Poll

Will Putin command further invasion of Ukraine:

He will and he should, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will, but he should not, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will not, because <random witty/boring reason>
Who is mister Putin?

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine  (Read 485517 times)

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine
« Reply #3795 on: May 11, 2014, 12:51:42 pm »

Why would they leave equipment like an IFV behind? It doesn't make any sense.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3796 on: May 11, 2014, 01:02:24 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)

Your awnser is silly. We havent made a single law against the russian part of the population. Well atleast my country hasnt, dunno if Lithuania and Latvia has, but i havent really heard anything about some agressive laws. If we did make more pro-russian laws, it would just give more reason for russians to not learn our language and culture, which would mean that they would overrun us and eventually puppet us, cuz mother Russia welcomes its lost child. :rolleyes: This isnt just some random fear. This will definately happen. The shit Kremlin demands from us, that we should do "for the good of the russian population" is nothing short of selling out our countries.

And we have tried to seek more commercial and military agreements for the past 20 years and majority reach nowhere. Cause the Russians always propose very one sided deals or they never hold their side of the bargains. Most of our investments and buisnesses that have cooporated with Russia have almost all gone to shit cause their goverment always fucks these hard for completely silly reasons in hopes of harming us. Again, this is cause they dont consider us real countries.

It was always too late. The instant we became independent it was too late. They have always had a stick to hit us with. And if they didnt, they can just fabricate one. Cause hei, its the word of the goverments with 6 million people vs the word of the goverment with 140 million. Even if 4% of them are idiots, its quite enough.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 01:10:18 pm by Tibe »

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
« Reply #3797 on: May 11, 2014, 01:15:02 pm »
The fact that he is a Wall Street journalist doesnt prove his statements to be correct. His got no facts whatsoever to back his claims on any of this bullshit his writing. I read about this guy a bit. His literally soooooo anti-US its almost comical. He has been against just about everything US has ever done. It really is remarkable. Either he is seeking for attention or he is the one being bought with bags of money. I mean this shit his writing here is the exact stuff that the Kremlin claims. He only left out na zis, so it wouldnt be too oblivious. But other then that its remarkably similar.

Good god Tovi. How can u take this link seriuslly? Are u really this braindead.... I mean this is just....I dont even..... Fucking hollow earth theory is less laughable than this!

You mean that someone who criticize USA must be insane and placed in an asylum ? All the wolrd must heil USA or be wiped out by carpet bombing/ drone/ IMF restructuration/ embargo ?
And you are surprised that more and more people hate US empire with that kind of arguments ?
You can read a lot of interesting thinks in russian newspaper, or even in cuban Granma. Really. I mean, not everything, but to have another point of vue.
Open your intoxicated mind.

Offline DonNicko

• Earl
  • Renown: 367
  • Infamy: 95
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Remont
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Nicko
« Reply #3798 on: May 11, 2014, 01:18:09 pm »
No it's not. USA has nothing to do with the instability in Ukraine.
Yes, USA didn't do nothing In Ukraine, only helped to make a revolution, but it is that small doing.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3799 on: May 11, 2014, 01:25:50 pm »
+1
You mean that someone who criticize USA must be insane and placed in an asylum ? All the wolrd must heil USA or be wiped out by carpet bombing/ drone/ IMF restructuration/ embargo ?
And you are surprised that more and more people hate US empire with that kind of arguments ?
You can read a lot of interesting thinks in russian newspaper, or even in cuban Granma. Really. I mean, not everything, but to have another point of vue.
Open your intoxicated mind.

Again Tovi. Always missing the point. I didnt mean that you braindead numbskull. I ment he overdid it. Its okay to criticize US. I even applaud it. But he is really overdoing it. He is anti-everythingUS.  I highly doubt he had solid proof and inside info on all the US actions he was against for the past decades. Im pretty sure half of his claims are bullshit so he could keep his image. Which is quite often the case with these extreme "visionaries".

And im so happy that your mind is so clear Tovi. Taking a mans word for it just because he is a Wall Street journalist...... If I ever become one, im gonna write how the moon is made of cheese. You'd probably buy it.

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
« Reply #3800 on: May 11, 2014, 03:00:52 pm »
I just mentioned the source because mant says my sources comes only from russian medias. But obviously I was right, the problem is not the source, the problem is when that does not fit with the main information line.
I could mention many others, like Attali in France (ex conseilor of Mitterand and a pro world-goverment) who says exactly the same about USA in Ukraine. But he's free to say it because he's not actually in charge.
Our politicians are not free. Look what happened with Snowden.

Offline Piok

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 97
    • View Profile
« Reply #3801 on: May 11, 2014, 03:49:44 pm »
Any word about cca 400 murica mercs fighting for glorious and victorious UA army of freedom?

