Author Topic: Siege shit is shit  (Read 2759 times)

Offline Aderyn

• Earl
  • Renown: 365
  • Infamy: 243
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Aderyn
Re: Siege shit is shit
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2013, 04:49:21 am »
imo, siegetowers are fine as they are - the only way to actually kill them is catapults unless you want to attack it for 5-10minutes. =) 2-3 hits should be enough
Can't spell manslaughter without laughter.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2013, 07:41:58 am »
+3
imo, siegetowers are fine as they are - the only way to actually kill them is catapults unless you want to attack it for 5-10minutes. =) 2-3 hits should be enough
some time it enough 1 cav man to fucked it up for like 10-20 min cos of siege shields and weapon racks which stay in air after moving

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2013, 02:41:48 pm »
because you place them there like morons

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2013, 02:55:08 pm »
+1
you really want axes buffed eh?
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2013, 03:21:45 pm »
because you place them there like morons
I see much intelligence in this message   :P

you really want axes buffed eh?

axes ignore armor swords not.. so armored siege shit u can destroy fast with axes only for now u can fist weapon rack if u want

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2013, 03:30:11 pm »
I see much intelligence in this message   :P

axes ignore armor swords not.. so armored siege shit u can destroy fast with axes only for now u can fist weapon rack if u want

I see much whining here
that have been reported like dozens times,
devs probably will never fix it  in crpg, I can agree with you then siege eq is plain joke because there is to many ways to fuck it over in really eazzy way
but hey if you know that you will glich it that way why you place that there, for me that makes no sens

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Aderyn

• Earl
  • Renown: 365
  • Infamy: 243
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Aderyn
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2013, 04:10:12 pm »
+2
if anything weaponracks need a little hp boost because it's somewhat stupid how quick they go down >.>
Can't spell manslaughter without laughter.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2013, 05:04:11 pm »
if anything weaponracks need a little hp boost because it's somewhat stupid how quick they go down >.>

One lance at high speed and I can take down a weapon rack...they are pretty weak.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Zomg

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player
  • Lord of Sungetche
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • IRC nick: Kebabmeister
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2013, 02:23:16 am »
+1
One lance at high speed and I can take down a weapon rack...they are pretty weak.
Isn't that the purpose though? There are no magical 1 meter to 50 cm box in real life that you can take out infinite number of items out. They are most easy to build, takes less than a minute with two different people. As it is that easy to build, it should be that easy to break. And I don't think anyone actually has any problem with it. Weapon Racks are build next to the forward spawns and they are very well guarded.

Ladders
   1. Boost armor (so u can destroy it only with axes )
It is cheap and used in masses. They can't be moved but destroyed, and if you ladder up to a wall with 10-15 different players, you are ought to get on those walls, as some will surely survive. I believe the Ladders are one of the most balanced item in this game.

Archers and Xbowman on the walls
   1. All rangers gays as always
lol

Siedge towers, ramp
  1. Boost HP and armor (so u can destroy it only with axes and by shoot from cata but atleast 4-6 shoots and not 1)
  2. U need atleast 2 man by 1 from each side to move it
Yes. Because the Siege Towers are much, much, much...

(some long minutes later)

... much stronger than walls.

Furthermore, Siege Towers takes ages to actually destroy; and in some cases, are just not even attempted to be, as you are fighting the inf. coming your way through that and ladders. If you plan to boost it even more, we can just have tanks in game as well, perhaps?

Catapults
   1. Boost HP and armor (so u can destroy it only with axes and not with arrows and swords)
   2. Add multiplier for the long-range shot - hit from the catas which is right up to the wall does damage at times less than a shot from the edge of map
Catapults give a great advantage to both attackers and defenders. You can create a damn big hole in the wall, have an awesome gap to pour your infantry in, to win the battle. You can also use it as a counter-measure, from defenders point of view. It gives good advantage, with a very poor armor. That is the point. It is meant to be balanced. If you boost the HP of the catapult, it will surely give an advantage to the attacker, during sieges.

