Author Topic: 100K CRPG gold for top perfomers  (Read 1946 times)

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
100K CRPG gold for top perfomers
« on: June 25, 2013, 12:08:23 am »
http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=battlesupcoming#!?page=battledetail&id=4155

Battle at 9:21 pm est, sign up for defenders Free Companies of Calradia

We are defending a great city and our offering 50K crpg gold for top score, 25K crpg gold for most kills, 25K crpg gold for top KDR

Great gear and its defending a very defensible city.  Looking forward to a fun battle - thank you to sage for finally letting us defend a city :)  I respecced to archer for you.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
Re: 100K CRPG gold for top perfomers
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 02:45:35 pm »
Amazing job guys, pretty epic battle against a force with a massive amount of milanese plate in a very confusing labyrinthine city.  Thanks to all the mercs who showed up and will be getting 1K strat gold (give me a couple days on this one). 

Special thanks to:

Tristran_Steward_of_TKOV - Highest score - 50K sent - 53-48
Lumetta the Berserk - Most Kills - 25K sent - 67-41
Dbrookz - Best KDR - 25K (put up stones) - 36-2

But everyone did pretty amazing here - with so many place to defend after an initial confusion with the maze you clinched it pretty hard with quick shifts to wherever people were needed whether it was the walls, the moat or the stone bridge and nice work always breaking their forward spawns on that island.

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 03:33:47 pm »
+1
I tried adding some cave in this gen and overall I just do not like it much.... However during this fight it was completely worth every point. Daruvian got into the back of the city and got off his horse to drop some flags. Just as he was about to jump on I whistled the horse over and killed it. Killing him is much easier on foot than when he rides.

Leader of BS

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 03:40:58 pm »
+2
I tried adding some cave in this gen

(click to show/hide)
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 03:43:40 pm »
What was the point of yolo'ing 2500 troops at Reyvadin? Was trying to find this discussed, but didn't see it anywhere else on forums...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 03:47:32 pm »
I tried adding some cave in this gen and overall I just do not like it much.... However during this fight it was completely worth every point. Daruvian got into the back of the city and got off his horse to drop some flags. Just as he was about to jump on I whistled the horse over and killed it. Killing him is much easier on foot than when he rides.

Yeah you guys were wrecking him and some of the other heavy cav players that don't do well on foot.  I think  a lot of them got less than a 1:1 k/d even using milanese plate +3 and black milanese plate +3 - with the gauntlets they were using 77 and 67 body armor respectively.  I'm still amazed how well our guys did with mostly street to street fighting using 59 body armor with the +3 sarranid guard armor and +3 mail mittens.

And Huseby - I think he was trying to do what we had done to KUTT with that city to make up for the troops we stole that way from bulugur.  But its actually really hard to cap all flags on a city and even ahrder in most casles, but not a lot of alternatives since we don't stockpile massive amounts of troops in villages.

Offline dynamike

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 03:47:36 pm »
What was the point of yolo'ing 2500 troops at Reyvadin? Was trying to find this discussed, but didn't see it anywhere else on forums...

They tried to cap flags with ridonkulous amounts of armor in a maze of a city. They actually started off pretty well and got close to pushing us out of the main keep once (when they opened the main gate), but basically got slaughtered later in the game when armors evened out and we ended up at a 1 to 1 ratio.

Was a fun fight, with some unnecessary aggravation spikes in TS (Kesh I'm looking at you).
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 03:55:31 pm »
They tried to cap flags with ridonkulous amounts of armor in a maze of a city. They actually started off pretty well and got close to pushing us out of the main keep once (when they opened the main gate), but basically got slaughtered later in the game when armors evened out and we ended up at a 1 to 1 ratio.

Was a fun fight, with some unnecessary aggravation spikes in TS (Kesh I'm looking at you).

:( yeah the confusion and everybody getting lost at the beginning was frustrating to say the least when asked for the 5th time where the island was and saying just look for the giant fucking mill and battalion flag 1 for the keep and then seeing from the keep them all just storming across with a bunch of guys still trying to figure out where the front wall was.  They actually got the front walls because of all the confusion and had pushed to the stone bridge before we got our act together.  Of course now that a lot of people have fought this map again recently, next time it won't be a problem.  Still an interesting city despite the maze.  And everyone came back really strong once they figured out the city and we did great from them on.

Offline dynamike

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2013, 04:04:48 pm »
+1
:( yeah the confusion and everybody getting lost at the beginning was frustrating to say the least when asked for the 5th time where the island was and saying just look for the giant fucking mill and battalion flag 1 for the keep and then seeing from the keep them all just storming across with a bunch of guys still trying to figure out where the front wall was.  They actually got the front walls because of all the confusion and had pushed to the stone bridge before we got our act together.  Of course now that a lot of people have fought this map again recently, next time it won't be a problem.  Still an interesting city despite the maze.  And everyone came back really strong once they figured out the city and we did great from them on.

Yeah, not saying it was not justified - but we are deterring our mercs if we let the anger show in TS. They all did a great job in the end.

Trust me, I'm the first angry German person that needs to control his aggravation at times as well  :|

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2013, 04:07:36 pm »
+1
Ah shit, saw the thread now. Would've given it a shot at your side if I knew about it :P
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2013, 05:07:57 pm »
I mean, sure they were obviously trying to cap flags, but even if they took reyvadin, what the fuck would they have done with it afterwards?  Seems like a waste of troops to me, but hey as Frank would say "For the good thing" (aka moar xp)
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2013, 05:18:52 pm »
+1
I mean, sure they were obviously trying to cap flags, but even if they took reyvadin, what the fuck would they have done with it afterwards?  Seems like a waste of troops to me, but hey as Frank would say "For the good thing" (aka moar xp)

we call it feeding the Terrortops

on a side note nudge have to go.. I thought kicks were bad!!
Leader of BS

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2013, 07:36:03 pm »
Kesh, you're literally the poorest sport in the fucking world.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2013, 09:32:37 pm »

Greatsage had been building up his army over a period of 3 months with the sole intent of dealing FCC a crippling, humiliating blow. It was only recently (approx. 1.5 to 2 weeks) that it was decided by the involved parties that Reyvadin would be the target. So many troops were in the attacking army in order to max out the timer in an effort to capture all flags in the city.

However, our side suffered from poor organization and too many people (who are mostly competent in their own right) shouting orders, some of them conflicting with eachother. It was a rough ordeal, and was frustrating for many on our team. I believe we would have performed much better if everybody sans 4-5 people were muted in teamspeak. Typing shit out is perfectly fine. I really thought Arowaine was being a bastard when he ran a few battles with everyone but him, bonsai, and inglorious muted, but those battles went phenomenally.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2013, 09:38:29 pm »
Yeah Sandy we know that pain. Everyone wants to be a general regardless if they are in the faction leading the fight or not. Causes confusion overall. We can not do the priority speaker or mute everyone thing it seems even tho sometimes I wish we did.

Leader of BS