Poll

Will Putin command further invasion of Ukraine:

He will and he should, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will, but he should not, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will not, because <random witty/boring reason>
Who is mister Putin?

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine  (Read 485539 times)

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine
« Reply #6135 on: September 02, 2014, 11:45:34 am »
Take it with a grain of salt but it just sounds too probable he actually said it...

Putin told Barroso he could 'take Kiev in two weeks'
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #6136 on: September 02, 2014, 12:18:23 pm »
Take it with a grain of salt but it just sounds too probable he actually said it...

Putin told Barroso he could 'take Kiev in two weeks'

it was more of a "if I wanted to, I would have taken Kiev for two weeks" but it so boring so better use " I want take Kiev and will do it for 2 weeks, right after strategic nuclear pinpoint strikes"
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 325
  • Infamy: 2618
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #6137 on: September 02, 2014, 12:27:10 pm »
Yeah he said that. Lost contact with reality tbh. Luckily for him, there are other parties involved who won't be so eager to watch Russia going down big style even if they aren't exactly allies. If NATO pwns Russia that sends the clear message to other "superpowers" they could be next if they don't follow instructions. And no one wants to be belittled and controlled. Believe that's the main reason there's no world wide conflict, rather than nuclear weapons. Soldiers can be stupid at times and following orders but I find it hard to believe any of them would push the button on nuclear attack when told by superiors. Happened in WWII because those dudes probably didn't exactly know what they were carrying in their planes.

Not even sure that Putin realize this isn't him vs the rest of world but rather Russia and the likes vs organized western world called NATO. He's probably delusional enough at this point to think "he'll pwn them all by himself, Governator style". But no matter how delusional he is, Russians won't turn his back on him. Not because he's particularly capable or awesome or anything positive really but because they are Russians. If his own kin, rich criminals who are now called oligarchs in attempt to preserve their fortune, try to replace Putin with someone western friendly, we could see history repeating and their heads on the Red Square (another Bolshevik like revolution). People who live good and fruitful life can't understand how miserable people feel, you can't rationalize it. Majority people in Russia live bad life and are super poor and can't afford decent living. Only thing they have left at this point is that thing of the past, where they were considered superpower everyone feared. They will sacrifice their lives and lives of their children if someone takes that away from them. They don't even need Putin for that, if he fails they'll find another one.

In recap, Putin might be madman but ordering nuclear arsenal to fire won't go through because there are still rational people on the top who won't agree just like were during Cuban missile crisis. Even soldiers won't do that, despite their indoctrination. They live better than average life in Russia. But milions of jobless and desperate people, give them the red button and world will be over in a second. That is what west should fear.

Offline Vovka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6138 on: September 02, 2014, 01:32:06 pm »
Yeah he said that. Lost contact with reality tbh. Luckily for him, there are other parties involved who won't be so eager to watch Russia going down big style even if they aren't exactly allies. If NATO pwns Russia that sends the clear message to other "superpowers" they could be next if they don't follow instructions. And no one wants to be belittled and controlled. Believe that's the main reason there's no world wide conflict, rather than nuclear weapons. Soldiers can be stupid at times and following orders but I find it hard to believe any of them would push the button on nuclear attack when told by superiors. Happened in WWII because those dudes probably didn't exactly know what they were carrying in their planes.

Not even sure that Putin realize this isn't him vs the rest of world but rather Russia and the likes vs organized western world called NATO. He's probably delusional enough at this point to think "he'll pwn them all by himself, Governator style". But no matter how delusional he is, Russians won't turn his back on him. Not because he's particularly capable or awesome or anything positive really but because they are Russians. If his own kin, rich criminals who are now called oligarchs in attempt to preserve their fortune, try to replace Putin with someone western friendly, we could see history repeating and their heads on the Red Square (another Bolshevik like revolution). People who live good and fruitful life can't understand how miserable people feel, you can't rationalize it. Majority people in Russia live bad life and are super poor and can't afford decent living. Only thing they have left at this point is that thing of the past, where they were considered superpower everyone feared. They will sacrifice their lives and lives of their children if someone takes that away from them. They don't even need Putin for that, if he fails they'll find another one.

In recap, Putin might be madman but ordering nuclear arsenal to fire won't go through because there are still rational people on the top who won't agree just like were during Cuban missile crisis. Even soldiers won't do that, despite their indoctrination. They live better than average life in Russia. But milions of jobless and desperate people, give them the red button and world will be over in a second. That is what west should fear.
u drunk again? in the midle of the day!?

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #6139 on: September 02, 2014, 01:34:27 pm »
it was more of a "if I wanted to, I would have taken Kiev for two weeks" but it so boring so better use " I want take Kiev and will do it for 2 weeks, right after strategic nuclear pinpoint strikes"
Maybe you should look up the word "could" in a dictionary. Just saying...
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Vovka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6140 on: September 02, 2014, 02:17:55 pm »
Maybe you should look up the word "could" in a dictionary. Just saying...
would suggest it to Google as a better translation! thank you old man!

