Poll

Will Putin command further invasion of Ukraine:

He will and he should, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will, but he should not, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will not, because <random witty/boring reason>
Who is mister Putin?

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine  (Read 485576 times)

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine
« Reply #4230 on: June 03, 2014, 10:19:53 am »
That it was a case of someone shooting from a grenade launcher at an administrative building and not much more details provided.
Random youtube clip tries to paint this as an attack by Ukraine jets? That jet fired numerous rockets and the video shows only one damaged window and a bunch of torn down leaves/branches, zero craters, which would be expected of rockets... I would say thus, that these are different events. You?  :rolleyes:
Pity about wounded/dead, but once you pick up a gun - you are a target. russia and putler define these as terrorists in russia, and does this to them:
i think its pro UA pilot instead just launch rocked also used his gun. If u checked last video alot ppls with broked legs so expl was on the ground heir arms is fine, aslo on video "shot from park version"
in slowmove u can also see expl right on road.

and again if u use chechnia as argument read about 1991-1994 before 1st chechen war even happend pls
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 10:35:13 am by Vovka »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kuujis

• Count
  • Renown: 298
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Midreek_HRE
« Reply #4231 on: June 03, 2014, 11:24:53 am »
i think its pro UA pilot instead just launch rocked also used his gun. If u checked last video alot ppls with broked legs so expl was on the ground heir arms is fine, aslo on video "shot from park version"
in slowmove u can also see expl right on road.

and again if u use chechnia as argument read about 1991-1994 before 1st chechen war even happend pls

I think I was talking about different incident, sorry.

In this case there seems to be ONE explosion, not multiple, which again is not compatible with multiple rockets fired by the plane. In the "vertical video" (sic), which seems to be from the park - the plane had to dive nose down to hit a target few hundred meters away from supposed location. Plus - call me naive, but I believe you bomb cities with civilians only in russia by the command of putler, as during the second war in Chechnya. So call me naive - but I hardly believe the UA pilot would be shooting multiple unguided rockets into the middle of town. AND - having in mind, that there WAS fighting nearby (at some border control unit or another) - that might have been the target. What our news wrote is that some midget from the separatists side misfired a AA rocket, which then resulted in multiple wounded and dead. From the videos - I can't tell which is right.

Oh, and about wars in Chechnya, I read a bit more than I care to spend time on this - point me to anything specific, which would make the whole war against internal separatist in russia different from the anti-terrorist operation in Ukraine. I can't find the relevant lines. Sorry  :rolleyes:

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #4232 on: June 03, 2014, 01:07:58 pm »
+3
If the world were in the medieval times and you still had gates/walls defending cities. If Russia would invade France, Butan is the guy who would open the gate for them.

Lul

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4233 on: June 03, 2014, 01:14:49 pm »
I would open the gate to sally forth and destroy their forward spawn  :P

Here its a little bit different, its not country vs country but a civil war. Ofc those that supports the government will always say the rebels are spies/terrorists/foreigners and undermine the nature of the unrest... nothing new under the sun.
If France was in a civil war I would open the gate to those who would help me destroy the side I'm fighting against.

Pity about wounded/dead, but once you pick up a gun - you are a target. russia and putler define these as terrorists in russia, and does this to them:

I see guys strolling by a park leisurely and cars driving in and out : where do you see someone with a gun?

Also, once you begin argumenting that "Putler" did the same, you show as someone who has 0 arguments left  :rolleyes: and you also indirectly accuse Kiev of being as ruthless as their #1 enemy.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 01:20:46 pm by Butan »

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #4234 on: June 03, 2014, 02:58:51 pm »
I don't know much about politics, about what happens in Ukraine etc. As I said before, I don't like to base my opinion on something that I can't 100% trust to.
But when I see the screenshots of "ukrainian patriots" commenting the 02.06 tragedy, I can't help but facepalm.

Translate it if you can, because I can't.

Source: http://da-dzi.livejournal.com/242896.html

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #4235 on: June 03, 2014, 02:59:06 pm »
I think I was talking about different incident, sorry.
(click to show/hide)
nope its the same. adm building 50+- meters on the left from the park, so the was multiple hits, now they talk about 20x80mm rockets,

(click to show/hide)
save your breath, in the end they will say it's all the work of Putin's provocators.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 03:02:46 pm by Vovka »

Offline Kuujis

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #4236 on: June 03, 2014, 03:18:13 pm »
I would open the gate to sally forth and destroy their forward spawn
Oh I saw THAT. You nuke them from orbit like there is no tomorrow  8-)

<...>
I see guys strolling by a park leisurely and cars driving in and out : where do you see someone with a gun?
I think this sounded wrong. I did not intend to name all casualties combatants, the statement should have been in general, in most any armed conflict, once you take a gun - you become a target. Even if the gun is a toy gun sadly.  That is why the other side will target them. Was it in this case that indeed - pilot of the jet caused the casualties or the supposed AA rocket - I'm not sure. Videos are poor, lack of motive and the seemingly one explosion instead of many would indicate that it was not the pilot. But then who? Probably the ones strolling about jubilant...

