Poll

Will Putin command further invasion of Ukraine:

He will and he should, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will, but he should not, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will not, because <random witty/boring reason>
Who is mister Putin?

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine  (Read 485887 times)

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine
« Reply #3930 on: May 13, 2014, 04:18:46 pm »
This all mess learns - once again - only one thing; if someone wants to grab even pinch of your land - shoot at him. Still can't understand how ukrainians could gave away their military bases and warships.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3931 on: May 13, 2014, 04:21:38 pm »
+1
That's a problem of capitalism. Would like to see you trying to invent something today and going through all the hoops,  to avoid stepping in someone's territory. Just imagine, you've done almost everything in a way no one has done it before but tiny fraction of your invention infringes patent no.342424 which means patent troll legal office will make sure you give all the credit to them or will make it impossible to commercialize it.

It's kinda said I have to explain this to an adult...

I have never said patenting as it exists now is perfect. In fact it's one of the most dysfunctional parts of our economic system, mostly in the US but also in the EU. However, I don't believe the core idea of patents is wrong. The problem is how it is applied. Patent submission is a retarded process right now, trust me I know (even though you seem to think I'm ignorant of these issues). But it's also almost impossible to change it. Salvation may eventually come from the new patent offices in emerging countries that are built on more modern principles than the 18th century crap the US is using.

Also Kafein, you're not sticking to your own principles. If you're so pro globalization and USA, how about you start using english interface on your PC instead of french?

CBA to change it. By the way I'm pro globalization which means anti-USA if you count the USA as an independent nation-state. The western world and the EU in particular just happen to be a much better model for a world government than anything else we know right now.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 984
  • Infamy: 1881
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #3932 on: May 13, 2014, 04:31:06 pm »
It is certainly better than what thye have in Russia or China, but I wouldn't praise it too much. It seriously lacks transparency, and that is the thing western officials like to mention as biggest advantage. So many stuff going behind the curtains, less than in totalitarian regimes but still too much for a modern man to swallow.

For example, as a citizen of a globalized world I would like to know everything about recent privacy scandals without having to dig through countless conspiracy theories trying to find something solid. If western governments are so open, transparent and free why I'm unable to find true info on this topic?

Offline Segd

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3933 on: May 13, 2014, 05:45:47 pm »
On the relevant topic tough - the scenario is boring and witnessed at lease once in Crimea, plus to some extent. Apparently separatists are already asking to be added to russia... wonder how the "majority" argument works this time. Even putler seems somewhat reserved as to recognizing this farce of a referendum as a real thing...
I like the fact that Putin used "must save Russian ppl" excuse to send unmarked troops & annex Crimea when there was no tiny threat from mythical Bandera\Right sector.
But now, Rus ppl get shooted & burned alive. Jew junta & Nаzi forces everywhere, but where is the Mighty Defender of Innocence now? Doesn't want another 8 millions of Russian-wannabes? How dare he!  :evil:

Btw,
Funny fact #1: http://www.rg.ru/2013/09/30/budjet-site.html
"Funded part of pensions canceled for one(2014) year". Short story - there are no money to pay future pensions  :cry:
Funny fact #2: My mom retired few months ago from 20 years of military service, her pension is 11500 rubles(330$)
Funny fact #3: State salaries & pensions in Crimea will be raised by 100%. Average pension will be about 12000 (340$) (11.2 crimea, 12.4 Sevastopol) there. http://www.rg.ru/2014/03/31/pensii-krim-site.html
So basically, my mom will share her savings with some unknown dudes who never paid a penny of Russian taxes. Yey!

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #3934 on: May 13, 2014, 07:43:51 pm »
Tought east ukraine and Donbass region especially has a massiv coal industry
Yea, the do have massive heavy industry but it's supposingly sooo old and broken that an investment of billions would be necessary to get it running with profit, even working properly. That is the reason why some doubt that Russia is even interested in Lughansk and Donezk without the "better" Dnepopetrovsk.

That's what said analyst said as a possible scenario. He wasn't claiming any "thruth", he was just talking about possibilities but it sounded pretty down to earth.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1259
  • Infamy: 2166
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #3935 on: May 13, 2014, 08:18:15 pm »
+1
At least they have something, even if it is "old and broken". Unlike west Ukraine.

Offline DonNicko

• Earl
  • Renown: 367
  • Infamy: 95
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Remont
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Nicko
« Reply #3936 on: May 13, 2014, 09:01:18 pm »
For ukranians some video, you maybe didn't watch. What do you think
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3937 on: May 13, 2014, 09:02:05 pm »
+1
http://www.huru.ru/post/13105?ref=fb#page=vk

Look at all those T-34s going to Berlin :o

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #3938 on: May 13, 2014, 09:18:02 pm »

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline DonNicko

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Remont
« Reply #3939 on: May 13, 2014, 09:39:41 pm »
Nato sends tanks to the East compilation:
(click to show/hide)
You think that there won't any war?

Offline Falka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3940 on: May 13, 2014, 09:58:58 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)

2 minutes ago USA sumbmarine launched their ballistic missle! THE TIME HAS COME!

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #3941 on: May 13, 2014, 10:00:51 pm »
+2
source? It does not appear in the sites I usually check

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3942 on: May 13, 2014, 10:06:00 pm »
(click to show/hide)

I liked the top comment: "Армия США перебрасывает бронетехнику в Европу по железной дороге... Гомон ТВ это что  - канал для дебилов? " What is it with u russians stamping USA or na zi on every piece of military equipment or political engagement on earth that isnt yours? It does kinda make sense. From what ive heard(dunno if this is bullshit or not, but I like to belive its not), Kremlin is extremely paranoid in general. They are frightened by things like the internet and such. With good reason thou. US is best in the world at this surveillancething.

There isnt much proof of US doing much of anything in Ukraine. Its hard to even understand why would they. They have nothing to gain. US doesnt interfere unless some serius genocide is gonna take place or some serius profit is to be made. And there's really nothing to take or noone to "save" in Ukraine.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 10:12:46 pm by Tibe »

Offline DonNicko

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Remont
« Reply #3943 on: May 13, 2014, 10:14:48 pm »
Yeah this transportation is fake as always. I would like to believe that. But in the last 10 years there were some attempts to destabilize the situation around Russia. Georgia, Belarus, Ukraine. Everywhere USA respected those actions. If not then correct me. Some politics talk abot it in USA too. Russia and China become too strong for USA.

Offline Falka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3944 on: May 13, 2014, 10:17:28 pm »
+1
Nicko, if you weren't russian I'd thought you're ingenius troll.