Poll

Will Putin command further invasion of Ukraine:

He will and he should, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will, but he should not, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will not, because <random witty/boring reason>
Who is mister Putin?

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine  (Read 485236 times)

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine
« Reply #900 on: March 04, 2014, 11:20:22 am »
+3
wat, Vovka.

Vovka probably doesn't know that it's not only forbidden to move outside the base with weapons without personal permission of Ukrainian minister of Defence, it's also forbidden to take any military actions AT ALL. Even if Russia gets invaded by mongols/aliens/robots they can't use their own Black Sea fleet without permission of Ukraine. It's written in the agreement. Nothing to say that Russian military forces broke all possible international laws about passing borders, simply destroyed and captured border points, blocked all Ukrainian military bases in Crimea and blocked a couple of Ukrainian military ships in Crimea.

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #901 on: March 04, 2014, 11:21:01 am »
+1
Jusy to clarify, no idea if it is true or fake, but it is not Ukraine. It's about some past conflicts.
afganistan mb

Vovka probably doesn't know that it's not only forbidden to move outside the base with weapons without personal permission of Ukrainian minister of Defence, it's also forbidden to take any military actions AT ALL. Even if Russia gets invaded by mongols/aliens/robots they can't use their own Black Sea fleet without permission of Ukraine. It's written in the agreement. Nothing to say that Russian military forces broke all possible international laws about passing borders, simply destroyed and captured border points, blocked all Ukrainian military bases in Crimea and blocked a couple of Ukrainian military ships in Crimea.
as we say in Russia
 "Строгость законов компенсируется необязательностью их выполнения"  :P I think u can translate it better than Google translator  :P

I love dat _schizo321437 guy i think he want tell me something  :P

« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 11:28:28 am by Vovka »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: March 04, 2014, 11:23:09 am »
+1
:lol:

This is from the movie about conflict between Russia and Georgia in 2008. You can also see cars with Georgian license plates. I think that they will not let their forces to do the same because people who support them will turn to the opposite side instantly.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #903 on: March 04, 2014, 11:29:07 am »
+2
Funny how a German calls others nazees  :rolleyes:
It's been rather obvious that he's not German... :lol:
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Kuujis

• Count
  • Renown: 298
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Midreek_HRE
« Reply #904 on: March 04, 2014, 11:38:36 am »
+2
<...>
 as we say in Russia
 "Строгость законов компенсируется необязательностью их выполнения"  :P I think u can translate it better than Google translator  :P
<...>
And this is normal to you? If so - you don't need any more brainwashing.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #905 on: March 04, 2014, 11:59:31 am »
+1
Care to translate for us non-kyrilic my old friends? :?
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #906 on: March 04, 2014, 12:02:47 pm »
+1
gtranslate says "Strictness of laws is offset by their performance".

Offline serr

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 293
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wataga
« Reply #907 on: March 04, 2014, 12:04:32 pm »
+5
Severity of our laws is compensated by optionality of its observance

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: March 04, 2014, 12:17:48 pm »
+2
Black Sea Fleet
And you don't see a difference between having a naval base there and having Russian military take control of government buildings and surround Ukrainian military bases and patrol the streets, etc?

It makes absolutely no sense to compare the two.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: March 04, 2014, 12:41:03 pm »
+3
What people like you can`t understand, is that the ancestors of a country fought for one thing, FREEDOM, either yours or theirs.

So when I mention my ancestors, I do it because I take pride of what they did , because they did it for me, they gave their life away for freedom.

I maybe wasnt there, but surely affected my entire life. I don`t expect you to understand this, but thats ok, if war happens again in Serbia, you can meet up with Kafein and Prpavi and watch anime all day long.

I`d still give my life for my country 24/7/365, not for the government, but for my fellow Greeks.

Your fellow Greek are worth this sacrifice and not other fellow humans.

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #910 on: March 04, 2014, 12:54:46 pm »
And you don't see a difference between having a naval base there and having Russian military take control of government buildings and surround Ukrainian military bases and patrol the streets, etc?

It makes absolutely no sense to compare the two.
it's same difference as between peaceful demonstrators and maidansbrotherhood  :P
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 01:26:09 pm by Vovka »

Offline Kuujis

• Count
  • Renown: 298
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Midreek_HRE
« Reply #911 on: March 04, 2014, 01:40:36 pm »
+1
it's same difference as between peaceful demonstrators and maidansbrotherhood  :P

Red herring, and a poor one at that. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignoratio_elenchi#Red_herring

Offline Bob_Ross

• Earl
  • Renown: 394
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Church of PEPE
  • Game nicks: Pope_Thunnus_Obesus_of_PEPE Explosion_of_Tuna Sultan_Tuna_bin_Salmon
« Reply #912 on: March 04, 2014, 02:14:58 pm »
+6

Video from Belbek airbase showing the moment when Russian troops fire warning shots as unarmed Ukrainians approach. Ukrainians respond by breaking into song.
Friendship is like wetting your pants: everyone can see it, but only you can feel its warmth.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: March 04, 2014, 02:16:20 pm »
+4
2 points I would like to discuss:

-On Russia "protecting against chocolate chip cookie/terrorist" pretext:

There was indeed some "nazi" speech on the Maidan tribune and laws proposal that would go toward over the top anti-russian laws, even anti-gay and pro-terrorist group that wanted to continue the revolution with even more blood had some speak time allowed.
BUT there was a loooooot of different people that came and spoke to maidan tribune (and thats normal and good, a real democracy means everyone can speak), and I am pretty sure that the few nazi/terrorist/anti-gay that spoke dont have enough influence in Ukraine to pass their ideas into laws, so it is indeed a nice little fake argument from Russia when they say they want to protect people against them.
BUT  it would be quite naive to say "there is no nazi/terrorist/anti-gay" in the maidan revolution and in the country, there is those kind of people in every country in the world, and for the people to protect themselves against them, they have first to ACKNOWLEDGE that they exist, so please dont say your maidan campaign was a pure snowflake, no revolution is a pure snowflake, you will have to fight against the influence of those you dont agree with even NOW.
One could even say, the worst fighting still have to happen.

-On Crimea/Eastern Ukraine right to change against Kiev laws (or pro-Russian against pro-EU rights):

Like many stated already, it would be very stupid after 50 pages of "GOGO MAIDAN!!!" to use arguments like "There is laws, you cant just change government". Everyone can see that. What Vovka implied is that, maybe even without Russia intervention, pro-russia Ukrainians would have started a counter-maidan revolution, and what would have happened you think? Frankly, I would have loved those "legitimate" pro-EU people in Kiev government to send their policemen in revolted regions and see how they handle their own citizen  :wink: 
But since Russia intervened before even a tiny flame had began to flare, we will never know, and indirectly the Russians have decreased the legitimacy of the pro-russia ukrainians to revolt since they started voicing their mind only after the streets were ripe with unmarked russian soldiers and other pro-russian militias.
BUT even now, even with Russia intervention, you cant say those who overthrown the government in Kiev have more rights than those who overthrown the government in Simferopol, whether they have been helped by an external country or not, the people in the street arent mind-controlled by Putin more than the people at Maidan were mind-controlled by Obama.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #914 on: March 04, 2014, 02:16:32 pm »
+1
Singing at them will make their cold hearts melt and make them leave right  :lol:
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk