Author Topic: What are clans willing to pay for an experienced pure 2H mercenary on strategus?  (Read 1192 times)

Offline Tiberias

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tiberias
  • IRC nick: Tiberias
Well, i came back to cRPG and now i am willing to join some fun battles in strategus. I know that some clans give out bonuses to good players or to good K:D-ratios. But what should i set as the requested pay?

My char is a pure lvl 32 (33 soon) 2H built.
20/21 Str/Agi
165 2H
7Ath
6Ps

Getting up quite high on the scoreboards most of the time  :D

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
You get payed in exp and fun so that should be enough. Clans basically never pay anything, so set it to 0 (it's strategus gold anyway so worthless for you).
If you ask gold, they will just ignore it and you won't get shit.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
You get payed in exp and fun so that should be enough. Clans basically never pay anything, so set it to 0 (it's strategus gold anyway so worthless for you).
If you ask gold, they will just ignore it and you won't get shit.

stop lurking the forums you stopped playing :D
also,  tiberias has been around longer then you,  let him do his thing : )

tiberias,  if you think you are still remembered,  talk to them directly,  a pay varies a lot,  but you have to be extraordinary.  guys like phase made up to 6 figures in gold. 
but you should consider to attend a few battles for free to make yourself a name amoungst the younger players : )
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tiberias

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Well, thanks for the quick replies. I dont intend on making millions in cRPG gold there. Just thought that getting a bonus in gold gets you motivated again. And i just thought i was the only one who set the requested pay to 0 by default.  :lol:

But is that gold (or silver, rather) cRPG or Strat gold? I mean i am not active in Strat, even though i believe that i am still counted as a nordmen on strat.

Good to see you torben btw. Not that many of the old folks are still around here :P

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Using the payment thing will give you Strat gold, you're gonna have to do manual transfers to be paid in cRPG gold. Don't think many people in EU care that much about single battles though that they want to spend their cRPG gold for single mercs. Also, large gold amounts are too expensive and small gold amounts are too much effort to do the trades. I've been paid amounts of 10k, 50k or even a 100k for performing well on NA though.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
(click to show/hide)
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
Like Torben said, you realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly need to be constantly a demi-god in battles to even EVER TALK about mercenary paiement.

Its not only because everyone is a veteran in strat battles (mostly) and nicely skilled, but also because it is an additional strain to the management to have to individually monitor and pay guys that does good.

Basically if you constantly have a OP K/D (or are incredibly useful, like skilled catapultist or engineers) and that you manage to make everyone love you as a neutral mercenary (quite hard with everyone shitting on you as soon as you apply for someone's enemies) you should be able to ask for paiement if you know whom to speak to.

The fact that the mercenary paiment is poorly implemented into the game not only created that situation where it is almost non existent to pay mercs, but also that almost everyone stopped caring a long time ago and doesnt want to talk about it since it seems completely exhuberant to do that now.
But I'm sure a gifted individual would do good with the proper contacts if he really wanted to become a pure mercenary.

I would love to see guys succeeding in this role, or even groups of people (or even myself, who doesnt want to be famous & pro?  :mrgreen:)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 06:04:39 pm by Butan »

Offline Tiberias

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Wait, what? Bjord is still here??  :rolleyes: HELLO!!!

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
i doubt many if any will pay. most will just say the circa 1mil exp you will get is payment enough :D unless you go like 100:10 or something they will just use someone else
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
What are YOU ready to give so that clans would let you fight on their side and get millions of exp from single battles?  :lol:

Offline Tiberias

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
The fact that i made it into the first big strat battle i wanted to join without any problem gave me the hint that it isnt such a privilege to get into strat battles.
C'man guys why the hate...i just came back after 18 months and i just thought things have changed. Not to mention the amount of gold and heirlooms currently in the game.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2584
  • Infamy: 2894
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
+1
It's easy to have good k/d on proper strategus battle with your build. You have more ATH and less IF/PS than average strategus infantry unit which means you'll get specific job to guard spawn/equipment or help friendly cavalry to deal with enemy cavalry and stuff like that. But if you're planning to be in front lines, forget about it. Strategus isn't like battle or siege, it's a lot different and those with longest and deadliest weapons kill the most.

Offline Muunilinst

• Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 120
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems
  • Game nicks: Renovatio
0 allways :P , nobody gives a shit about requested pay, unless its some best player , kdr event

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
People have to expect you to do very well in battles before they agree to pay gold for mercing for them. You have to be able to produce results like in the top 5 percentile to get paid.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
+1
The fact that i made it into the first big strat battle i wanted to join without any problem gave me the hint that it isnt such a privilege to get into strat battles.

Its not hard to get in (roster control is very random, dont get too confident  :P)  but to ask for anything more than being in is hard.

Like I said I wish you to succeed in this endeavor  :)