Author Topic: Transfering garbage to a fief under siege  (Read 6032 times)

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
Transfering garbage to a fief under siege
« on: August 09, 2013, 11:01:17 pm »
+2
AKA Item bombing; though I felt like that wasn't the approriate title since only a small number of things were sent over... At anyrate... somebody dumped some bullshit items into Ichamur.

Horn Bow:       3 (all)
Great Maul:       1 (all)
Bolts:       2 (all)
Nasal Helmet:       29 (all)
Horn Bow:       3 (all)
Heavy Lance:       7 (all)
Fighting Axe:       3 (all)
Rondel Dagger:       4 (all)
Heavy Bastard Sword:       4 (all)
Long Spear:       7 (all)
Hunting Crossbow:       4 (all)
Long Hafted Spiked Mace:       1 (all)
Military Cleaver:       3 (all)
Long Maul:       2 (all)
Hunting Crossbow:       1 (all)
Military Sickle:       1 (all)
Huscarl's Round Shield:       1 (all)

That is a list of random junk that wasn't in the fief earlier.
It isn't likely to cause an issue THIS battle but since I'll be at work during the fight I doubt I'll be able to sort the gear properly for the next one and this kind of shit will pile up.

I don't really want to point fingers as to who is doing this, but it seems highly probable that one of the LL fellows simply dumped his leftover gear into the fief. I really don't appreciate this kind of thing and it is against the rules for a reason; I have stayed put in my fief to try to keep the equipment in good condition, having someone fuck up my work after initiating an attack is really damn low. If you want to make sure it doesn't lead to any nonsense then I would ask you not to attack again tonight so that I can get all the gear out after the battle ( i can log on at work but I highly doubt I'll be on at the exact time the battle ends)

Offline Matey

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
Re: Transfering garbage to a fief under siege
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 05:02:15 am »
Stay classy LL. I tell you I'm stuck at work and that one of your guys dumped in some shit gear which would lead to equipment bugs and asked you to delay an attack... What do you do instead? attack minutes after the battle and set it to raid trying to steal all the gear I won't have time to remove or sort. Stay fuckin classy. You deserve every item you get out the raid.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 06:26:30 am »
Why did you take your troops out anyways?

They doing you a favor raiding!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 07:55:57 am »
+5
Stay classy LL. I tell you I'm stuck at work and that one of your guys dumped in some shit gear which would lead to equipment bugs and asked you to delay an attack... What do you do instead? attack minutes after the battle and set it to raid trying to steal all the gear I won't have time to remove or sort. Stay fuckin classy. You deserve every item you get out the raid.

Matey I honestly feel bad for you since you were at work. But I also don't blame LL for using this to their advantage since FCC does whenever possable.

About the transfer, how many other people were in the feif? Are there any "randoms" who could have said I'm never going to play strat again, I'll give these guys my stuff to be nice.
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2013, 08:43:49 am »
+9
Matey I honestly feel bad for you since you were at work. But I also don't blame LL for using this to their advantage since FCC does whenever possable.

About the transfer, how many other people were in the feif? Are there any "randoms" who could have said I'm never going to play strat again, I'll give these guys my stuff to be nice.

Well, I haven't actually seen FCC "item bomb" with the proper use of the term, which is transferring items manually into a fief to clog up the inventory. They've been known to send "dirty armies" at fiefs, but never anything too outrageous; they probably just send in their army that happens to have mismatched gear with more item types than their others first. It's rather convenient since you don't have to tediously manage inventories all that much and it is effective if the fief owner is either AFK, inactive, or strat-ignorant. Not sure if I'd do it myself, but I wouldn't say that such a thing is completely out of the question.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Dutchydave

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LL_greatsage, Die_In_A_Fire, Dutchy, Halfcast, basic
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2013, 08:54:03 am »
+1

I believe you accusing me is just a put off because you couldn't be there when the battle ended.Re attacking the instant a wave finishes is the proper way to siege a fief under the current rules.Im not here to be friendly im here to take your city or inflict as much damage as possible.

Lol I deserve every item I get?That makes me believe that I will get nothing and somehow you managed to get all the gear out even though I pressed attack the second the battle ended.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2013, 09:42:30 am »
Think of all the guys who have told you they're stuck in EU... I don't see you waiting...
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Matey

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2013, 10:07:07 am »
+1
I believe you accusing me is just a put off because you couldn't be there when the battle ended.Re attacking the instant a wave finishes is the proper way to siege a fief under the current rules.Im not here to be friendly im here to take your city or inflict as much damage as possible.

