to the situation proverb) but because they made some nasty moves to stay "competitive" in the global world.

edit: Conclusion: Noblebeast country could have profited from a huge economical boom after their homes ravaged by ethnic conflicts, but they didnt even profit from one because Europe is so full of shit they cant even give them that. Thus why since the start I'm really like "wow, Ukraine really want to join EU? Poor guys, they dont know whats gonna happen...".

Also, Central Election Commission of Ukraine refused to provide lists of people to make referendum in Crimea possible. So you can only imagine how they will vote: there will be more votes for making Crimea a part of Russia than there are people in Crimea including Russian military forces (like in typical Russia with 146% of votes). Also there is no such thing as local referendum in Ukrainian law and you can't announce such questions there. They also changed dates from 25th of May to 30th of March and to 16th of March recently. So this will be completely illegal and useless.

What did I just read, are you still trying to prove that Maidan revolt was more legal than Crimea took over? Meh.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 03:46:53 pm by Butan »