Poll

Will Putin command further invasion of Ukraine:

He will and he should, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will, but he should not, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will not, because <random witty/boring reason>
Who is mister Putin?

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine  (Read 485714 times)

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine
« Reply #4200 on: May 29, 2014, 12:33:14 pm »
(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline serr

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 293
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wataga
« Reply #4201 on: May 29, 2014, 12:57:55 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)

Offline DonNicko

• Earl
  • Renown: 367
  • Infamy: 95
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Remont
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Nicko
« Reply #4202 on: May 29, 2014, 07:38:21 pm »
(click to show/hide)
Again can't understand what do you want to say? I don't say that referendum is legit at all, Eltsin as for me was stupid president who could only drink vodka and hardly speak, maybe because of that USA liked him, because he sighned a lot of agreements. the war in Chechnya also was his fault and people in Russia blame him for that. Russia in 90s made a lot of mistakes and now too. Who doesn't? What do you want to say Kuujis, that opinion of nation in Crimea costs nothing, when Crimea was given to Ukraine nobody asked people if they want to join it, now they were asked. And what about tatars, I live in Tatarstan, if you now what is it) more then half of people here are tatars, my best friend tatar and I speak on tatar, I have crimean tatar friends. Yes I know that there was repression from USSR to crimean tatars, and now crimean tatars got reabilitation from Russia which they couldn't get from Ukraine for 24 years. Yes I know that some of Tatars are against Russia but there is small amount of them. Really can't understand where do you get your information and what exactly do you want to prove?

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #4203 on: May 29, 2014, 08:36:26 pm »
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/russia-belarus-and-kazakhstan-set-new-alliance

Look at this mega-alliance.  :lol:

I guess this could be why Russia isn't helping at all to ease tensions. Among many other reasons, of course.

USSR 2.0 in the making, za putinu!

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 08:41:48 pm by Christo »

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Vovka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4204 on: May 29, 2014, 10:46:37 pm »
Now we will have even more potato!

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4205 on: May 29, 2014, 10:47:23 pm »
You needed a news to know they were allied, and its somehow influencing whats happening in Ukraine?

Thats like saying Ukraine joining EU is somehow related to a game of thrones behind the curtains.
Oh, I just said it, my bad.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4206 on: May 29, 2014, 10:54:14 pm »
You needed a news to know they were allied, and its somehow influencing whats happening in Ukraine?

Thats like saying Ukraine joining EU is somehow related to a game of thrones behind the curtains.
Oh, I just said it, my bad.

Headdesk.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4207 on: May 30, 2014, 02:59:50 am »
+1
4,500 Russian Fighters Have Crossed the Ukrainian Border

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 03:08:31 am by Christo »

Offline Kuujis

• Count
  • Renown: 298
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Midreek_HRE
« Reply #4208 on: May 30, 2014, 09:08:03 am »
Again can't understand what do you want to say?
I asked some questions, finally got some funny answers :)

Let me dissect.

I don't say that referendum is legit at all, Eltsin as for me was stupid president who could only drink vodka and hardly speak, maybe because of that USA liked him, because he sighned a lot of agreements. the war in Chechnya also was his fault and people in Russia blame him for that. Russia in 90s made a lot of mistakes and now too. Who doesn't?
So the referendum was NOT legit? So how do you base your "majority wanted to joing" oppinion based on that? You 20 something friends are the majority? Eltsin started the Chechen war,  but double check who has finished it and how... :? Its not about Eltsin, no need to distract oneself.
And as to mistakes... do you consider 1994 memorandum a mistake and 1997 aprobation of borders of Ukraine a mistake too? Maybe then even dissolution of USSR a mistake too? Such country. Real wow. Fucking not.

What do you want to say Kuujis, that opinion of nation in Crimea costs nothing, when Crimea was given to Ukraine nobody asked people if they want to join it, now they were asked. And what about tatars, I live in Tatarstan, if you now what is it) more then half of people here are tatars, my best friend tatar and I speak on tatar, I have crimean tatar friends. Yes I know that there was repression from USSR to crimean tatars, and now crimean tatars got reabilitation from Russia which they couldn't get from Ukraine for 24 years. Yes I know that some of Tatars are against Russia but there is small amount of them. Really can't understand where do you get your information and what exactly do you want to prove?
Well... this is funny bit of shit. "Nation" of crimea is "imported russians", which then were called a nation by russia media :D  GOOD FOR YOU!
The prohibition to mark the 70 years anniversary of the repressions agains Tatars by CCCP IS the most indicative action of ... how do you call it... "REABILITATION FROM RUSSIA". I felt brain dead at the end of this sentence.
Also - I am happy for your friends, but I won't take their word for a "representative" majority any time soon. I read of numerous actions to the contrary of what your brainwashed head is filled though... so tough luck. Fun fact - majority of displaced people during this whole conflict are from Crimea... OMFG - CAN'T BE, THERE WAS NO REPRESSION! http://www.unhcr.org/537b24536.html </irony>

Look at Scotland. This is how you organize and reach for your independence. Similar movement, without Crimea level problems IS happening in Belgium, Spain and afaik North of Italy. And there is no need for bloodshed, external forces coming to "makepeace" (as you have so aptly called it) or some similar shit. There ARE mechanisms to do it. Russia used whole range of wrong ones. And you can't even admit it.