About the multiplier. What you suggested is stupid, from the physics point of view. Moment that the rock is released from the catapult, has the highest impact power; as it still has the maximum amount of kinetic energy. As the rock moves forward, air friction and gravity creates a gap between the potential and kinetic, thus, being slower and slower. Even from long distance, the amount of speed that the rock would gain from dropping down to the earth, wouldn't exceed the potential energy that rock first possessed during the launch.

realy nice suggestions but i somehow didnt see them when UIF was on defence
I suppose I have nothing to add to that mere comment. That is sad. For the whole community. Everyone voices up their opinion, when such opinion benefits them and only them. It is like we are bunch of 12 years olds, trying to change the rules of the game, so that we can have a better chance of winning. At some point, people needs to understand this is a game, and we are playing to have fun.

That is my two cents.

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2013, 01:54:09 am »
also, replace some maps.

There are at least 5 or 6 castles which are simply impossible to capture.
Either they are extremely tiny, so the defending team can practically be everywhere, anytime.
Or they´re made out of wood and impossible to crack open with catapults.
Or they´re on a hill, so siege towers just go 45 degree leaning tower of Pisa and get useless.

At least remove tiny castles which are also placed on a hill; these can be defended by 5 peasants with rocks against a 2500 strong shiny army.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2013, 02:01:17 am »
Or they´re on a hill, so siege towers just go 45 degree leaning tower of Pisa and get useless.

That is a major problem. You get almost horizontal siege towers driving around on the hills. It's retarded. The ramp also ends up hanging in thin air from time to time which is also very strange. :?
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2013, 02:13:12 am »
There were plenty of small castles back in the medieval times and building them on hills was a strategic move. For the first time in a long time attackers actually have to struggle. They went about 0:6 which is good for attacking a castle imo. It was fun not to see attackers just going in and go 1:1 which seems very stupid. So a big no to removing small castles. The other points i can agree on.

And impossible is a strong word. The night before this GO went 1:1. So, blame the commanders not the map.

Offline Segd

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 88
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2013, 03:17:09 am »
+4
It was fun not to see attackers just going in and go 1:1 which seems very stupid.
Actually, this is how it should be in a game. Both sides should have pretty same amount of fun & xp(depending on gear, players & commanders). For a game it's kinda bad that one part of players(uif now) always gets less xp & fun than the other part(anti-uif) despite the fact that we are winning. From now on there would be hundreds of castle & city sieges where anti-uif will be pew-pewing  & uif will be flying from broken ladders. Each Anti-uif member participating will get tens of millions of xp more than uif guy, & that is very unbalanced thing for a game(fuck history). IMHO Strat battles should be like a Siege server(sometimes attackers making more xp, sometimes defenders).

Btw, current "siege shit is shit". Every battle & siege you need to spend 10 min to build f.base, racks, catas etc. Another 10-15 for catapults to do their job.
But imagine that would battles be like, if devs return the old c.material mechanics where you needed like 3 c.ms to build a cata or a tower. This will make the sieges & battles more interesting, fun & arcade. Want to destroy walls? Allow everybody to build their own cata. 10-20 catapults will make their job a lot faster. More ppl would be involved having fun & not just staying for half of the battle in cover. No need to wait forever for a new spawn point or siege tower. Just build it in a moment & go fight.
Just look at the performance of the ppl who are responsible for building. All that they do now is just build until the time of the battle runs out. This is just unfair.
Prices for CS & CM should be increased too ofc.
I hope anti-uif wont spam minuses on my head  :rolleyes: Of coarse this proposal is very UIF-biased right now. But I would like too see it in Strat 5 or in this new chadz thing.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 03:24:55 am by Segd »

Offline Rogue

• Earl
  • Renown: 332
  • Infamy: 31
  • Margrave of Brandenburg
    • View Profile
    • HRE Forum
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Rogue_HRE Harald_HRE Lodwig_HRE Egidius_HRE
  • IRC nick: Rogue_HRE
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2013, 07:09:40 am »
+2
You can always sign up for us Segd, I will gladly reserve you a spot!   :wink:

Sacrum Romanum Imperium

Offline Segd

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 88
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2013, 08:58:58 am »
You can always sign up for us Segd, I will gladly reserve you a spot!   :wink:
Thanks, I'd love too, but I think I wont be able to play for UIF anymore then   :cry: People don't like friendly fire much   :P