Poll

Will Putin command further invasion of Ukraine:

He will and he should, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will, but he should not, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will not, because <random witty/boring reason>
Who is mister Putin?

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine  (Read 485188 times)

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine
« Reply #6660 on: September 16, 2014, 08:35:46 am »
+1
That's interesting. http://indian.ruvr.ru/2014_04_21/Russian-Su-24-scores-off-against-the-American-USS-Donald-Cook-5786/
This cool  "science fiction" story emerged from the comments to one of the news on this topic. News itself was about 100 letters, no details about the jamming etc. One user commented on her like this "I think everything was so .... The plane did not have weapons but has super secret sample Jamming of radar systems under the wing. Everything went normally, American radars calculated the speed of the approaching target. And suddenly all the screens went blank. "Aegis" was not working any more, and the rockets could not get target information. Meanwhile, Su-24 flew over the deck of the destroyer, did battle turn and simulated missile attack on the target. Then it turned and repeated the maneuver. And did so 12 times.
 Later this fantasy story from Sofa General  :P mentioned in other news already as expert / source opinion but already without "I think everything was so", and apparently now two months have already translated to English)
 Boldet part is a part of dat comment word-for-word.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2007/08/17/us-russia-airforce-idUSL1745006520070817
"If Russia feels as though they want to take some of these old aircraft out of mothballs and get them flying again, that's their decision," State Department spokesman Sean McCormack told reporters.
a half-year later
http://www.spiegel.de/politik/ausland/pazifik-russische-bomber-ueberfliegen-us-flugzeugtraeger-a-534621.html

« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 09:08:07 am by Vovka »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kuujis

• Count
  • Renown: 298
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Midreek_HRE
« Reply #6661 on: September 16, 2014, 08:50:57 am »
Define "flatlands that doesnt endanger civilian" please.

A flatland that isnt in a 5-10km radius of any civilians? Because artillery is not as accurate as you may believe, or do you think the Ukrainian army is delibaretely chirurgically bombarding places where no rebels lives?

A war with one or more side fighting in a region that includes civilians is by definition "endangering them".
The only way to stop that would be to politely ask everyone to only fight in no man's land and only out of sleeping/eating/transporting arranged cycles.
Again - I'm not sure how, but when russians started bombarding Mariupol - there was NO  evidence of shells/rockets falling IN the city, even if there IS general agreement, that Ukrainian possitions AROUND the city WERE attacked. How is that possible? You tell me. And then tell me, why it is not possible for rebels to arrange, IF they are trying to "save their civilians". And yea yea, this is only an example, and shelling of civilians happened from both sides, etc., and since this is war + shit happens - I don't argue with this. What I want to state and identify is that GIVEN CHOICE of defence locations - Rebels choose populated cities, Ukrainian forces choose outskirts of cities with few if any civilians. Take what you will out of this.

Best quote ever:

That blogger feels the all-out-war president is not the man to lead Ukraine? I guess he's even more pro-war than the pro-warest, or maybe a sore loser, or both.
I sincerely doubt you would consider Poroshenko an all-out-war president, if you were an Ukrainian... As the guy in the article writing about Serbia-Croatia war said - the guy, who said "fuck all, fuck not having weapons, fuck casualties and price we will have to pay, LETS FUCK EVERYONE WHO ATTACKS US TO THE BEST OF OUR ABILIETIES AND THEN SOME" - thats the guy, who is all out war. Giving all the attempts at diplomacy, lack of full mobilization, lack of declaration of war - he is NOT an all-out-war president.

Read his "manifest destiny" if you want to read the most brutally capitalistic warmongering attitude you could ever summon relative to conducting economy/diplomacy/military as an Ukrainian:
(click to show/hide)
That was the most interesting part in the article actually. Some of these are beyong brutual and openly target civilian populace, but I guess that if they don't want your rule - its up to you to give them no bonuses or support. That's why I was asking what local Ukrainians think about these suggestions. I remember asking, whether it would be acceptable to sacrifice Crimea for a chance to "go west", now the price is higher, but the question is still the same I guess.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #6662 on: September 16, 2014, 03:29:15 pm »
Again - I'm not sure how, but when russians started bombarding Mariupol - there was NO  evidence of shells/rockets falling IN the city, even if there IS general agreement, that Ukrainian possitions AROUND the city WERE attacked. How is that possible? You tell me. And then tell me, why it is not possible for rebels to arrange, IF they are trying to "save their civilians". And yea yea, this is only an example, and shelling of civilians happened from both sides, etc., and since this is war + shit happens - I don't argue with this. What I want to state and identify is that GIVEN CHOICE of defence locations - Rebels choose populated cities, Ukrainian forces choose outskirts of cities with few if any civilians. Take what you will out of this.

