Author Topic: Movement Speed  (Read 4368 times)

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
Re: Movement Speed
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2013, 02:32:40 pm »
i dont know how crates calculate
 if u have different types of good for example 99*6 (594 in summ) give 99 crates in same time 594 of 1 type goods give u 400 crates and 100*10 = 167 crates in same time 1k goods = 1000*0.666 ~ 667 crates...
for max speed u need #horses more then troops more then crates and more then biggest amount of goods if u have several types

so for transport 600 goods (1 type) with max speed u need 600 horses
or only 100 in u have 6 types  goods * 99  (or 101 horses for 100*6 cos its give u 101 crates)

but its almost useless for big factions caravans cos they transfer not more than 2-3 types of goods in same time and its pain in ass calculate how many horses u need and if plan swap with some one u can be fuccked so better just take so many horses as goods u have

Thanks again, its food for though.

I prefer to not waste too much rounceys on caravan so I aim for the fewest, but like you said its a pain in the ass to not know exactly how it works.

Offline En_Dotter

• Earl
  • Renown: 330
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Main: Qunicy_En_Dotter; Alts: Guardian_En_Dotter; Guardian_Spiralle
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2013, 02:59:55 pm »
I am totally confused now. I remember carrying over 10k crates of maybe 10 good types and having 500 troops or less. I used 11k rouncies with no problems. I had speed of 30-34 on plains. I dont understand that document Butan posted. How do i used it?

Lets do some examples. if i have 100 crates of goods (one type) and 100 troops is 200 horses enough? If i have 100 crates (50 each type) and 100 troops is 200 horses enough? If i carry 1000k crates of one good type and 100 troops is 1000.1k horses enough? If i carrying 1000k crates of 10 different goods type and 100 troops is 1000.1k horses enough???

WTF :D
Nothing is better than eternal happiness.
Eating a sandwich is better than nothing.
Therefore, eating a sandwich is better than eternal happiness.

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2013, 03:13:52 pm »
I am totally confused now. I remember carrying over 10k crates of maybe 10 good types and having 500 troops or less. I used 11k rouncies with no problems. I had speed of 30-34 on plains. I dont understand that document Butan posted. How do i used it?

Lets do some examples. if i have 100 crates of goods (one type) and 100 troops is 200 horses enough? If i have 100 crates (50 each type) and 100 troops is 200 horses enough? If i carry 1000k crates of one good type and 100 troops is 1000.1k horses enough? If i carrying 1000k crates of 10 different goods type and 100 troops is 1000.1k horses enough???

WTF :D
yes for all examples ) but too many "1000k" i think its just typo but still do u mean just 1000 or 1 000 000 )))
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 03:17:07 pm by Vovka »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline En_Dotter

• Earl
  • Renown: 330
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Main: Qunicy_En_Dotter; Alts: Guardian_En_Dotter; Guardian_Spiralle
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2013, 06:31:21 pm »
It wasnt a typo. I wrote 1000k on purpose. As we know most of use use the common "bug" that hides crates. I wrote 1000k to simulate the large trade stuff. We know caravans sometimes have 20k crates or 50k. What happens in those situations?
Nothing is better than eternal happiness.
Eating a sandwich is better than nothing.
Therefore, eating a sandwich is better than eternal happiness.

Offline Penguin

• Duke
  • Renown: 670
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player
  • JesusChrist
    • View Profile
  • Faction: [A]rrows Incoming!
  • Game nicks: [Y]Retreat!
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2013, 10:33:49 pm »
As Vovka is showing and what you also should get on your stratpage, if u dont, then try disabling your scripts, restart your browser and wait a minute for the page to update after your move action.
There is something going wrong on your page, because we just cant reproduce your numbers mate, no reason to start a betting contest for that...

Well, I can once again confirm that I am moving at max speed with the exact numbers. Nothing is wrong with scripts or my browser. I have been moving for hours and I can clearly tell I'm going at max pace.
"As you gaze upon the cross, and long for conformity to him, be not weary or fearful because you cannot express in words what you seek. Ask him to plant the cross in your heart. Believe in him, the crucified and now living one, to dwell within you, and breathe his own mind there."

Offline Bjarky

• Earl
  • Renown: 352
  • Infamy: 31
  • U got gold? I bring tea, silk, hemp, camels +more!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Leadership member)
  • Game nicks: Guard_BD_Bjarky, Guard_the_Lederhosen
  • IRC nick: bjarky
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2013, 03:04:28 am »
So your speed is in the 30'ies (without quickmarch) and you have different types of goods or just one type?