Lol I deserve every item I get?That makes me believe that I will get nothing and somehow you managed to get all the gear out even though I pressed attack the second the battle ended.
I pulled all gear out of the fief after yesterdays battle to ensure that there would be a really well done gear list for the next battle since I would be at work; that way the fief could survive 2 fights without bugged gear (hopefully); but lo and behold, a bunch of random shit gear showed up in my fief after the battle was already initiated and what do you know? you had a new army with 0 extra crates. I can't prove who did it, but seeing as it all looked like leftover gear from the last fight it seemed pretty likely that it was you sage, prolly dumping your extra shit on me and then getting your new army with no extra crates that way you didnt have to sort your inventory or anything.

Think of all the guys who have told you they're stuck in EU... I don't see you waiting...

If they leave their fief then it's their own fault. Also, I didn't request them to delay because I was stuck at work, I requested they delay because one of them dumped broken shit gear into the fief which could cause problems later. It is against the rules to do that but I gave them the benefit of the doubt that it was done out ignorance or in jest as opposed to being done maliciously to gain an advantage, as such I figured they would take the high road and ensure that they did not gain unfair advantage out of someone breaking a rule (perhaps unknowingly). They chose to take full advantage of it. I guess I can't expect any class from LL.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2013, 05:45:35 pm »
If you had 0 troops on you are lucky they raided...

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2013, 06:04:37 pm »

Not if he had all the great gear from the previous battle inside but half unusable because of having people drop random gear into the fief in an attempt to item bomb.  Losing all that gear would be rough but not losing it still a problem because of the item bombing.   
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Matey

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2013, 08:37:31 pm »
+1

Kesh already covered it really. Sure this turns out in our favour because I had ridiculously lucky timing at work and managed to get the gear out and they are attacking 0 troops with a raid... But seeing as they dumped in broken gear into my fief so that my gear list would bug out... If i hadn't been so lucky getting the gear out then we woulda had to put troops in to use the gear and then we woulda had tons of items we couldn't use because of the item bomb dropped on us and they would have either won and stolen said gear or at least gotten a much better KDR than their previous battles. Just because their cheating failed to gain them an advantage (this time) doesn't mean it should be ignored.

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2013, 08:21:05 am »
+1

The only time we did a proper item bomb was during strat 2. We did a lot of "beta testing" in those days. I'd say we've been acting well within the rules this year.

If you simply mean attacking our enemy when they're obviously in a weakened state, then yeah we've done that. However, we also will negotiate battle times with our enemies when they come to us. It's rare that you lot try to be civil, but it happens.

Offline Jack1

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2013, 08:58:03 am »
+2
The only time we did a proper item bomb was during strat 2. We did a lot of "beta testing" in those days. I'd say we've been acting well within the rules this year.

If you simply mean attacking our enemy when they're obviously in a weakened state, then yeah we've done that. However, we also will negotiate battle times with our enemies when they come to us. It's rare that you lot try to be civil, but it happens.

nowhere did I say that you did perform an "illegal" item bomb. What I meant was explained by Sanderson.

as for attacking an enemy when there at a weakened state, you don't. you attack feifs when the owners are not inside to item bomb the hell out of it. Mabey not illeagely but totally in a douchebaggery type of way that you seem to still not be willing to own up for anywhere. I know for a fact that I stoped mercing for FCC after about the 2nd or 3rd siege because at the end of one I heard kesh say "if there are any items that look as if they were not used much, use them. that way they have as many different items as possible."

as for us coming to you to try and make a civil battle time, the last time that sandy tried that you guys became total assholes about it. (well mostly kesh) so why would we bother trying again?

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2013, 09:10:33 am »
Which battle was that? How long ago? What did you want exactly?

Without knowing the specifics, I'm still not surprised. You Frisians want us to HATE you. You try very hard at it. Not all of our enemies are so zealous.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 09:17:56 am by Gristle »

Offline Jack1

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2013, 09:26:07 am »
+2
Which battle was that? How long ago? What did you want exactly?

Without knowing the specifics, I'm still not surprised. You Frisians want us to HATE you. You try very hard at it. Not all of our enemies are so zealous.

Sorry but it was the sieges of almerrad about 6 months ago.

edit: I don't really want to make you guys hate us. I just tend to try to prove people wrong whenever possible and most of the FCC's who post are the type who refuse to be wrong. (not a fun combo)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 09:31:50 am by Risen_Jack »