Poll

Will Putin command further invasion of Ukraine:

He will and he should, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will, but he should not, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will not, because <random witty/boring reason>
Who is mister Putin?

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine  (Read 485286 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine
« Reply #6255 on: September 06, 2014, 09:10:19 pm »
Really? That's even more stupid than "Our trained para troopers accidentally crossed the border... despite their map, their compass and their GPS."  :lol:
Crossing a border isn't THAT hard to believe. Weird, yeah. Could be a training exercise, whatever. I mean, crossing a border... could happen. But they were 20km into Ukraine... which wouldn't happen. A few hundred meters? Sure. 20km? Nope... and I think the Russians said they weren't on a training exercise (=no GPS, maybe no map/compass) but were in fact a border patrol, which makes it even more lol.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline DonNicko

• Earl
  • Renown: 367
  • Infamy: 95
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Remont
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Nicko
« Reply #6256 on: September 06, 2014, 09:47:39 pm »
(click to show/hide)
Ukrains watch this video and say how brave soldiers of Ukraine
As for me what they did, I don't know what to say, old woman said that she endured WW2, but didn't see such...

Offline Andswaru

• Duke
  • Renown: 554
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • SeaRaider_
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Andswaru
« Reply #6257 on: September 06, 2014, 10:02:20 pm »
She doesnt look old enough to have surivived ww2.... my granny looks alot older than her and she was only a child (8ish at the start) during ww2.
Smells like propaganda video too me.

P.S. Im completely pro no-one both sides are idiots.

Ukraine for believing Russia would let them leave their sphere of influence peacefully especially after Georgia showed Putin wasnt scared of hurting "international feelings".
Russia for been an international bad child again, knowing the US and the rest of the world needs there help in sanactioning countries like Iran and North Korea, so any sancations they suffer wont last too long post conflict so they can do as they please more or less if they are willing to bite the short term pain bullet.
Smooth is the admin NA deserves. Not being that much better, EU deserves Thomek.
[18:25] <@chadz> soon(tm)

Offline DonNicko

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Remont
« Reply #6258 on: September 06, 2014, 10:06:54 pm »
She doesnt look old enough to have surivived ww2.... my granny looks alot older than her and she was only a child (8ish at the start) during ww2.
Smells like propaganda video too me.
Of course they are russian actors
BTW my grandpa born before WW2 and he looks much better then she, gens?

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2236
  • Infamy: 2835
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #6259 on: September 06, 2014, 10:08:45 pm »
Are there any true Ukrainians left? I thought they all died during Holodomor.

Offline Kuujis

• Count
  • Renown: 298
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Midreek_HRE
« Reply #6260 on: September 06, 2014, 11:04:10 pm »
(click to show/hide)
As for me what they did, I don't know what to say, old woman said that she endured WW2, but didn't see such...
WHAT exactly are you trying to justify or prove here? The fact, that if not for your fucked up sheep-nation, there would be no need for a war in a brotherly slav nation? Or the fact, that there are friggin idiots on both sides? Like... do I have to pull out the video about a women tied to a pole and beaten in broad daylight on bogus charges and then proclaim, that the wannabee rebels are "all animals" and russians are all idiots for supporting them?

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #6261 on: September 06, 2014, 11:29:19 pm »
Whole ceasefire business is not going to hold, because russians don't have Mariupol+land route to Crimea at the very least, and there is this guy http://amanpour.blogs.cnn.com/2014/09/05/russian-ambassador-anticipates-liberation-of-mariupol-in-ukraine who says that these people need to be liberated... so.
Ces't la vie (pardon me french  :? ).

I differentiate people giving their opinion on "what best could happen" and what will happen irl.
I guess very pragmatic military leaders think that a land route from Crimea to Russia would be very good, but there is so many parameters to include in the equation that I dont think it will happen 100% chance.

All a ceasefire need to hold is that both side wants it to hold bad enough, in this case I agree there is a lot of possibilities it doesnt but not only from Russia side IMO.
Since NATO summit its clear they are getting ready to kick some russians ass so why not use the pretext of a broken ceasefire to send fast deployable NATO force and repel/crush armed separatists up to the border with Russia and leave with Ukraine 100% in control?