I would like to know what you know about Mariupol situation. I think you detailed a bit few pages back but I dont find it again.
How is it exactly different than other cities?
Are they only defending outskirts evacuated parts of the place?

I assume the city is not in a state of similar total besieging as Donetsk or Luhansk, is it even a good similar example?

I sincerely doubt you would consider Poroshenko an all-out-war president, if you were an Ukrainian... As the guy in the article writing about Serbia-Croatia war said - the guy, who said "fuck all, fuck not having weapons, fuck casualties and price we will have to pay, LETS FUCK EVERYONE WHO ATTACKS US TO THE BEST OF OUR ABILIETIES AND THEN SOME" - thats the guy, who is all out war. Giving all the attempts at diplomacy, lack of full mobilization, lack of declaration of war - he is NOT an all-out-war president.

I guess there is more extremist view on how war should be conducted IN THE POPULATION, but in the political sphere of actual professional serious politician who have the trust of the people? I classify Poroshenko as quite war enthusiast, with maybe svoboda and few others being as hot-headed. The only people who could be more direct would be having generals as head of state.
Lack of full mobilization? You should look at how many people enlisted in national guard/army these last months!
Attempts at diplomacy? Until very very recently, it was taboo to even speak to russia diplomats except through NATO/UN announcements!
Lack of declaration of war? If it was in their interest they would have done so already, but they dont want to be seen as agressor; even then they are in a state of war already.

I'm not saying its bad, just stating fact.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 03:32:34 pm by Butan »

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #6663 on: September 17, 2014, 12:13:21 am »

Offline Vovka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6664 on: September 17, 2014, 08:51:23 am »

Offline Kuujis

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #6665 on: September 17, 2014, 10:09:37 am »
Rrussia, your masters tell you NOT TO PANIC. So DONT PANIC. There is NOTHING TO PANIC ABOUT.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/ruble-plunges-lows-authorities-tell-112135228.html

*edit: fixed capitalizations... how silly of me to make such a mishtake  :rolleyes:

Offline Vovka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6666 on: September 17, 2014, 10:41:00 am »
Rrussia, your masters tell you NOT TO PANIC. So DONT PANIC. There is NOTHING TO PANIC ABOUT.
*edit: fixed capitalizations... how silly of me to make such a mishtake  :rolleyes:
For today the exchange rate is a political rather than economic indicator. Foreign companies forced to withdraw capital from Russia, now it hurts Russia, but deprives foreign companies profits in the future.

Russia is building a new fleet and restores old military base for the group at the North Pole for the protection of offshore oil, seals and whales. This supposedly big profits in the next 50 years, but not for the american oil companies now ^^. Check who support sanctions more actively , the Baltic countries cos buthurts much, USA in the name of democracy , and Canada because of the competition on the North Pole
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 10:52:35 am by Vovka »

Offline Kuujis

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #6667 on: September 17, 2014, 11:12:11 am »
For today the exchange rate is a political rather than economic indicator. Foreign companies forced to withdraw capital from Russia, now it hurts Russia, but deprives foreign companies profits in the future.

Russia is building a new fleet and restores old military base for the group at the North Pole for the protection of offshore oil, seals and whales. This supposedly big profits in the next 50 years, but not for the american oil companies now ^^. Check who support sanctions more actively , the Baltic countries cos buthurts much, USA in the name of democracy , and Canada because of the competition on the North Pole
True that, BUT however butthurt - russia needs western tech and know-how to extract that profit, so its a double edged sword :P Overall - russia needs to invest A LOT in new tech to extract sufficient amount of gases/oil, otherwise - the cornerstone of russian "extract-sell-eat-repeat" economy might begin to struggle. Can you imagine the dismay of your new far-eastern Chinese overlords? :shock:

Offline Vovka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6668 on: September 17, 2014, 11:22:14 am »
True that, BUT however butthurt - russia needs western tech
u always can steal it  :twisted:

In place of Putin, I would bet on the cooperation with China in the grab development of the moon program and its minerals beauty  :P
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 11:25:30 am by Vovka »

Offline DonNicko

• Earl
  • Renown: 367
  • Infamy: 95
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Remont
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Nicko
« Reply #6669 on: September 17, 2014, 11:30:05 am »

Lol it's better for Russia, if you don't know Russia will control inflation inside the country from 2015 so changes of the ruble won't be so necessary. Only for export we will get more money from export.

