Poll

Will Putin command further invasion of Ukraine:

He will and he should, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will, but he should not, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will not, because <random witty/boring reason>
Who is mister Putin?

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine  (Read 485307 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine
« Reply #5265 on: August 06, 2014, 11:50:39 pm »
It's amazing that the Russian government managed to find a response that would have a larger impact on its own population than the international community sanctions against Russia.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5266 on: August 07, 2014, 12:20:38 am »
It's amazing that the Russian government managed to find a response that would have a larger impact on its own population than the international community sanctions against Russia.
Is it, though? ANYTHING they do is going to have a larger impact on themselves than the international community.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5267 on: August 07, 2014, 01:03:55 am »
Is it, though? ANYTHING they do is going to have a larger impact on themselves than the international community.

What I was saying is that the international sanctions had only a small impact on the Russian population. And I expect those Russian government bans to have a larger impact on the Russian population than the international sanctions.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5268 on: August 07, 2014, 02:10:48 am »
What I was saying is that the international sanctions had only a small impact on the Russian population. And I expect those Russian government bans to have a larger impact on the Russian population than the international sanctions.
Yes, but what are they going to do? To do anything big enough to have an effect on the international community, they'll have to hurt themselves, badly.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5269 on: August 07, 2014, 02:13:06 am »
Sadly Russia has a long tradition of treating their own people the worst.

Offline Kuujis

• Count
  • Renown: 298
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Midreek_HRE
« Reply #5270 on: August 07, 2014, 08:44:12 am »
+1
Sadly Russia has a long tradition of treating their own people the worst.
Vovka - did you already pick a neighboring EU country for your grand shopping needs? Because I see a HELL LOT of russians in Vilnius and Klaipėda doing their shopping en-masse. Even the friggin anouncements on the speakers in the shopping malls are bilingual these days... :?

EDIT: And to keep this on topic

EDIT2: I would be DAMN interested to hear, what russians thing about outlooks like this: www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/comment/ambroseevans_pritchard/11017413/Vladimir-Putins-pointless-conflict-with-Europe-leaves-it-a-vassal-of-China.html
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 09:05:37 am by Kuujis »

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #5271 on: August 07, 2014, 09:01:53 am »
+2
Vovka - did you already pick a neighboring EU country for your grand shopping needs? Because I see a HELL LOT of russians in Vilnius and Klaipėda doing their shopping en-masse. Even the friggin anouncements on the speakers in the shopping malls are bilingual these days... :?
EDIT: And to keep this on topic
it's just awful! Millions of people took to the streets of St. Petersburg! they all shout "Putin huylo" beat car made ​​in Russia, blacks and Jews. Require Latvian and Estonian sprats and potatoes. In my eyes they caught officials stripped him and unrolled by paver!
I will keep you informed on the progress of Holodomor in Russia, and now I have to run, I need to have time to buy 5 boxes of sardines, a week later I will change it to the jewelry and iPhones
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline DonNicko

• Earl
  • Renown: 367
  • Infamy: 95
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Remont
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Nicko
« Reply #5272 on: August 07, 2014, 09:56:16 am »
I have never seen western products in my city. Damn now I will never see them, stupid sanctions 8-)

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #5273 on: August 07, 2014, 10:08:30 am »
+1
Doubt that's a healthy mind set for a populace tho and you make it sound like it is... :rolleyes:

I never said that one or the other is healthy, that's just in your head. I was just stating an opinion, having in mind how the political system in Russia works, historical lessons and prevailing mindset.

It may be a cultural reality (russian being tougher) but it could also be a fabrication of the minds... I'm not sure if they would fare that much better if the reality was as you depicted (living standard dropping both sides).

It has nothing to do with being tougher. The fact is that the Russian people is used to suffering and never really had any period of real prosperity in their history. There are a lot of people like that, a fact that is very difficult for someone from the West to understand. Same goes for Ukrainians, for example.

Being probably only one on this topic that actually lives in a country that went through both war and international sanctions I can tell you that in terms of support to Putin's politics, this can backfire. Because it would give immense tools for propaganda and population may actualy support their leader even more. Especially if they believe that he is trying to protect their poor country agains international conspiracy that has a goal to enslave them and take their resources. And anyone saying differently can easily be branded as a traitor to national interests.

My point being, sanctions wont achieve anything.
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #5274 on: August 07, 2014, 10:14:16 am »
Germany could reverse the rash decision to cut it's nuclear power plants. [...]
Why should we? There is not one single good reason to do so.
Renewable energy provides over 30% of the whole energy consumption in Germany. That is the single biggest block sorted by production. Nuclear energy is 3rd place.
Germany exports energy for 3.8 billion and imports for 1.9 billion. Tendency raising...
There is simply no reason as long as there is TWh export going on.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5275 on: August 07, 2014, 11:27:30 am »
My point being, sanctions wont achieve anything.
Again, says you, based on nothing but "I feel like..."
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #5276 on: August 07, 2014, 12:53:45 pm »
+1
Russians retaliatory sanctions on the EU, although may harm the Russian economy will not sink it. Russia's economy is stronger than many EU states and the less the EU export and the higher the energy prices of the energy imported by the EU the greater it  would have a direct negative impact on any purported crawling EU economic recovery. When people point out Russia's economy will this and that they forget the state of our own economies and under-estimate the harm our own governments actions will have on us all, by forcing Russia into a retaliatory position.

The global economy is in no fine shape to be messed around with, unfortunately that's what the E.U, U.S and Russia in retaliation are now doing, messing with the global economy and threatening economic recovery across the board.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 12:57:48 pm by Murmillus_Prime »
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5277 on: August 07, 2014, 03:43:32 pm »
whole manufacture are designed for a specific type and brand of energy carrier and you're trying to say that a switching from gas or oil to another source of energy, about the same as to change the supplier of meat / vegetables / equipment / medicines (insert your own). Anyway http://rt.com/news/178484-putin-russia-sanctions-agriculture/
Hope tomorrow EU will ban import gas and oil from russia for 1 year   :P
I didnt say it was the same. I just stated that both will suffer. Which isnt a false statement. And dont overexaggerate. The only part of the entire manufacturingcircle that needs to do any kind of switching at all is the powerplants. The other parts of the circle, that manufacture actual goods, only need electricity. To everybody else it doesnt matter if its by coal, gas or nuclearenergy aslong as it is electricity.

Offline Kuujis

• Count
  • Renown: 298
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Midreek_HRE
« Reply #5278 on: August 07, 2014, 04:05:15 pm »
Хорошо, что Крым наш. Его и будем есть в холодные зимы— Никотинка с Бровями (@Yoghikitt) August 6, 2014

Россия встаёт с колен и бежит в Беларусь за картошкой, молоком и сгущёнкой!— РБ головного мозга (@belamova) August 6, 2014

«Рейтинг Путина вырос до 87%».
Да вообще жрать запретите — этот народ ещё в жопу расцелует.— Вязаный Твитер (@twitted_knitter) August 6, 2014

Новое меню в ресторане Ксении Собчак "Бублик". Карпаччо из лопухов, кора осины на пару и десерт замороженная вода.— Николай Полозов (@Moscow_advokat) August 6, 2014

Следующий шаг - законопроект об ежегодном отборе двух несовершеннолетних жителей каждого субъекта РФ для участия в реалити-шоу на Первом.— Хуевый Эмигрант (@ReggaeMortis1) August 6, 2014

Since "Pervoj" is not being shown where I live - please share youtube links, once the show starts?

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #5279 on: August 07, 2014, 04:37:02 pm »
MURRICA! :lol:
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.