Poll

Will Putin command further invasion of Ukraine:

He will and he should, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will, but he should not, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will not, because <random witty/boring reason>
Who is mister Putin?

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine  (Read 485407 times)

Offline serr

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 293
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wataga
Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine
« Reply #3675 on: May 09, 2014, 07:30:07 pm »
Yeah, learn history and don't listen to Farion http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iryna_Farion
It is shame that there are such people in our parliament, still they don't express views of majority and they don't have real weight in decision making.

Offline DonNicko

• Earl
  • Renown: 367
  • Infamy: 95
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Remont
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Nicko
« Reply #3676 on: May 09, 2014, 07:32:13 pm »
I'm not too good in geography but I don't think Germany nor France have a border to Russia. Guess I misunderstood :)
I said it because, they began WW
OMG, am I missed any sarcasm PTX? Maybe there is some language barriers indeed

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3677 on: May 09, 2014, 08:09:27 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)

No shit Russia has enemy to account for.
And you seem to be one.

If Russia is #1 enemy of every nations that has a land connection with them, can I add that USA is #1 enemy of every nations that share an aerial corridor with them?  :lol:

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #3678 on: May 09, 2014, 08:14:39 pm »

I do not give source because no source can be 100% sure. I just give different material. I could speak a long time about why Medias are always under many influences. Be what I can say is that western medias are more isolated around the world about the Ukraine Crisis than their people think. If you watch medias from Brazil, China, India etc., they just don't understand what USA and EU are doing in Ukraine. In western countries, only alternative medias gives a different opinion.
So you can always says : "That doesn't come from MY favorite (mainstream) media, so it's bullshit".
If you admit that a media just gives the information it receive, you'll start to understand the way it works.
If you have a doubt, make your own researchs. It's always good.

I see no point. Your "alternative" source is Russia's government media translated in your native language and there is no doubt for anyone that trustworthy of this media is getting closer and closer to Northern Korea's bullshit. They claim that people on the roof of that building in Odessa are nаzis who were there just to provoke. Even pro-Russians themselves don't say such bullshit.

Listening to the opinion of Russian media and believing that it's not biased in this case is a horrible mistake. I'm watching Russian media from time to time and the amount of bullshit is so high and the quality of it is so low that I tend to believe that only naive people can consume such information. You know, any media contains a portion of bullshit, some certain media consists of it entirely. While you say that you don't trust mainstream media because of one-sided opinion and you only trust alternative media, doesn't it make you trust one-sided opinion but just the opposite? I've made a lot of researches trying to distinguish some certain sources of Russian news. The fact that every popular fake bullshit that gets into social networks, almost always gets to "breaking news" of Russian official media. Only the way how they call any citizen with Ukrainian flag should be a big no for everyone to watch it. If you carry Ukrainian flag then you're nаzi, fascist and a bandit. If you're carrying Russian flag even with AK and RPG then you're a peaceful protester who wants to live in a motherland.

I don't think that everybody thinks like this woman, but...
The speech of the Deputy in the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine:
"All those who speaks Russian in our hall here, brutally breaks our language law. And I need to remind them the legendary hristamatiyny phrase: In the state who doesn't speak a state language - either the guest, or the boor, or the invader. Boors simply are sent, and invaders are shoot, here then we will have an order on the language front."
(click to show/hide)

The speech on the maidan:
"It is necessary to learn in the end of the ends truthfully to read the history and to understand - our first enemy is Moscow, and it is our national road, and it is our program and the plan of action. Get up, break shackles off and with evil enemy blood sprinkle a freedom. Enemy, not ours.
(click to show/hide)
Cant understand what Moscow did to Ukraine before Maidan started?

She's just retarded, nevermind. If we took your Zhirinovskiy for real, it would be even worse than her.

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
« Reply #3679 on: May 09, 2014, 08:17:30 pm »
USA is the enemy of every nations who refuse their hegemony: "You are with us or you are against us"...

edit @Dave : Ok, Russian medias are also "mainstream" in their country. That's not the question. I don't see any bullshit in this video, particulary.
But, from my point of vue, I just hear the "voice of America" wich Putin is the bad guy, as usual. They never have to prove anything, that's always Putin's fault. Even when they admit to have supported far right rioters at Maidan. My mainstream medias really try to brainwash people. But some of us try to resist to this propaganda.
A minority of westerners want to treat with Putin, not threat him. We are tired to make war in Africa, Middle West or Asia as auxiliaries of the US empire. And we don't want them initiate another war in Europe. We don't need NATO anymore, and we don't want another war to convince us of the contrary.
Meanwhile, they try to "fuck EU" with their secret dirty TTIP trade agreement.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 08:33:57 pm by Tovi »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline DonNicko