In place of Putin, I would bet on the cooperation with China in the grab development of the moon program and its minerals beauty  :P
I think China has already stolen everything :mrgreen:

Offline Kuujis

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #6670 on: September 17, 2014, 11:30:21 am »

That is - until the Kazachstan chooses new orange-revolutionary-nato-planted-leaderdemocratic president and blows upsells to the only bidder (i.e. NATO) your space center, by which time China has already finished stealing everything there was worth stealing from russian tech plants via white trucks suited men with briefcases.

Future is bright! :shock:

Lol it's better for Russia, if you don't know Russia will control inflation inside the country from 2015 so changes of the ruble won't be so necessary. Only for export we will get more money from export.
I think China has already stolen everything :mrgreen:
On the other hand - you can use the extra cash to fund the madman in rule of chechnya, or ship/desalinate water for washing your soldiers pants in crimea, or even maybe start rebuilding eastern Ukraine, which might end up being "your", as putler wished. I think one of these already "ate" the pension raise, which was planned, no?

Also - China didn't steal Siberia yet. YET :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 11:36:12 am by Kuujis »

Offline Vovka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6671 on: September 17, 2014, 11:40:36 am »
That is - until the Kazachstan chooses new orange-revolutionary-nato-planted-leaderdemocratic president and blows upsells to the only bidder (i.e. NATO) your space center, by which time China has already finished stealing everything there was worth stealing from russian tech plants via white trucks suited men with briefcases.
Future is bright! :shock:
On the other hand - you can use the extra cash to fund the madman in rule of chechnya, or ship/desalinate water for washing your soldiers pants in crimea, or even maybe start rebuilding eastern Ukraine, which might end up being "your", as putler wished. I think one of these already "ate" the pension raise, which was planned, no?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vostochny_Cosmodrome
 http://www.themoscowtimes.com/business/article/russia-and-china-pledge-to-use-less-dollars-in-trade-as-economic-ties-deepen/506721.html
aslo they plan build heavy cargo port in the Far East,and improve the rail network on the eastern borders, as they are now overloaded freight trains.
oh and thousands of refugees from the Ukraine already are brought there for work ))

Offline Kuujis

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #6672 on: September 17, 2014, 11:47:28 am »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vostochny_Cosmodrome
 http://www.themoscowtimes.com/business/article/russia-and-china-pledge-to-use-less-dollars-in-trade-as-economic-ties-deepen/506721.html
aslo they plan build heavy cargo port in the Far East,and improve the rail network on the eastern borders, as they are now overloaded freight trains.
That cosmodrome... is it going to be as cool as your Olympic games budget wise?  :mrgreen:

Good building process is a steady and calculated building process... But I wish you and your richproud nation luck.
In November 2012, press reports indicated that the Russian government is having difficulty in finding a good use for the new spaceport, and that other government ministries have been avoiding the project while "calling the project a 'dolgostroi,' which is Russian for an endless construction boondoggle."[25]

Offline Vovka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6673 on: September 17, 2014, 11:49:54 am »
In November 2012, press reports indicated that the Russian government is having difficulty in finding a good use for the new spaceport, and that other government ministries have been avoiding the project while "calling the project a 'dolgostroi,' which is Russian for an endless construction boondoggle."[25]
"press reports according to the source", I know  :P

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berlin_Brandenburg_Airport

iam sure u can find a lot shit like dat in any country, simply needed to have sufficient butthurt to motivate yourself :P
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 11:54:47 am by Vovka »

Offline Kuujis

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #6674 on: September 17, 2014, 12:09:02 pm »
"press reports according to the source", I know  :P

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berlin_Brandenburg_Airport

iam sure u can find a lot shit like dat in any country, simply needed to have sufficient butthurt to motivate yourself :P
whataboutism at its best ;)