Poll

Will Putin command further invasion of Ukraine:

He will and he should, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will, but he should not, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will not, because <random witty/boring reason>
Who is mister Putin?

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine  (Read 485664 times)

Offline DonNicko

• Earl
  • Renown: 367
  • Infamy: 95
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Remont
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Nicko
Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine
« Reply #8625 on: March 19, 2015, 08:35:48 pm »
+1
Tell me what you felt when green men took crimea Nicko.

Putin supports Assad because it is the only ally of RF in the middle east.  I also root for Assad, but for entirely different reasons, the main one being that the alternative is ISIS and other insane religious groups.

US, under their retarded media pressure, supported the maniacs, but most of the weapons and money was given by equally religious maniacs from Qatar and aligned countries.

In the end, you cannot compare Syria and Ukraine.
I didn't compare Syria and Ukraine ever. My conclusion was that USA support terrorists which they need to fight then.
About Crimea, I said it earlier that I don't agree with joining of Crimea. But as I said Russia couldn't lose control of that region. Because USA ships could stay there after that revolution, there was one attempt after USSR fell. IMHO Putin took Crimea just because to save military bases there, and population in Crimea wanted to join Russia, maybe because of russian propoganda. I post here just another point of view, it can be wrong but thinking that your point of view is true is wrong too. As I said before that Conflict in Ukraine is the geopolitical game between Russia and USA.
Just for fun:
In 19 century we learnt French in schools and entered Paris.
In 20 century we learnt German in schools and entered Berlin.
In 21 century we are learning English.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8626 on: March 19, 2015, 09:50:04 pm »
Finish humour sucks
It's not humor.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #8627 on: March 19, 2015, 09:53:06 pm »
In 19 century we learnt French in schools and entered Paris.
In 20 century we learnt German in schools and entered Berlin.
In 21 century we are learning English.

Bwahahahahaha, seriously?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What are you, a russian occupant?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Kuujis

• Count
  • Renown: 298
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Midreek_HRE
« Reply #8628 on: March 19, 2015, 11:12:47 pm »

No, its delusions of grandeur. Or simple delusions.

Any french care to remember, what even would make this joke "trueish"? Because now it sounds like "if you make 4 mistakes in a word "mom" you get a word "beer".

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #8629 on: March 19, 2015, 11:14:43 pm »

soon we will come for your resources!

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8630 on: March 19, 2015, 11:22:45 pm »
* Russians in Ukraine

Probably you know that but here lies one small example of how simplified everybody talks about this whole conflict. There is a difference between Russians in Ukraine and russian speaking Ukrainians. The latter are not Russians only because they speak the russian language. And there is no mandatory connection between the political or geopolitical orientation of one person and his preferred language.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #8631 on: March 20, 2015, 01:44:00 am »
Probably you know that but here lies one small example of how simplified everybody talks about this whole conflict. There is a difference between Russians in Ukraine and russian speaking Ukrainians. The latter are not Russians only because they speak the russian language. And there is no mandatory connection between the political or geopolitical orientation of one person and his preferred language.

Yeah, should have written russian speakers..

Anyway Nicko, good to hear your opinion about crimea.. yet you pull another card which is called "Geopolitics", which defenders of the RF agenda in Ukraine often pull. Somehow it seems like it excuses RF actions in Ukraine, but I don't buy it.

So.. what about Geopolitics? It doesn't make any geopolitical sense either.

Influence, when it comes to the west, means eastern european countries THROWING themselves at EU/NATO. It is EU and NATO that has to put on the brakes and demand they get in shape before they join.

Influence, in RF it means holding territory in the name of separatists, (transnitria, donbass, south ossetia & abkhazia). It means heavy meddling with internal affairs of said countries, heavy propaganda, bought politicians, war. Basically, you have single-handedly chased the whole eastern block to EU/NATO by having nothing to offer but cheap gas.

Geopolitically, RF is nothing. The only thing it has is a vast territory, gas and oil. You don't export anything of value except raw materials and the occasional weapon system. The focus should be to get good deals on said exports, and face the fact that there is still a huge job in fixing your country at home, before you can get competitive.

The Ukraine action has only punished RF and Russians worldwide. Europe is doing all it can to end dependency on Russian gas. Sanctions are in place that are being felt. The careful trust that existed in the post cold war period is gone. The word of RF is worth zero. Especially after all the insane lies coming from official sources and state media during UKR conflict.

For what gain??? Bleeding Ukraine of manpower and resources? Stopping NATO? If anything now NATO are increasing their budgets all over because of russian actions. Keeping crimeas naval base in the smallest ocean in the world? A destroyed and war torn piece of Ukraine? Don't you have enough land already?

