Poll

Will Putin command further invasion of Ukraine:

He will and he should, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will, but he should not, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will not, because <random witty/boring reason>
Who is mister Putin?

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine  (Read 485304 times)

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine
« Reply #10395 on: October 13, 2015, 11:53:31 pm »
they studied the path of penetration of fragments rather than the degree of destruction of the fuselage

So Mach 3 is irrelevant?  Lmao  . Smashing into a slow moving passenger jet at 2300 miles per hour is not in the equation anywhere? Flocks of birds have taken down passenger airlines before, probably the most retarded study i've ever seen.

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #10396 on: October 14, 2015, 12:01:16 am »
  So Mach 3 is irrelevant?  Lmao  . Smashing into a slow moving passenger jet at 2300 miles per hour is not in the equation anywhere? Flocks of birds have taken down passenger airlines before, probably the most retarded study i've ever seen.
I hope you have not divided speed of boing with 800 km/h at sound speed in 300 m/s   :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10397 on: October 14, 2015, 12:06:40 am »
The BuK 9M317 surface to air missile shown in the video travels at 2300 mph. Crazy bastards should have known better than to fly over that part of Ukraine though, even though the transponder on the plane would have shown up as a passenger airliner on the BuK's radar... but I don't think there are any professional qualifications required to be a Putling separatist anti-aircraft operator.

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10398 on: October 14, 2015, 12:12:56 am »
Also these territories in the Ukraine that want to be part of Russia, are these mostly historical core Russian lands that were unfairly lost during the breakup of the USSR? Or are they areas that were historically Ukrainian that now have a Russian population majority? I want to hear a Russian opinion on this.

Offline Vovka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10399 on: October 14, 2015, 12:14:31 am »
The BuK 9M317 surface to air missile shown in the video travels at 2300 mph. Crazy bastards should have known better than to fly over that part of Ukraine though, even though the transponder on the plane would have shown up as a passenger airliner on the BuK's radar...
I just clarified, knowing the especially of home schooling in the United States  :)
missle explodes in 1-3 meters away from the target (so its not intended smash into plane) and after detonation fragments fly at a speed of 2 km / s (can not say exactly read for a long time ago)

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10400 on: October 14, 2015, 12:17:38 am »
I just clarified, knowing the especially of home schooling in the United States  :)
missle explodes in 1-3 meters away from the target (so its not intended smash into plane) and after detonation fragments fly at a speed of 2 km / s (can not say exactly read for a long time ago)

Exactly and the spread of the 1600 lb's of shrapnel is then accelerated even faster than 2300mph, it is meant to damage multiple areas of the plane this way, which would easily take out a passenger airlines engines.

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10401 on: October 14, 2015, 12:24:39 am »
At one to 3 meters the pressure wave of the explosion alone must be a considerable force against the hull of the airplane.

Offline Vovka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10402 on: October 14, 2015, 12:29:11 am »
Exactly and the spread of the 1600 lb's of shrapnel is then accelerated even faster than 2300mph, it is meant to damage multiple areas of the plane this way, which would easily take out a passenger airlines engines.
I did not write doctoral theses in physics, but I can assume that after explosion energy missile extinguished and the final speed of the fragments is not the sum of the speed of the projectile + Speed obtained by detonation )
maybe someone will tell for sure. As for those who are to blame, I think that first of all  the one who does not close  fly zone for fear of losing profits.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 12:33:56 am by Vovka »

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10403 on: October 14, 2015, 12:53:30 am »
I did not write doctoral theses in physics, but I can assume that after explosion energy missile extinguished and the final speed of the fragments is not the sum of the speed of the projectile + Speed obtained by detonation )
maybe someone will tell for sure. As for those who are to blame, I think that first of all  the one who does not close  fly zone for fear of losing profits.

It's ridiculous to say that a country can be invaded and that that country is the first one at fault when a civilian airliner is shot down by the invaders.  Nice attempt to deflect the blame.  The primary culprits are the suppliers of the missile system and the ones who launched the missile, the Russians and whatever "volunteers" and separatists used the launcher.  The Dutch also blame Ukraine for not closing the airspace.  However there were dozens or hundreds of flights through that area during the time period this happened.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 01:02:03 am by Turkhammer »

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10404 on: October 14, 2015, 12:59:51 am »

The radar the missile system used to lock on to the passenger Airliner would have received a response and location from the Airliners transponder automatically. It's also possible the pilot set his transponder to standby while crossing into Ukrainian airspace before changing codes, this would show up on radar as an unknown and poof, just a crazy theory though.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 01:16:41 am by Grytviken »

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10405 on: October 14, 2015, 01:08:32 am »
The ones that launched it did not use or did not have long range radar to acquire and interrogate the civilian plane and detect it's transponder.  They probably used  the launcher's fire control radar which is shorter range and just detects a target.  They turned that radar on for short periods, acquired a target and launched with out evaluating it.  They probably never considered the possibility of bringing down an airliner.  They were certainly surprised sounding on the social media transcripts when they discovered their mistake after bragging about bringing down another Ukrainian military plane.

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10406 on: October 14, 2015, 01:38:41 am »
The ones that launched it did not use or did not have long range radar to acquire and interrogate the civilian plane and detect it's transponder.  They probably used  the launcher's fire control radar which is shorter range and just detects a target.  They turned that radar on for short periods, acquired a target and launched with out evaluating it.  They probably never considered the possibility of bringing down an airliner.  They were certainly surprised sounding on the social media transcripts when they discovered their mistake after bragging about bringing down another Ukrainian military plane.

Even very old systems from the 60's were equipped with an identify friend or foe system capable of picking up transponders.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #10407 on: October 14, 2015, 01:22:51 pm »
If Russia had nothing to hide why veto a UN investigation?
Turtles

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #10408 on: October 14, 2015, 07:10:10 pm »
If Russia had nothing to hide why veto a UN investigation?

Because Russia has nothing to hide, all people with logic know this. Thereby it does not need any puny evidence gathered by the american puppets, trying to hide the crimes of their fascist Kiev allies. And what rights you have to speak of russian veto and proofs, you English bulldog. Do you forget English colonial age crimes?

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #10409 on: October 15, 2015, 12:58:27 am »
+1
Pfft, Welsh mate; all we do is dig coal, eat leeks and fuck sheep.
Turtles