Author Topic: New DTV Is Shit  (Read 8012 times)

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
Re: New DTV Is Shit
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2013, 07:35:05 am »
+1
I love doing ballistas volley, I think those are a great idea.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline bensai

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 630
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
  • Bᴏxɪɴɢ Cʜᴀᴍᴘ #ᴄRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
  • Game nicks: assington
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2013, 10:44:52 pm »
I completely agree,

Because changing the female virgin into a male virgin (such as yourself) is totally screwing over DTV, in turn ruining the cRPG community,

I mean, because DTV is obviously the most played game type where all the best players in cRPG hang out...

(click to show/hide)

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2013, 11:30:08 pm »
+1
I completely agree,

Because changing the female virgin into a male virgin (such as yourself) is totally screwing over DTV, in turn ruining the cRPG community,

I mean, because DTV is obviously the most played game type where all the best players in cRPG hang out...

Maybe if you grew a brain you would know that we aren't complaining about the gender change of the bot we protect.

IF you knew how to read which you obviously do not... so I'm only proving myself as mentally challenged as you are, but in case there is a lick of smarts in that thick skull of yours; here goes nothing- They recently added new maps to Defend the Viscount which are very unpopular atm Some are playable but there are a quite a few that are broken and tiny. Most people that play dtv do so to get away from annoying douche bags that play battle/siege (much like yourself) or because they simply don't want to try very hard/ can't try hard for different reasons.

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2013, 11:57:15 pm »
Germans killed our DTV!! New maps are complete shit,old dtv was more fun.
Please don't try to improve it cuz ur failing at it.

Offline SugarHoe

• Earl
  • Renown: 413
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2013, 05:26:14 am »
I don't see why you bundle of stickss complain about dtv shit doesn't even matter if its broken. The crpg community is totally going to go down now because of losing a gamemde that isn't even important with like 10 players max. If nything, the patch made it better because more people are playing it than before. Quit crying about the maps and get over it. Play battle if you're that much of a bitch about the change.

Offline Afina

• Earl
  • Renown: 316
  • Infamy: 135
  • cRPG Player
  • «This is where we fight, this is where they die!!»
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Other
  • Game nicks: Afina
  • IRC nick: Afina
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2013, 05:41:05 am »
http://forum.melee.org/suggestions-corner/new-patch-good-or-no/
38ppl think it good 17ppl think no good,on the basis of these results, DTV quite good :D
Madness…? This is Sparta!

Offline Graf_Hodenschaf

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Trade Guild
  • Game nicks: Graf_Hodenschaf
  • IRC nick: Graf_Hodenschaf
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2013, 06:43:01 am »
Germans killed our DTV!! New maps are complete shit,old dtv was more fun.
Please don't try to improve it cuz ur failing at it.

Totally agree!!!!

I mean there were 2 DTV servers in the past, now theres only the HRE? It would be so easy to run 1 server with this new invisible wall maps and the 2nd one like it was before - then admin can see which server the community prefers!
Livestreaming crpg:  twitch.tv/beerman_aut

Offline Graf_Hodenschaf

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Trade Guild
  • Game nicks: Graf_Hodenschaf
  • IRC nick: Graf_Hodenschaf
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2013, 06:45:12 am »
http://forum.melee.org/suggestions-corner/new-patch-good-or-no/
38ppl think it good 17ppl think no good,on the basis of these results, DTV quite good :D

38 / 18 now
Livestreaming crpg:  twitch.tv/beerman_aut

Offline Mammonist

• Earl
  • Renown: 426
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Centi
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2013, 08:28:23 am »
+3
Wow! The battle players posting in this topic are so hardcore! I really respect them for playing the true and only hard gamemode in cRPG.

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2013, 11:22:48 am »
Totally agree!!!!