On the singular case of Mariupol, I read that there is a lot of ethnic russian inside, so anything could happen, maybe a maidan or crimea scenario, or just continuation of civil war with expanded contested zone.

Offline DonNicko

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Remont
« Reply #6262 on: September 06, 2014, 11:31:17 pm »
WHAT exactly are you trying to justify or prove here? The fact, that if not for your fucked up sheep-nation, there would be no need for a war in a brotherly slav nation? Or the fact, that there are friggin idiots on both sides? Like... do I have to pull out the video about a women tied to a pole and beaten in broad daylight on bogus charges and then proclaim, that the wannabee rebels are "all animals" and russians are all idiots for supporting them?
There is nothing to prove here, I post what people say about their lives, and you start as always to shittalk. About proclaims, I thought you had already done them :D

Offline Kuujis

• Count
  • Renown: 298
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Midreek_HRE
« Reply #6263 on: September 07, 2014, 01:22:02 am »
There is nothing to prove here, I post what people say about their lives, and you start as always to shittalk. About proclaims, I thought you had already done them :D
You know the sad part? Your posting looks like an attempt to say "but we had to intervene". And I lost you there, because thats BS of putlers order of magnitude.

On the singular case of Mariupol, I read that there is a lot of ethnic russian inside, so anything could happen, maybe a maidan or crimea scenario, or just continuation of civil war with expanded contested zone.
I'm afraid, that after seeing how separatists fighting in the cities acted, neither local russians, nor ukrainians want ANYTHING to do with putlers ambitions and the war he caused.

On a side note - now that Mariupol is being attacked and comparing city defence to how separatists did that - I see one major difference - there is fighting NEAR the town, but not IN the town. Go figure I guess...

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #6264 on: September 07, 2014, 02:02:16 am »
I'm afraid, that after seeing how separatists fighting in the cities acted, neither local russians, nor ukrainians want ANYTHING to do with putlers ambitions and the war he caused.

What acts are you refering to?

On a side note - now that Mariupol is being attacked and comparing city defence to how separatists did that - I see one major difference - there is fighting NEAR the town, but not IN the town. Go figure I guess...

Mariupol is being attacked? I only read about skirmishes/shelling getting close to it and Ukraine reinforcing the city.
Especially since ceasefire, I think nothing big happened yet. If I'm wrong please share with me articles.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #6265 on: September 07, 2014, 09:10:45 am »
(click to show/hide)
That is not what you're doing there.
You post some fancy video of an old lady saying something and then you comment on it in a weighted manner. "brave soldiers of Ukraine" is obviously sarcasm. So do not complain when people react with sarcasm too.
Besides, is it really so unthinkable that some TV unit came to her house and told her "Here, have 1000 Rubel and tell us something juicy about them." You really think she would say no?
She might be saying the truth, I won't deny that. Unfortunately neither of us actually knows.

All that leads to a "shove it up your ass"-situation, I guess. :wink:
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline DonNicko

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Remont
« Reply #6266 on: September 07, 2014, 01:05:28 pm »
+2
That is not what you're doing there.
You post some fancy video of an old lady saying something and then you comment on it in a weighted manner. "brave soldiers of Ukraine" is obviously sarcasm. So do not complain when people react with sarcasm too.
Besides, is it really so unthinkable that some TV unit came to her house and told her "Here, have 1000 Rubel and tell us something juicy about them." You really think she would say no?
She might be saying the truth, I won't deny that. Unfortunately neither of us actually knows.

All that leads to a "shove it up your ass"-situation, I guess. :wink:
I had a little bit of sarcasm, it's true, it was made by ukranian journalist not for TV, there is no naazis in Ukraine but those were acting like them, and of course there will be no accusation from their government. Nice to see people who can't change anything in the mind, they believe what they prefer to believe. And this people call some others brainwashed.

Offline Zhyang

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: -
« Reply #6267 on: September 07, 2014, 02:16:39 pm »
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 05:47:31 pm by Zhyang »

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #6268 on: September 07, 2014, 03:01:59 pm »
+1
Can someone pls tell me whats going on ? Is there  a war incoming? Or already war?maybe a  summary?
war is over russia won
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #6269 on: September 07, 2014, 03:11:18 pm »
+1
war is over russia won