Poll

Will Putin command further invasion of Ukraine:

He will and he should, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will, but he should not, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will not, because <random witty/boring reason>
Who is mister Putin?

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine  (Read 485512 times)

Offline DonNicko

• Earl
  • Renown: 367
  • Infamy: 95
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Remont
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Nicko
Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine
« Reply #5700 on: August 17, 2014, 12:05:31 pm »
I don't see news about the west, only about Ukraine, sometimes I see the news that western countries want to make new sanctions that's all. I don't read sites like pravda.ru twitter, vkontakte and so on because they are not mass media. Don't use them. They are fake and shit watch official mass media of Russia.

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #5701 on: August 17, 2014, 12:18:57 pm »
I don't see news about the west, only about Ukraine, sometimes I see the news that western countries want to make new sanctions that's all. I don't read sites like pravda.ru twitter, vkontakte and so on because they are not mass media. Don't use them. They are fake and shit watch official mass media of Russia.
any media is shit  :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #5702 on: August 17, 2014, 03:36:42 pm »
OMG two guys in the volunteer battalion have TATTOOS! END OF THE WORLD!

God you're retarded, Murmillus, truly.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=db9_1408277286

Hmm.. More than two guys with tattoos here for the N azi cause..
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline Dark_Blade

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 100
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Dark_Blade, Fallen_Templar_the_Grey, Jeric_Whistlebone
« Reply #5703 on: August 17, 2014, 04:08:48 pm »
also i do like how people dont pay attention at red&black stuffs floating around since maydan. ofcourse blue&yellow is more popular but still...

the only good thing has been done from all this "revolution" is more people learned the hymn of their country. however our hymn sux, its definitely not passing to be hymn of anything

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5704 on: August 17, 2014, 04:15:55 pm »
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=db9_1408277286

Hmm.. More than two guys with tattoos here for the N azi cause..
Why are they na zis? I dont see any sw astikas. All I see is the Ukrainan flags and Ukraine coat of arms with the words Smert Vorogam. Wtf is up with this na zishit? By what grounds is the government na zi. I still dont get it. Only one party has actual few fa scists in their ranks and even that one had very few seats in the parlament overall. Nationalism is not fas cism or na zism.

Offline Dark_Blade

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5705 on: August 17, 2014, 04:54:35 pm »
Why are they na zis? I dont see any sw astikas. All I see is the Ukrainan flags and Ukraine coat of arms with the words Smert Vorogam. Wtf is up with this na zishit? By what grounds is the government na zi. I still dont get it. Only one party has actual few fa scists in their ranks and even that one had very few seats in the parlament overall. Nationalism is not fas cism or na zism.
ukrainian coat of arms? this red&black is coat of arms? you must be missing something...

for being correct its nationalists-radicals. i dont like to call them as chocolate chip cookie because people can understand it wrong but thats kind of it

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #5706 on: August 17, 2014, 05:03:00 pm »
While Murm accusations can not convince you on that particular video/argument; I hope it doesnt make you forget that there is ample evidence of the presence of a nazi branch in the military and law enforcement in Ukraine, especially in all the counter-insurgency special groups created by the government to deal with the rebels.

Politically, svoboda and right sector and other extreme right-wing paramilitary groups have not been able to win legitimacy after Maidan success, despite them having done part of the work toward success.
The result of the presidential election in Ukraine showed that Svoboda and right sector and other nationalist groups didnt exceed 3% of the votes!

Unfortunately, when we talk about joining the national guard and other government agencies which recruited en masse after the beginning of the unrest in Eastern Ukraine, it seems those 3% of the people were happy to help. Extremists and nationalists love to fight exterior forces.

I'm guessing than a big chunk of the civilian groups under the juridiction of the Ministry of Internal Affairs are not the most reasonable bunch and are being used by the government because they are more than happy to go in the thick of battle and do damages, or to patrol the internal network of Ukraine intimidating the people. The problem is both ideological and moral, since those groups are not only brutally efficient against the russian-backed rebels, eagerly dying for their country, but are also the ones committing abductions/rapes/murders alongside their rebel counterpart.
The Ukrainian government doesnt have control on those people they have given weapons and power to enforce the law.
After the insurgency is over, those people that have built the independance of their country, as with Maidan, will yet again have been sacrificed just to be removed afterward.