IDK how this shit will end, but I don't believe in a bigger war. If anything it will hasten an internal crisis inside Russia that will lead to some kind of change. Anyway though, it won't go down as peacefully as USSR breakup. An optimist can hope for normalization of east west relation, but it will probably cost RF all its gains in Ukraine. Nothing changes, everyone looses.

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline DonNicko

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Remont
« Reply #8632 on: March 20, 2015, 07:29:35 am »
So.. what about Geopolitics? It doesn't make any geopolitical sense either.
Yes, it doesn't if only countries don't prepare for war. I don't want any wars, but Russia and NATO spend a lot of money now to equip army with modern weapon. And gun will shoot one day. IMHO from ukranian conflict there is only one country who gained something. I think you know what country.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8633 on: March 20, 2015, 07:50:24 am »
IMHO from ukranian conflict there is only one country who gained something. I think you know what country.
Oh my fucking god.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #8634 on: March 20, 2015, 08:07:22 am »
I got one more crackpot idea:
With the revival of the cold war and the resulting rearmament/arms race of the major players, the military industries of all sides don't need to entice small wars/military incursions around the world anymore. So the Ukraine conflict is just an act of philanthropy, trying to keep overall casulties low(pretty cynical for the Ukrainians/Russians involved) while ensuring future profit for the arms industry.

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #8635 on: March 20, 2015, 08:19:26 am »
I got one more crackpot idea:
With the revival of the cold war and the resulting rearmament/arms race of the major players, the military industries of all sides don't need to entice small wars/military incursions around the world anymore. So the Ukraine conflict is just an act of philanthropy, trying to keep overall casulties low(pretty cynical for the Ukrainians/Russians involved) while ensuring future profit for the arms industry.
it looks more like a project for utilization of stocks of old military vehicles since World War II in Europe (like Saxons from England and the APC and the T-72 from Poland and Russia)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8636 on: March 20, 2015, 09:50:48 am »
+1
http://belsat.eu/en/articles/crimea-ours-whos-next-moscow-rally-participants-want-poland-finland-belarus-ukraine/

"Ole-ole-ole! Crimea is ours! Let's go for Poland and Finland!" a lot of people chanted.

Putin try to put soldiers in Finland i wait i am very great soldier i can move dark forest and no one cant see me, when my eyes see u soldiers, i hunting u soldiers than maniac and i take them down one by one. Putin i think u are forget to take u medications u need seek help!!! I hate Russian country whole my heart so i am so ready make all my best i can revenge that day Russian steal Finland land lot. I want send Putin dress he need swear that. Damm losers whole Russian country.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Kuujis

• Count
  • Renown: 298
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Midreek_HRE
« Reply #8637 on: March 20, 2015, 10:44:17 am »
Yes, it doesn't if only countries don't prepare for war. I don't want any wars, but Russia and NATO spend a lot of money now to equip army with modern weapon. And gun will shoot one day. IMHO from ukranian conflict there is only one country who gained something. I think you know what country.

Countries preparing for war... lets see...

US - figting already on multiple spots in Middle East, war weariness at home, I can't think of any geopolitical interest in Ukraine (BEFORE the war created by russia), even after russia started the war - it is at best "in the background".
EU - diminished their military spending to no ends, basically a shell of former military strength after Cold War ended.
China - increasing military spending like mad, has overabundance of population just accross the border of under-populated, but resource rich Siberia.

Now, according to the logic or ruskies, lets see who is a threat and who is a friend? :) Thats right - WEST is enemy, China is friend! Congrats comrade.

You would be funny, maybe even like Vovka, but in reality both of you are just sad.

Offline DonNicko

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Remont
« Reply #8638 on: March 20, 2015, 11:39:39 am »
Countries preparing for war... lets see...

US - figting already on multiple spots in Middle East, war weariness at home, I can't think of any geopolitical interest in Ukraine (BEFORE the war created by russia), even after russia started the war - it is at best "in the background".
EU - diminished their military spending to no ends, basically a shell of former military strength after Cold War ended.
China - increasing military spending like mad, has overabundance of population just accross the border of under-populated, but resource rich Siberia.

Now, according to the logic or ruskies, lets see who is a threat and who is a friend? :) Thats right - WEST is enemy, China is friend! Congrats comrade.

You would be funny, maybe even like Vovka, but in reality both of you are just sad.
You can't see geopolitical interests, it is your problem that your TV doesn't say about it. And seems you don't know anything about what a huge cooperation Russia and China have. If China would begin a war, they would destroy Japan first.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #8639 on: March 20, 2015, 11:41:42 am »
Cooperation, like buying gas from ruskies for a fraction of its market value?  :mrgreen:

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!