Author Topic: Movement Speed  (Read 4370 times)

Offline VeritasQ

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Movement Speed
« on: June 16, 2013, 05:42:29 pm »
Is there any change in speed options lately ? Because my current horse amount is bigger than crates amount + my troops and my movement speed is around 17-18 meters per minute  :?

Offline Bjarky

• Earl
  • Renown: 352
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • U got gold? I bring tea, silk, hemp, camels +more!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Leadership member)
  • Game nicks: Guard_BD_Bjarky, Guard_the_Lederhosen
  • IRC nick: bjarky
Re: Movement Speed
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 11:39:44 pm »
+1
the strat Map terrain plays a role as well.
so if u are in a forest or a hill area 17-18 meters would be your speed with horses, unless u have made a slight oversight and mixed crates with amount of goods (u need more horses than the amount of goods, crates play no direct role when we purely operate with goods numbers)

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 05:27:31 am »
+1
also after 5h quick march u exhausted for several hours
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Penguin

• Duke
  • Renown: 670
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player
  • JesusChrist
    • View Profile
  • Faction: [A]rrows Incoming!
  • Game nicks: [Y]Retreat!
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 06:25:01 am »
This is what I use

Number of troops x 2 + Number of horses > Number of crates (not goods) for max speed bonus.

So with 5000 horses and 500 troops you could carry up to 6000 crates or around 10,000 trading goods while still maintaining a max speed bonus.
"As you gaze upon the cross, and long for conformity to him, be not weary or fearful because you cannot express in words what you seek. Ask him to plant the cross in your heart. Believe in him, the crucified and now living one, to dwell within you, and breathe his own mind there."

Offline Bjarky

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 06:42:09 am »
This is what I use

Number of troops x 2 + Number of horses > Number of crates (not goods) for max speed bonus.

So with 5000 horses and 500 troops you could carry up to 6000 crates or around 10,000 trading goods while still maintaining a max speed bonus.
have u actually tried this, cus i dont believe you can have horse speed bonus with these numbers, rather the opposite.
as soon as u have more goods than horses you will loose your speed bonus, dont forget to do an action on the map first, so the info numbers are updated.

Offline Penguin

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • JesusChrist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2013, 06:46:16 am »
have u actually tried this, cus i dont believe you can have horse speed bonus with these numbers, rather the opposite.
as soon as u have more goods than horses you will loose your speed bonus, dont forget to do an action on the map first, so the info numbers are updated.

Yes, I have tried this, but not with the numbers specified. About 2 weeks ago I had 3000 horses and 5000 goods with 250 troops. I was able to keep max bonus speed (32). To test this I kept increasing the number of goods and moving inside and outside of the fief until I suffered a speed penalty and that's where I got my numbers from.
"As you gaze upon the cross, and long for conformity to him, be not weary or fearful because you cannot express in words what you seek. Ask him to plant the cross in your heart. Believe in him, the crucified and now living one, to dwell within you, and breathe his own mind there."

Offline Bjarky

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2013, 06:53:48 am »
That still sounds odd to me, i'm gonna do another test then today when my little battle is done, ty for your input, i'll definitely will try it and post about it here.

Offline Vovka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2013, 07:22:50 am »
+1
Yes, I have tried this, but not with the numbers specified. About 2 weeks ago I had 3000 horses and 5000 goods with 250 troops. I was able to keep max bonus speed (32). To test this I kept increasing the number of goods and moving inside and outside of the fief until I suffered a speed penalty and that's where I got my numbers from.
do u had 5000* goods or 2,3,4,5 differrent types of goods with summary ammount of 5000* goods?

Offline Penguin

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • JesusChrist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2013, 07:53:12 am »
+1
do u had 5000* goods or 2,3,4,5 differrent types of goods with summary ammount of 5000* goods?

It was 5000 of the same type of goods. Here's a screenshot I took to show my friend who didn't believe me either:

Notice I am quick marching at max speed. From my testing I could have had 204 more crates while keeping the bonus.

Offline Vovka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2013, 08:39:30 am »
+1
tested right now with same amount of troops (250) goods (5020) and horses (2927)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArQFr5D9x-NpdEpuT3ROaWVwdWNNUVFGdDRWV0p6aEE#gid=0

i got speed 13.805 (with quick march 13,805* ~2.3 = ~31,75)
if take horses more then crates speed 17.890 (qm ~40,9) 
AND IF HORSES = GOODS speed 32.202 (qm ~74)
so stfu and here - from me for wasting 1h of my time   :cry:

tip: speed recalculate after 1 min in moving so if enter in fief with speed 70 take 1000000000 crates and press move to in info it will be still show speed 70 and only after 1 min travel ur speed recalculater and will te shown as 9
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 08:44:35 am by Vovka »

Offline Penguin

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • JesusChrist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2013, 08:48:11 am »
I don't know why you think I'm lying, or why you're being hostile. Do you think I really photoshopped that picture? What would I gain? What kind of horses are you using, how much equipment are you carrying, and what terrain?

Offline Vovka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2013, 08:55:27 am »
+1
i think u just take that screen right after u got goods and leave fief and didnt wait 1 min

Offline Penguin

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • JesusChrist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2013, 09:02:00 am »
I promise you vovka, I did no such thing.

Here are the horses I had if that makes a difference:

Offline Vovka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2013, 09:08:02 am »
+1
if u still have that goods just take another 3k horses and ur speed will increase
its always worked as: max speed if horses > goods > troops
if u want take more goods u can take different types of goods but still horses must  more than the amount of each type of goods

Offline Penguin

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • JesusChrist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2013, 09:12:04 am »
But I have max speed bonus already. I move the same speed with 20 goods as I do with 5000 goods. This is the forumla I worked out myself and it has worked for me 3 times now. If you don't want to believe it I'm not going to force you, but don't call me a liar!  :mrgreen:

Btw, if I had just left a fief in the above screenshot, then why would my quick march be at 251 minutes? That would mean I turned on quick march in the fief then left almost an hour later.