Offline DonNicko

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Remont
« Reply #3802 on: May 11, 2014, 03:59:27 pm »
Any word about cca 400 murica mercs fighting for glorious and victorious UA army of freedom?
It is made by Putin :rolleyes:

Offline Piok

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 97
    • View Profile
« Reply #3803 on: May 11, 2014, 04:27:52 pm »
It is made by Putin :rolleyes:
Clone troopers are real :twisted:
Soon Putin will give Order 66 :shock:

Offline DonNicko

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Remont
« Reply #3804 on: May 11, 2014, 05:03:44 pm »
Well it can be also provokation and lies. If I would be an evil president of Russia, I would buy Yatsenyuk, Turchinov, Timoshenko and others, make a revolution, send this people to USA ask a help to make a democracy in their country, promising them, that they can put their spies and rockets in Ukraine. When USA will spend a lot of money to make Ukarine strong and with new army, make another revolution, which will not support USA. And give many facts to the World that USA supported Fascits in Ukraine, which Yatsenyuk and others should collect for me. And at the end Russia has strong neighbor, USA is bad, Europe buys more gas and oil. :twisted:
The fact - offended USA began 3 WWar with nuclear bombs and 2/3 of people die

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #3805 on: May 11, 2014, 05:18:36 pm »

there was a report in Bild (yellow press in germanyland) and their source was some BND (intelligence service) report which got the info from the merricans.
the same report included some infos of the violation of ukrainian air space by russian planes (also merrican sources).

Offline Swaggart

• Earl
  • Renown: 481
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3806 on: May 11, 2014, 05:43:58 pm »
+2
First, let's just recap history a little bit. For the greatest part of the 19th and 20th centuries, the world was made up of a handful of superpowers. Great Britain, Russia, France, Austria, Germany, USA. Guess what happened during that time ? Wars. WW1 originated from the clash of two mega alliances. WW2 originated from the clash of two mega alliances. As soon as we invented nuclear bombs, actual wars went out of style, so the Cold War blocks had a cold war instead.

Except wars occurred all the time during the Cold War. The two predominant superpowers did their best to meddle and interfere, leading to invasions, clandestine operations and outright coups. Both the USSR and the US were involved in actual wars.

If we look at history before that, the most peaceful periods of time in a given region happened simultaneously with the whole region being controlled by one political entity. Like the Roman Empire in Italy. Conversely, areas with geopolitical fragmentation, such as most of Europe during the middle ages, suffered constant warfare.

Rome's interior was peaceful, yes, but the frontiers were anything but. Also, it isn't as if Rome expanded benevolently, but through harsh subjugation and in some cases complete eradication (Carthage). Not to mention that the only reason Rome was so successful in expanding as they did was that they were far ahead in terms of military thinking than their neighbours.

Second, let's take the European Union as example. If you don't like American Imperialism, you must absolutely hate what the European Union is, right ? Otherwise you are reaching maximum hypocrisy. Guess what, the EU is a major factor for stability and prosperity. The same can be said of China throughout history. When China was split, it was a shithole of rivaling kingdoms.

Comparing the US empire to the EU is comparing apples and oranges. One is a superpower, while the other is a essentially a customs union that can hardly agree on things sometimes.

Third, the geopolitical argument. Isolated entities creates balance of power dynamics, and inevitably leads to hate and wars. You can't go to war without enemies, which is exactly the point of being a single geopolitical entity, ruled by laws and not by bully power.

I'm sorry I'm not quite sure what you mean by this.

What makes you think a politically globalised world would be a "kind of shady world dictatorship" ? Is the EU a "kind of shady european dictatorship" ? Problems arise in the EU when members think as nation-states and try to abuse the system.

Humanity in its current level of development simply cannot exist under a one world order, a united Earth so to speak. We value individualism far too much, otherwise the whole world would be one big communist lovefest.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #3807 on: May 11, 2014, 05:57:14 pm »
+3
It's convenient for Russians to blame US/West for their situation and crappy system.

Then they wouldn't have to deal with the fact that their own system is the only reason.

(I tried and lost fighting the system in Poland, which is much milder than RU system. You can't go around everyday going mad from everything that doesn't work like it should. The only way to not break down mentally is just to accept and ignore that the system is fucked. You resign, or else you would end up a raging madman.)

A much more comfortable thought is to think the enemy brought the situation upon you. This could explain why Russians think western europe are enemies.

Fact is Soviet Union was rotten, and the mentality and parts of the system still remains.  That's the real reason Russia sucks today. There is no way for people and journalists to use normal democratic checks like transparency and functioning law to ensure they are not getting fucked.
Everyone assumes everyone cheats/steals/lies, and so (almost) everyone does. Life sucks, so blame the enemy, feel a bit better about yourself.

I supported Maidan, because it was a chance for Ukraine to get out of Russias shadow, and begin a new road to real change. The western Ukrainians, and those who traveled have seen with their own eyes how much better the west works (Yes, even new western countries like poland) , and wants the same for themselves. The ones in the east haven't seen for themselves, only the TV set with Russian propaganda. I do understand why they think strongman Putin is vastly better than the corrupt and weak politicians of Ukraine.

Russia needs to get their hands off Ukraine. It's a sovereign nation, and can and should decide its own fate. If it chooses the west, it's because Russia has failed, nothing else.

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3808 on: May 11, 2014, 07:02:35 pm »
Yes, USA didn't do nothing In Ukraine, only helped to make a revolution, but it is that small doing.
Any proof?
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Kuujis

• Count
  • Renown: 298
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Midreek_HRE
« Reply #3809 on: May 11, 2014, 07:13:20 pm »
Any proof?
Well... there was this one school, which USA wanted to renovate in Crimea... that enough? :rolleyes:
</irony>