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6141 on: September 02, 2014, 02:19:09 pm »
In recap, Putin might be madman but ordering nuclear arsenal to fire won't go through because there are still rational people on the top who won't agree just like were during Cuban missile crisis.
You're really far removed from reality if you really think that. The order would definitely go through, even if they have to shoot the first one to refuse.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vovka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6142 on: September 02, 2014, 02:32:09 pm »
So Putin and his team of criminals (aka the oligarchs), whose wealth (paper money, factories, ships), will burn first in a nuclear mushroom, eager to unleash a nuclear war, then hide in a bunker, where they will be killed and the government seized the most authoritative officer of Service security, you idiots? and who's brainwashed.

I understand that for some of the greatest value of is a collection of baseball cards, and must give credit to the next 30 years, war is not the worst end of life, but those who have received billions wants world war  in the last turn. I have mean a real world war, and not WW2 like
 in any case, start dig bunkers and learn the duck and cover song for children  :P

P.S. can not wait for Friday day sanctions! it's as if someone fuck.ed your girlfriend and you're offended at him and do not talk a year.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 02:41:34 pm by Vovka »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 207
  • Infamy: 750
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #6143 on: September 02, 2014, 03:18:37 pm »
Nah. I said that oligarchs aren't happy with current situation and that they could try coup. Putin seems very distanced from everyone else, at least that's what reports say. Oligarchs don't want nuclear war but they could welcome conventional one where they could earn money. Russians, on the other hand can only lose in conventional war and would rather see earth inhabitable then losing a little bit of dignity they have left.

Situation is pretty tight in many post soviet countries. But no one can try a revolution before Russians start it. You don't understand your own history very well if you think that your people will bend indefinitely and not snap at one point. Russians have always lived differently, which is something most westerners don't understand. But try to enslave them, take their dignity and national pride... and you got yourself in war with them. Many tried, many failed.

And oligarchs are nothing but soviet era criminals who were helped by foreign powers to steal everything millions of people worked for decades. Putin and his band of oligarchs are indeed romanticizing idea of Tzarist Russia, but I'm sure Russian people are still communists at heart. They fully support what Putin is currently doing because they see it in another light. He's doing as retaliation to sanctions, but they see it as communist style lock down which is what they basically want. They've seen what kind of life capitalism brought them and realized it ain't any better then what they had during Soviet era.

Hard to explain that to Russian nationalist who's probably well situated, living in Moscow city center, playing games and studying on prestigious university. But those less fortunate who have nothing to look at because everything their grandparents worked their asses is stolen by group of thieves, they do understand this very well.

Offline Kuujis

• Count
  • Renown: 298
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Midreek_HRE
« Reply #6144 on: September 02, 2014, 04:48:21 pm »
So Putin and his team of criminals (aka the oligarchs), whose wealth (paper money, factories, ships), will burn first in a nuclear mushroom, eager to unleash a nuclear war, then hide in a bunker, where they will be killed and the government seized the most authoritative officer of Service security, you idiots? and who's brainwashed.

I understand that for some of the greatest value of is a collection of baseball cards, and must give credit to the next 30 years, war is not the worst end of life, but those who have received billions wants world war  in the last turn. I have mean a real world war, and not WW2 like
 in any case, start dig bunkers and learn the duck and cover song for children  :P

P.S. can not wait for Friday day sanctions! it's as if someone fuck.ed your girlfriend and you're offended at him and do not talk a year.

My god, shits getting serious if even Vovka becomes serious...

On a side note - there definitely IS a reason, why launching a nuclear weapon requires multiple levels of authorization and agreement. E.g.
see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasili_Arkhipov. I really hope russia just packs her shit and goes back to repressing unhappy population INSIDE it, instead of exporting their BS to other countries. But yea... hopes are what paves road to hell.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #6145 on: September 02, 2014, 05:04:14 pm »
I wonder if anything similar is going to pop up soon in areas like Kazakhstan or so.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6146 on: September 02, 2014, 05:06:43 pm »
The Barroso quote, well i think this was taken out of context. It sounds more like "if we really support the terrorist, then we would capture Kiev in two weeks.".

Anyway, the whole affair sounds like the cold war now. Every faction says that the others are the aggressor and everyone insist that their view is right.
Hell, even my president starts to build up the new/old concept of the enemy.

PS:
Aww, crap Fidel has joined the other side. No more vacations in Cuba i guess.

Offline Vovka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6147 on: September 02, 2014, 05:28:58 pm »

obay to civil defenc worker bitch!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 06:13:46 pm by Vovka »

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6148 on: September 02, 2014, 05:36:07 pm »
oww, thats another problem for me, russian humour.
most of the time it looks quite aggressiv but sometimes i wonder if they only try to be funny.

Offline Kuujis

• Count
  • Renown: 298
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Midreek_HRE
« Reply #6149 on: September 02, 2014, 05:43:19 pm »
oww, thats another problem for me, russian humour.
most of the time it looks quite aggressiv but sometimes i wonder if they only try to be funny.
I know one russian humor:
Once stalin was asked by visiting foreign journalist, whether he knows any jokes about himself made by russian people. He said - OFCOURSE I do, I actually collect them. I have several labor camps in Siberia full of them!  8-)