Author Topic: Dark Souls II  (Read 70677 times)

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls II
« Reply #1470 on: April 02, 2015, 08:26:10 pm »
I've been reading reddit getting hyped at work, some people rate new enemy placement others think its underwhelming. but I haven't played any of the DLC yet, so was quite excited to come home and pirate the game. Was 50% through my scholar of the first sin torrent, but just decided fuck it I will blow £20 just to not miss out on the occasional thrill of invaders.

Even tho I'm essentially buying an expansion pack not standard consumer raping DLC, its still overpriced when a whole new darksouls game could be £30.

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: April 02, 2015, 11:35:44 pm »
+1
Too bad I can't play the dx11 in this pc properly, and I'm not gonna buy the dx9 again with dlc's (already have it, fuck their publishers).

Also, the 60fps durability bug still happens in this version, because "reasons". Really lame from those devs.

Meanwhile, some old gem:

Offline Banok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: April 03, 2015, 04:24:05 am »
Well game isnt that different so far, got my self pretty hollowed attempting a certain exploit they have ninja fixed, and had a couple of minor surprises. Hopefully DLC I havent tried yet will spice things up.

I have chosen the dark side
(click to show/hide)

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #1473 on: April 03, 2015, 09:19:06 am »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

sauce plox

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: April 04, 2015, 12:19:00 pm »
I'm currently doing a new game with hobo class and 24/7 champion covenant. This is basically how I played DeS and DaS so we'll see how it goes.

Offline Banok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: April 07, 2015, 05:54:52 am »
I'm currently doing a new game with hobo class and 24/7 champion covenant. This is basically how I played DeS and DaS so we'll see how it goes.

Im trying this now and its fucken hard as fuck

Some of the minor changes in scholar really wreck you, like getting ring of binding is not feasible early. so Im going to get stuck on 50% hp real fast the amount im dieing.

edit: made it through the early stuggle. grand lance is a girls best friend.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 09:16:53 am by Banok »

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #1476 on: December 03, 2015, 01:58:04 pm »
Picked this up in the last steam sale and already finished it.

Disappointed with the story and lore more than anything. It felt very much a rinse and repeat but without a lot of the indepth character backgrounds.

That and the fact it wasn't all that hard. Built myself as a pure strength with UGS and great shield. Not as OP as DS1 but could still tank the heck out of everything and deal insane damage. Once you get past the great lords (the only interesting one being the spider) the other bosses were just meh. All I killed within 2-3 tries, usually on my own or at most 1 NPC. They were all pretty similar.

I never had any o shit I'm fucked moments like DS1.

Going to go with a more challenging build next time round. Didn't get round to doing the DLC either so I'm going to go through that in the next play through.

Any suggestions for fun builds? Most of the ones I can find online are a bit meh. Looking for a combination of DEX and some form of spell casting, whether sorcery, hexes or just pyro I haven't decided yet.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #1477 on: December 03, 2015, 02:06:40 pm »
Picked this up in the last steam sale and already finished it.

Disappointed with the story and lore more than anything. It felt very much a rinse and repeat but without a lot of the indepth character backgrounds.

That and the fact it wasn't all that hard. Built myself as a pure strength with UGS and great shield. Not as OP as DS1 but could still tank the heck out of everything and deal insane damage. Once you get past the great lords (the only interesting one being the spider) the other bosses were just meh. All I killed within 2-3 tries, usually on my own or at most 1 NPC. They were all pretty similar.

I never had any o shit I'm fucked moments like DS1.

Going to go with a more challenging build next time round. Didn't get round to doing the DLC either so I'm going to go through that in the next play through.

Any suggestions for fun builds? Most of the ones I can find online are a bit meh. Looking for a combination of DEX and some form of spell casting, whether sorcery, hexes or just pyro I haven't decided yet.

Try NG+, it actually adds new stuff compared to regular NG. Also yeah, pure str build seems like the common path and also one of the easier ones. The game itself isnt super hard true, but ng+ is nice and pvp is fun. DLC as usual is the harder part of the game.

Casting is pretty imba, but last run i did was with caestus dualwield, which is fun but pretty weak. Then in the dlc you can find the bone fist which gives you a hadouken and kungfu attacks.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #1478 on: December 03, 2015, 02:08:06 pm »
Dark Souls 2 was the only souls game where I could complete bosses on my first try, even though I played Demon Souls after I played Dark Souls it still gave me a hard time, and by then I had already learned how to play Souls games. I also agree on the lore / story part, had me the least interested of all 3. I also never play with shields, maybe you could make a longsword no shield char? :P

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #1479 on: December 03, 2015, 02:16:50 pm »
Well with the lore it had the standard dark souls I have no idea what I'm doing and why I'm doing it feel other than loosely hunting for bosses. But with DS1 once you delved a bit more in depth the lore and background to a lot of the bosses and even NPCs was crazy. All the back stories for the great lords were really interesting and NPCs like Quelana and many others also had interesting stories.

On this one there just didn't seem to be much of that other than with Vendrick and Nashendra with some loose references to Lordran being way in the past and kingdoms falling and rising with the rekindling of the flame. That was about it so it feels slightly empty in comparison.

I was vaguely tempted by a twin blades caster to gear myself up for Star Wars but upon some research I decided against it. I've also been tempted by dual wielding but so far some sort of dex weapon with hexes has drawn me most.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #1480 on: December 03, 2015, 02:52:00 pm »
I made a full STR build with Ultra Greatsword and Red Rust Scimitar dual wielding, probably the most fun build I ever made. Used pyromancy glove for healing and buffing for PvP. Also remember to bring throwing daggers if you're going PvP. I have won so many matches with those.