The problem is two-fold : those people might infiltrate the power in Ukraine too deep to be removed this time; and if a cleaning operation is undergone, it might start another unrest or at least a political unstability which will be detrimental to the future of Ukraine.

This is why I believe the Ukrainian people is not politically dominated by radical nationalism and neo-nazism, but radical nationalism and neo-nazism has played a part in Maidan and the counter-insurgency in the east, and is a help AND threat to the Ukrainians that I hope they are aware of.

To conclude, while I think nationalism is naturally increasing when a country is in a state of war, I think the Ukrainian people is still a healthy of mind people, capable of building their country, with or without Europe or Russia, but there is obstacles on your path and I hope you will avoid them. What I think are the biggest threats (except losing integrity of the country thanks to Russia, which is a greater threat at the moment and conceals other important matters) is being locked in Europe both politically and economically with no opportunity to ever leave it even if they only offer bad deals, and rampant right-wing and left-wing extremism which could potentally use the war to take control of various branches of the government.

Best luck to you and dont stop fighting for the good of your country.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 05:09:01 pm by Butan »

Offline Dark_Blade

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5707 on: August 17, 2014, 05:26:15 pm »
about nationalists.
we everyone knows why nationalism is not cool and all this stuff but the truth of life is radicals are more useful for their country.
I dont know anything about Svoboda and this war since Right Sector became more popular. about Right Sector - Yarosh is fighting on the east as a soldier unlike almost every fegit who we've been seeing on tv at last 9 months. Lyashko. I just hate this asshole and i wish him to die with suffering as soon as possible BUT he is providing resources to his battalion on the east and seems he does almost as much things as the government does. from my cousin(who mas a marine in Pheodosia and now he is in Nikolaev) i know that is Lyashko is the one and only respected politician for soldiers.

imo the only reason why ukrainians dont fall into nationalism is  one simple thing - people do care about themselfs too much but nationalism requires self-sacrifice and thats it.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #5708 on: August 17, 2014, 05:29:20 pm »
It's ridiculous to expect to get rid of the whole right-wing while fighting a civil war. Even w/o the civil war the bullshit Russia is pulling on the Ukraine atm, it would be still ridiculous to expect them to get rid of the right-wing over night.
There is one single point where legitimate criticism would have been appropriate and that was the voting - oh what a surprise, they barely got any votes.

There is no reason atm to assume that the right wing IS a problem for the Ukraine. It might become one but right now they might have more pressing matters at hand. So talking about that is pretty silly...

Maybe that's the reason why Thomek gets mentioned and you don't, Butan. You're writing silly things.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5709 on: August 17, 2014, 05:33:12 pm »
+1
for being correct its nationalists-radicals. i dont like to call them as chocolate chip cookie because people can understand it wrong but thats kind of it

Than isnt it kinda ironic its Russia that calls their nationalistic-radicalism bad, while tbh Russia itself utterly supports any nationlism and radicals and its actions, aslong as its pro-russian nationalism.

Offline Dark_Blade

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5710 on: August 17, 2014, 06:01:35 pm »
there are a difference between their skin-heads and nationalistic active people. in russia. its just like things in my country. people are not really supporting expecive chocolate cookies but our patriots are quite radical.
however i dont give a fuck about russia cuz i live NOT in Russia and not going to.
the sad thing in ukrainina patriotism is its more like anti-Russian move than pro-Ukrainian move

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #5711 on: August 17, 2014, 06:55:23 pm »
+2
...a cuz i live NOT in Russia and not going to.
you do not need to go anywhere) Russia itself will come to you)

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #5712 on: August 17, 2014, 07:03:41 pm »
however i dont give a fuck about russia cuz i live NOT in Russia and not going to.

You sure? :)

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline DonNicko

• Earl
  • Renown: 367
  • Infamy: 95
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Remont
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Nicko
« Reply #5713 on: August 17, 2014, 07:06:18 pm »
+3
the sad thing in ukrainina patriotism is its more like anti-Russian move than pro-Ukrainian move

Offline Yarl

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Yarl
« Reply #5714 on: August 17, 2014, 07:18:36 pm »
Madness :)
Will CNN show dat lovely event?

Только представьте если что-то подобное произойдет в России сейчас, сколько было бы тут слюней от местных геополитиков диванных ахахха