Offline Penguin

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • JesusChrist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2013, 05:14:01 am »
So your speed is in the 30'ies (without quickmarch) and you have different types of goods or just one type?

I don't know how to make this much clearer. I have one type of goods, 5020 of it and 21 stakes. I am moving at 32.202 speed with 2927 horses.
"As you gaze upon the cross, and long for conformity to him, be not weary or fearful because you cannot express in words what you seek. Ask him to plant the cross in your heart. Believe in him, the crucified and now living one, to dwell within you, and breathe his own mind there."

Offline Vovka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2013, 06:23:59 am »
can u make 2 screenshots?
1st - ur info
2nd one (turn off all ur scripts, f5 and ss ur inventory in "faction" menu) ^^

Offline Bjarky

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2013, 06:47:38 am »
Very interesting, after testing back and forth, it seems like the mechanics have changed again since the 0.3.0.0 (from 18-05-2013) patch.
Because at that time this would not work, many have done their testing and ofc made some googlesheets with it.

Now things work with crates again if its only with one type of goods, i also checked your thingy if i stack different types of goods as well and then it wont work crate wise, quite odd.
then a different rule sets in place the no goods type above horses rule...

So yeah, if one person only has one type of goods u can go: troops x2 + horses > crates.
If u have more than one type of goods it becomes different, then its: horses >= goods (u can stack different kinds but none of them may have a higher number than horses, the sum of all goods can be higher as long no type of them is above the horse number).
Example a: fewer troops than 1k horsies with 1k salty stones & 1k cute cats = horse speeds.
Example b: fewer troops than 1k horsies with 1100 salty stones & 1k cute cats = speed penalty (crates are still within the limit but this no longer applies).

Offline Vovka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2013, 07:35:39 am »
+2
tested right now again

troops: 200 naked
goods Colored sand: 5000
crates: 3343
rouncey +3: 3000     3000 +200*2=3400>3343
speed:14,189

rouncey +3: 3343     as many as crates
speed:14,716

rouncey +3: 5000     as many as goods
speed: 32,841

:( chadz nefred druzhina caravans

Offline Bjarky

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2013, 08:11:38 am »
funny stuff, i tried vovka's exact numbers just with my own goods and i have horsespeed 32.841 meters per minute  8-)
GG DRZ, its over  :twisted:

Offline Vovka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2013, 08:16:06 am »
conspiracy!  :evil:

Offline Penguin

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • JesusChrist
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2013, 08:45:15 am »
Very interesting, after testing back and forth, it seems like the mechanics have changed again since the 0.3.0.0 (from 18-05-2013) patch.
Because at that time this would not work, many have done their testing and ofc made some googlesheets with it.

Now things work with crates again if its only with one type of goods, i also checked your thingy if i stack different types of goods as well and then it wont work crate wise, quite odd.
then a different rule sets in place the no goods type above horses rule...

So yeah, if one person only has one type of goods u can go: troops x2 + horses > crates.
If u have more than one type of goods it becomes different, then its: horses >= goods (u can stack different kinds but none of them may have a higher number than horses, the sum of all goods can be higher as long no type of them is above the horse number).
Example a: fewer troops than 1k horsies with 1k salty stones & 1k cute cats = horse speeds.
Example b: fewer troops than 1k horsies with 1100 salty stones & 1k cute cats = speed penalty (crates are still within the limit but this no longer applies).

This is interesting. If I read it right then I could potentially have 5000 wolf pelts, 5000 silver cups, and 5000 gold nuggets while suffering no speed penalty? I will test this once I get back in a fief.

Offline Bjarky

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2013, 01:36:32 pm »
Yeh when i use 2 different types it seems to ignores the crates and follows the horses, but when i try with 3 different types the crate parameter starts to work again and i cant follow the horses with each type.
Weird stuff, i guess thats also why most ppl tend to stick to 1 type of goods or the few who bother doing the management 2 types.

@Vovka have u tried leaving your faction if it works then?
I wonder if its the goods type or if a sneaky nerf against big clans is set in place  :P

Offline Vovka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2013, 01:38:31 pm »
Yeh when i use 2 different types it seems to ignores the crates and follows the horses, but when i try with 3 different types the crate parameter starts to work again and i cant follow the horses with each type.
Weird stuff, i guess thats also why most ppl tend to stick to 1 type of goods or the few who bother doing the management 2 types.

@Vovka have u tried leaving your faction if it works then?
I wonder if its the goods type or if a sneaky nerf against big clans is set in place  :P
yes tried ^^ check map my fiefs white XD

i know for sure some goods from NA have differend weight mb here the same (
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 01:51:25 pm by Vovka »