• Earl
  • Renown: 367
  • Infamy: 95
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Remont
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Nicko
« Reply #3680 on: May 09, 2014, 09:31:25 pm »
(click to show/hide)
deputy chief of the Department of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine in Odessa region Dmitry Fuchedzhi is in this video who left the country. Avakov said "Mister Fuchedzhi at 5am crossed border and absconded, he is put on the wanted list"
Also in this video we see secretary of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine Andriy Parubiy
I just want to know is it so hard to catch Dmitry Fuchedzhi, or authorities don't want to catch him? And why Avakov knew exact time when he left the country? Also some people in Odessa say, that this was planned by Parubiy, but out of control, because militia has come after one hour, and then firefighters.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3681 on: May 10, 2014, 12:02:45 am »
If Russia is #1 enemy of every nations that has a land connection with them, can I add that USA is #1 enemy of every nations that share an aerial corridor with them?  :lol:

What real enemies do the USA have ? Recently, Russia started being one again, NK hates America since forever but NK hates everybody anyway, Iran, Venezuela, Cuba... ? All of them peerless defenders of peace, democracy and human rights. The last geopolitical stunt similar to what happened to Crimea the USA did is more than 150 years old. Russia still occupied some of its current neighbors less than 30 years ago.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3682 on: May 10, 2014, 12:11:30 am »
+1
If you bring it down to 20 years, Russia has been at war with only 1 neighbouring country : Georgia. It lasted 5 days.

Same timeline, USA = about a dozen wars and anti-terrorist global ops that you could count, all of them far far away from their territory.

And then Russia is #1 enemy, right.
USA is in all things comparably worse. I dont know how you can argue against that.
The only worse thing you can bring up against Russia is pre-1991 shit but there is only the godwin lovers to bring that up in our current era and use it as a legit argument as how things works today.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 12:15:36 am by Butan »

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #3683 on: May 10, 2014, 12:20:29 am »
If you bring it down to 20 years, Russia has been at war with only 1 neighbouring country : Georgia. It lasted 5 days.

Same timeline, USA = about a dozen wars and anti-terrorist global ops that you could count, all of them far far away from their territory.

USA is in all things comparably worse. I dont know how you can argue against that.
The only worse thing you can bring up against Russia is pre-1991 shit but there is only the godwin lovers to bring that up in our current era and use it as a legit argument as how things works today.

Here's a question: Do you count an Occupation as a War?

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3684 on: May 10, 2014, 12:33:33 am »
+1

Hey, let us ignore absolutely every fucking foreign-policy related thing Russia has done in the last 20 years, my point is so fucking valid right now. :rolleyes:

Offline Tovi

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #3685 on: May 10, 2014, 12:33:52 am »
No, as long as you remain a slave you can live in peace  :twisted:

That's why Europa is peacefull  :mrgreen:

Offline [ptx]

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3686 on: May 10, 2014, 12:36:21 am »
+1

If i have to choose between being a slave to USA or being a slave to Russia, i'll choose USA 100% of the time. Be grateful your precious France does not border Russia, else your "alternative" thoughts might just be seen as utterly fucking retarded by everyone around you.

Oh wait, they already are? I must have overestimated human ability for basic logic operations.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #3687 on: May 10, 2014, 12:39:03 am »

Which are... ? Iraq, Afghanistan, Lybia, Syria ? Not to mention we are talking about international operations, unlike Georgia which was just the good old landgrab.
Besides, this argument is about as ridiculous as saying France is an evil superpower compared with Monaco.

The US has been more active in the last 20 years because Russia was in shambles, and most of its historical backyard entered NATO for reasons PTX already explained. Russia is weak outside of its regional sphere of influence and has no interest interfering with countries the US has been interfering with. In fact because Russia is positioning itself as an enemy to "American Hegemony", it seeks allies among the numerous shitholes. Shitholes pissed off because someone interferes with their "legitimate sovereignty".

What is "being a slave" ? As a Belgian I can tell you I'm so pissed I can't be a regional bully and annex Luxemburg. The world would be a much better place to live if we had medieval geopolitics. I absolutely would prefer that over living in peace, rule of law and prosperity.

Offline Tovi

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #3688 on: May 10, 2014, 12:40:54 am »
I am the kind of guy who choose to not be a slave at all.

Oh, and we have Germany at our border. That was not so cool every days  :wink: But thanks to Russia they had a lesson of human egality.

Offline [ptx]

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3689 on: May 10, 2014, 12:44:33 am »
I am the kind of guy who choose to not be a slave at all.

Oh, and we have Germany at our border. That was not so cool every days  :wink: But thanks to Russia they had a lesson of human egality.
You suck at not being a slave. Try harder.