Author Topic: Project Zomboid [Zombie Indie Simulation RPG] (soon to be online)  (Read 1399 times)

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
Re: Project Zomboid [Zombie Indie Simulation RPG] (soon to be online)
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2013, 01:35:58 pm »
I think the Demo is stuck on an older build with less content, but its still a good representation of the end game.
ye sounds about right for a demo
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2013, 03:19:36 pm »
+2
I played it but I found I burned through it rather quickly. After a good 5 hours of playing I had closed my perimeter fence, built a rain collector barrel, created a sizeable farm and I just didn't expect to die anytime soon. Zombies are piss easy, I used a roller pin as a weapon for a while and I thought that was pretty decent, but then I started two shotting every zombie with a kitchen knife. When I got an axe I was just going berserk, whacking zombies all over the place.

Didn't even get to using firearms or upgrading much before I felt like I could survive forever. Definitely an awesome experience, but it dulls rather quick, can't wait to see where they take it though, especially when it comes to multiplayer.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2013, 03:28:24 pm »
+2
Yeah the danger with these survival games is that once you actually manage to sustain a high survivability, you lose the incitement to keep on playing.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline //saxon

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2013, 03:28:34 pm »
+1
I played it but I found I burned through it rather quickly. After a good 5 hours of playing I had closed my perimeter fence, built a rain collector barrel, created a sizeable farm and I just didn't expect to die anytime soon. Zombies are piss easy, I used a roller pin as a weapon for a while and I thought that was pretty decent, but then I started two shotting every zombie with a kitchen knife. When I got an axe I was just going berserk, whacking zombies all over the place.

Didn't even get to using firearms or upgrading much before I felt like I could survive forever. Definitely an awesome experience, but it dulls rather quick, can't wait to see where they take it though, especially when it comes to multiplayer.
yeahh its still beta so i think it will change alot and more features will be added

Planned Features:
The return of our PZ Stories mode that also serves as first ever tutorial actively trying to kill you at every turn. Kate and Baldspot return!

In-depth and varied NPC encounters driven in a persistent world, powered by a metagame system that turns each play-through into your very own zombie survival movie with emergent narrative gameplay.

Engine upgrade to make the most of your graphics card as well as your processor

Constant expansion of the countryside and cities around Muldraugh and West Point

Full wilderness survival systems, animals and hunting for food.

More items, crafting recipes, weapons and gameplay systems.

Steam Workshop and Achievements support

Game pad support

Local 4 player split-screen co-op

Online multiplayer survival. (Please note this is firmly in the roadmap, but very much at the end of it. It’s still a long, long way away)

source: steam

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2013, 03:35:26 pm »
Like Teeth said, if you become good and have your own little camp town, it becomes pretty dull.

Multiplayer is definitely a must and should become the most enjoyable gamemode if its properly done (this and a kind of story mode).

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2013, 04:15:05 pm »

Can you have more than one saved game at a time?  Could you leave that game, and start a new game with harder settings (like water shutting off sooner, electricity shutting off sooner) etc?  Or start in west point instead of muldraugh?

Multiplayer would be nice, but that's a long ways away it says, just getting other "NPC" survivors into the game would be cool (some hostile, some friendly, etc).
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline //saxon

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2013, 05:25:47 pm »
+1
Can you have more than one saved game at a time?  Could you leave that game, and start a new game with harder settings (like water shutting off sooner, electricity shutting off sooner) etc?  Or start in west point instead of muldraugh?
yes you can do all these things, there is quite alot of options on sandbox mode before you start. you can even put the day lengths to real time from 30mins all the way up

change how long it takes for you to turn

and more.

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2014, 09:14:36 pm »
+2

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2014, 09:58:51 pm »
So multiplayer is out and has been for a while. SeQueL and I spent a good couple of hours last night roaming through Muldraugh and wrecking zombie face. Axes and baseball bats are amazing