I mean there were 2 DTV servers in the past, now theres only the HRE? It would be so easy to run 1 server with this new invisible wall maps and the 2nd one like it was before - then admin can see which server the community prefers!

of course they would play on the "default maps" server
because you get exp for doing nothing while there are 5 people at the front getting 700 kills each

fips point was to force EVERYBODY to play properly, and WORK TOGETHER, not to make the maps as easy as possible so people would get tons of exp and gold shoved up their spoiled asses, because 90% of the dtv population only played dtv since so far, that was the case

as fips said, the server would be 50% populated when there was a random map on, when maps like istiniar, yaragar, rizi etc came on it went POW and was 30+/30 within a split second

dont demand EASIER DTV by saying "we want the old maps back", SUGGEST HOW TO IMPROVE THE CURRENT DTV, because THAT would really help DTV
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.

Offline Afina

• Earl
  • Renown: 316
  • Infamy: 135
  • cRPG Player
  • «This is where we fight, this is where they die!!»
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Other
  • Game nicks: Afina
  • IRC nick: Afina
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2013, 11:30:24 am »
three cards (istiniar, jaragar, Rizi) to bring back the values ​​at which they were previously not visible without walls. I demand that  :D :D :D
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-E0ykKckMQIs/UaIrkHEdiNI/AAAAAAAALMY/_-T3QmEv9JY/s700/Everyone-go-back.jpg
Madness…? This is Sparta!

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2013, 11:41:18 am »
dont demand EASIER DTV by saying "we want the old maps back", SUGGEST HOW TO IMPROVE THE CURRENT DTV, because THAT would really help DTV

Take a map like istiniar for instance, one of, if not the, best exploit map. If you simply removed the hut, its a perfectly okay map. The archers can stand in their little barn in the hay,

Still think istiniar is too cheap with the barely-exploitable barn? fine... take that out. Now you have a fun map where archers kinda get shafted but melee is happy. But NO, you couldn't stop there... you instead made it a straight bowling alley, where we are the pins and the AI comes in like a bowling ball moshpit of death.

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2013, 01:59:05 pm »
places to exploit istiniar:

hut
barn
cabbage hut
roof tops
back fences
pile of wood at the front
literally every single corner you can put a 13shield leecher into

take all that out and WOW!!! we have the current istiniar! :rolleyes:
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2013, 02:10:41 pm »
Some of the new maps I like... like that one with the small chokepoint and a small stage for archers to shoot over the shield wall players usually make at the chokepoint... Love that map.

But honestly... Take out both the Helms Deep maps. Not because they are fantasy but because they just aren't fun to play, there is invisible collision everywhere, the ladders are... yeah... and they are just both boring and unmanageable. Both the helms deep DTV maps seem to be telling the players to just go solo and do your own thing instead of team together and try to use any sort of strategy or tactics to progress to later rounds.

I'm honestly fine with all the other new maps, infact I like most of them... but those helms deep maps are both dog shit.

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2013, 03:03:50 pm »
Some of the new maps I like... like that one with the small chokepoint and a small stage for archers to shoot over the shield wall players usually make at the chokepoint... Love that map.

But honestly... Take out both the Helms Deep maps. Not because they are fantasy but because they just aren't fun to play, there is invisible collision everywhere, the ladders are... yeah... and they are just both boring and unmanageable. Both the helms deep DTV maps seem to be telling the players to just go solo and do your own thing instead of team together and try to use any sort of strategy or tactics to progress to later rounds.

I'm honestly fine with all the other new maps, infact I like most of them... but those helms deep maps are both dog shit.

The one with the ladders isn't supposed to block off the players when you want to go down the ladders, i missplaced some walls there, because people will nudge each other way beyond the invisible walls if i don't block them off mid-air, they are just too big and block off the ladders, too. I'll remove this one and the one with the huge cliff because bots get stuck and i have no idea when the next patch will happen, but the one where the bots charge down the bridge should be fine oO

For everyone else:
And once again: I WILL make more open maps for the upcoming patch and some other people made some more open maps as well that are going to get in, those small tunnelmaps won't be everything that will be dtv.

Do. You. Under. Stand. Questionmark. I'm not gonna say it again.