Also, once you begin argumenting that "Putler" did the same, you show as someone who has 0 arguments left  :rolleyes: and you also indirectly accuse Kiev of being as ruthless as their #1 enemy.
I'm trying to put this into perspective for the populace, which is 80% supportive of putler. If he says that guys asking for independence and carrying guns in your country and FIGHTING with them are terrorists and that their towns should be semi-leveled - who could argue, that this populace would support current Ukraine government... As for being "as ruthless" - thats your words, not mine and it is you, who is trying to put words into my mouth, that I did not speak. You compare putlers treatment of Chechens Vs Ukraine treatment of separatists and come back with results.

nope its the same. adm building 50+- meters on the left from the park, so the was multiple hits, now they talk about 20x80mm rockets,
Or single misfired AA rocket. Although its hard to tell. In any case - what is the point in firing dumbfire misiles into a town full of civilians? After months of restraint NOW they start it? I don't see how that achieves anything and thus I don't think, that this is what happened. Although - as I said, hard to say from the videos.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 04:02:11 pm by Kuujis »

Offline serr

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 293
  • Infamy: 19
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wataga
« Reply #4237 on: June 03, 2014, 06:51:31 pm »
+2
Well, first, about that shit in Luhansk - I don't know what happened there, all versions so far are not very believable and in any case there are too many questions. With info given I'd say that it is likely that it was indeed attack by ua plane, but I'm not 100% sure about that. However if that is true, it doesn't make any sense and I hope whoever did that and/or gave orders to do so will be punished and no such stupid moves will be made in future.

(click to show/hide)

I've already seen links to that blog in two unrelated sources, you are third.
There are already a lot of assholes and even more trolls who don't give shit about moral values. From both sides.
But the fact that I see everywhere this post is quite demonstrative. I've also seen plenty of "russian patriots" commenting current events - that all Ukrainians should be eliminated, that western Ukraine should be nuked asap, etc.
At some point I realised that I start hating Russia after reading their posts, then I thought about relatives and friends from Russia and calmed down  :)
And so should you do.

Yes, such people exist, but there are not many of them, and thankfully absolute majority of them don't do anything, but sit at pc and post shit.
And unless you like reading posts filled with hatred and feeling hatred, it is better simply to ignore them.

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #4238 on: June 04, 2014, 07:40:30 am »
Never meant to say all Ukrainians are bad, I've seen some shit from rus-patriots as well and also I find what this blogger wrote quite ridiculous.
It just saddens me when I see such things but hey, you're right, assholes are always a minority.

Offline Kuujis

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #4239 on: June 04, 2014, 08:48:46 am »
In reality - a complete minority of population is at all able to kill willingly. See here for some reference http://www.military-sf.com/Killing.htm . The ugly thing is that when you connect "ability to kill" with being a douchebag - and given ~250 mils of participants in this whole affair (both sides), of those 100 mils probable soldiers, of those - I would expect 1-5 mils CAN do the killing. And in those - lets say 1% are psychos. 10-50k of psychos running around with guns (POTENTIALLY!). Even a small part of those is a cause for major problems, when they are unleashed...

It will take some steel nerves and hard work to get over this whole orchestrated BS.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #4240 on: June 04, 2014, 04:13:11 pm »
+1
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
« Reply #4241 on: June 04, 2014, 09:01:06 pm »
In reality - a complete minority of population is at all able to kill willingly. See here for some reference http://www.military-sf.com/Killing.htm . The ugly thing is that when you connect "ability to kill" with being a douchebag - and given ~250 mils of participants in this whole affair (both sides), of those 100 mils probable soldiers, of those - I would expect 1-5 mils CAN do the killing. And in those - lets say 1% are psychos. 10-50k of psychos running around with guns (POTENTIALLY!). Even a small part of those is a cause for major problems, when they are unleashed...

It will take some steel nerves and hard work to get over this whole orchestrated BS.

Thanks to confirm what I've said about mercenaries snipers at Maidan....

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4242 on: June 05, 2014, 12:27:18 am »
Putin was interviewed by french journalists, also will be welcomed for the commemorating of the 70th anniversary of the d-day for the first time.

If someone can translate in english everything that have/will be said in this topic, it could be interesting.

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
« Reply #4243 on: June 05, 2014, 12:43:31 am »
It was a way to say "fuck you" to the US for the 10 billion$ BNP 's fee.  :mrgreen:

Offline Kuujis

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #4244 on: June 05, 2014, 02:17:50 pm »
+2
Thanks to confirm what I've said about mercenaries snipers at Maidan....

You have an interesting condition... I believe its called http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyslexia, no?

As to putlers visit to the D-day aniversary - at least someone agreed to sit next to the guy. Would have been quite uncomfortable... Shame about the french still willing to give the out-dated russian navy these two new mistral ships, but... Cash is cash, even if you sell integrity.