And in the end is going to be "so we did a mistake, who cares, everybody does them, so we did ours on purpose, who cares, we have too much gas/oil to be ignored, also western world oppresses us QQ..." Well... a band of sheep called "mother russia".

Just to be clear about "what I want to say": russia with putler in the lead did a dick-move and occupied crimea in fashion reminiscent of the H guy  + created a whole bunch of bullshit in eastern Ukraine and the sadest part is you can't/won't admit it. Although - at the start there WAS a really strange event of a rally against this whole BS in Moscow... as I said before - pure respect. For the rest of the sheep - I hope you are being fed well enough.

P.S. I sincerely wish the same treatment that russia gave to ukraine but this time from China to Siberia... Then you can QQ and noone will hear you... :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 09:14:19 am by Kuujis »

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4209 on: May 30, 2014, 01:11:56 pm »
4,500 Russian Fighters Have Crossed the Ukrainian Border

Said Yaroslav Gonchar, deputy commander of the Azov battalion to the Ukraine Independent Information Agency (UNIAN) .

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4210 on: May 31, 2014, 01:20:14 pm »
Poroshenko promises calm 'in hours' amid battle to control Donetsk airport

Most interesting bits to me:

Pro-RUS and RUS:

(click to show/hide)

Poroshenko:

(click to show/hide)

First important action of Poroshenko : most important battle since beginning of eastern Ukraine (Donetsk airport battle).
It seems like he is backing up his tough stance with action.
I found nothing on whats up in Donetsk since then.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 01:38:03 pm by Butan »

Offline serr

• OKAM Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4211 on: May 31, 2014, 02:33:14 pm »
First, he won elections, but he is not president yet.

Second, please don't pull quotes out of context, changing meaning of them:

The pro-Russia forces who have occupied government buildings in eastern Ukraine said they were ready to negotiate with Ukraine's new leadership, but only with Russian mediation and on equal terms. The separatists have declared themselves de facto independent states and claim Kiev has no jurisdiction over them.

They were ready to negotiate only if Ukraine recognize them as independent states and withdraw army from their territories.

The president-elect promised to return Crimea to Ukraine, though this is likely to be a fruitless pursuit given the wave of patriotism in Russia that accompanied the annexation of the Ukrainian peninsula. A key point in any negotiations with Moscow will be the price at which Ukraine purchases Russian natural gas. Moscow has demanded Ukraine pay back billions of dollars it saved on a significantly reduced gas price under Yanukovych.

We had big discount on gas because of russian black see fleet bases on our territory. After annexing Crimea Russia demanded us to pay back what we saved on those discounts since 2010. That's another reason for not recognizing Crimea to be russian.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4212 on: May 31, 2014, 02:59:08 pm »
The full text is linked for those who want more context, I dont think it changes the meaning at all though, your bolded parts is just additional background information.
I thought I did a 100% perfect neutral job but there is always something wrong when you look for grudges  :P

Offline serr

• OKAM Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4213 on: May 31, 2014, 03:06:06 pm »
Nah, I don't.
In second case... probably you didn't change meaning, I just provided some more info on matter, which explains why Ukraine won't recognize Crimea as russian and will talk about its returning even if it is impossible.

But with first quote - you obviously did. "We are ready to negotiate" and "We are ready to negotiate, but only after you fulfill our demands and let us do whatever we want" are very different.

Offline Vovka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4214 on: May 31, 2014, 04:17:22 pm »
We had big discount on gas because of russian black see fleet bases on our territory. After annexing Crimea Russia demanded us to pay back what we saved on those discounts since 2010. That's another reason for not recognizing Crimea to be russian.

Не совсем так, долг начал накапливаться с апреля 2013. На момент аннексии крыма это был долг за два или три месяца по цене 300+, чтобы украине легче было его погасить цену опустили до 285 при условии что украина погасит весь долг (потом согласились на часть) , так как украина не погасила долг и по этой цене, то эти три месяца пересчитали по цене 485 без всех скидок + начали начислять последующие месяца по цене 485, вроде там по 1,2 млрд в месяц. Про 2010г. медведев просто сказал что недополученная прибыль рашки 10 млрд за счет всех скидок и пока ее не требовали и врядли у них это получится. Сейчас яценюк оплатил три месяца по цене 285 до аннексии крыма, и собрались судиться по оставшимся долгам после аннексии крыма.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 04:21:24 pm by Vovka »