Author Topic: Dark Souls II  (Read 70691 times)

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
Re: Dark Souls II
« Reply #870 on: May 21, 2014, 09:36:04 pm »
:lol:

If it was just 50 levels.

Entire endgame in DS2 has a friday afternoon designing vibe and soul memory is the pinnacle of the stupidity. Soul memory was supposed to protect your everyday George from low level twinks and PVPers with optimized builds looking for a fight, and now thanks to soul memory George the Casual who loses 50% of the souls he earns is getting matched against veterans who lose nothing and spent everything on making their characters better.

And thats just the smaller problem, the actual retardation is that you cant keep your soul memory low because you keep earning souls even while exlusively PVPing with your SL150. In other words, no matter what you do (except not playing) you will eventually enter the tier of SL600 havelmonsters.

So basically what you're saying is, my best bet is to become on of those SL600 bastards.  :wink:
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: May 21, 2014, 09:51:59 pm »
So basically what you're saying is, my best bet is to become on of those SL600 bastards. 

Well, if you are just starting out then its nothing to be concerned about and I guess there is a chance that From will fix this before you get to that point.   :wink:

Also,
Any recommended weapons or items to grab early on? Something like the Drake Sword in DkS1? And what would be a good faith weapon to grab early on?

You will get a very good faith weapon and Drake sword equivalent fairly early in the game by just playing the normal route.
Mods compatible with cRPG. New crosshairs, textures, sounds, yay.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #872 on: May 21, 2014, 10:01:40 pm »
That build kinda sucked, make your own faith build, you might not like his build. The stats are pretty weak on his build anyway :P

Good starting wep for faith users is the Heide sword, you can get it from the first Heide knight in Forrest of the fallen giants.

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #873 on: May 21, 2014, 10:25:38 pm »
That build kinda sucked, make your own faith build, you might not like his build. The stats are pretty weak on his build anyway :P

Good starting wep for faith users is the Heide sword, you can get it from the first Heide knight in Forrest of the fallen giants.

Recommended adjustments? Too high of faith on it? Too low of everything else?

Yeah tried to grab it and got my ass kicked, did not expect the quick turn-around slash haha.

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: May 21, 2014, 10:42:02 pm »
If you mean this
(click to show/hide)

then it could use some improvements.

1. You dont need INT at all as Faith build, so you should start as bandit/knight (lowest INT), so you dont waste SLs.
2. Way too low ADP and hp.
3. Why SL 120?

Something like this is better:

(click to show/hide)

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
« Reply #875 on: May 21, 2014, 10:59:43 pm »
Ahhh fair enough! Well I already started as a Cleric so probably a bit late for that. But it is my first playthrough so my real PvP character will probably be my second toon.  :D

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: May 21, 2014, 11:02:35 pm »
Yeah, that build has way too much spread out stats. This is my build on the FTH char - mind you this was no preplanning and I just put points where it felt right putting them (imo I have a bit too much ATN):

(click to show/hide)

Also, what Tot said is very true. Because of what SM is, it's unavoidable and it'll keep increasing, unless you only do Brotherhood of Blood arena. So I'm currently just making new chars every time I complete NG and also doing some BoB PvP and hoping they'll do something with this shit. That being said, does From even patch their released games or is this just empty hopesH

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: May 21, 2014, 11:26:44 pm »
30 ATN lol :D

Remind me of my old Dark Souls PvP build where I looked wrong and put 32 ATN instead of Dex, thank god for respec!

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #878 on: May 21, 2014, 11:55:27 pm »
So i'm curious to wether a hoplite style of play could be viable, because as I see it now its just complete crap.. The reach could be argued as an advantage but in practice the attacks with spear/board combo ussually leave you open for attacks.

Any tips though? I am dying to get this to work but I dont seem to grasp it.. At all.
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
« Reply #879 on: May 21, 2014, 11:55:30 pm »
+1
Honestly if you're not doing SL150 fight clubs there is literally no reason to keep yourself capped at any specific soul level such as 150 unless you just want to give yourself a handicap against opponents. Eventually your soul memory will outstrip your chosen SL and you'll be fighting SL250+ people. And since the Brotherhood of Blood arena doesn't care about Soul Memory OR Soul Level (just what journey you're in, ie NG, NG+, etc) if you go into the BoB arena at SL150 enjoy fighting against people who are SL300 such as myself.

The equivalent analogy is keeping yourself capped at level 25 in cRPG (not spending attributes or skill points beyond what you would have at level 25, of course).

Quote from: Uumdi
sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
Quote from: Uumdi
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: May 22, 2014, 12:09:43 am »
So i'm curious to wether a hoplite style of play could be viable, because as I see it now its just complete crap.. The reach could be argued as an advantage but in practice the attacks with spear/board combo ussually leave you open for attacks.

Any tips though? I am dying to get this to work but I dont seem to grasp it.. At all.

Spear in one hand, sword in other :D

Gives you lots of variations if the enemy is a slippy slopper and a curve attack would suit better.

Also I've gotten all my chars. over 150 after some time, my lowest for PvP is on 155 SL atm.

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: May 22, 2014, 12:14:08 am »

You know that with spear you can attack while blocking with the shield at the same time, right? I'd say that spear and shield is probably the easiest to use and most effective melee build for PVE in Souls games.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #882 on: May 22, 2014, 12:23:34 am »
You know that with spear you can attack while blocking with the shield at the same time, right? I'd say that spear and shield is probably the easiest to use and most effective melee build for PVE in Souls games.

Foreals!? Like the hollow soldier spearmen underneath the cardinal tower?

Spear in one hand, sword in other :D

Gives you lots of variations if the enemy is a slippy slopper and a curve attack would suit better.

Also I've gotten all my chars. over 150 after some time, my lowest for PvP is on 155 SL atm.

Hmm, use the sword up close and the spear for surprise reach stabs? Reckon i'd use the pike then as reach weapon and a decent hitter 1h for nuke damage?

And i'm pretty convinced I don't like magic, god thats boring after having melee'd all the bosses :D
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: May 22, 2014, 01:17:28 am »
+1
Top lel, random invaded in Drangleic, he died in 2 hits and chugged, lol'd real hard when I saw on player met that I had him on steam :D

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: May 22, 2014, 01:55:18 am »
+1
Although only lvl ~35 I tried MP today.

Summoned a phantom to help with a boss - he killed the boss by shooting him with ballista  :lol:

Then I decided to invade, first one was an easy win, second one I got utterly destroyed but the third I lost but the lag was ridiculous, I dodged half his attacks but they counted as hits, I also did 2 backstabs the animation started bu for some reason it never went through, really annoyed me.