Author Topic: Night time Abuse  (Read 1633 times)

Offline bruttus

• Baron
  • Renown: 126
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Night time Abuse
« on: May 04, 2013, 04:51:34 pm »
hi,

I do know that this issue has been talked allot, but there is something that i have noticed today
Well, i'm one of the few Eu players that decided to stay with an American Clan since the split up after strat 3, so, i'm more a nightwatch for mine clan, i'm awaike whille you guy's are asleep :) (says all about mine shitty written English)
Now, i use GMT +O, thats why i am not going in attack soon, remember the attack at new qalyut.
To get to the point
At 1 am mine local time, HoC attackd New Wheyya castle
survivors at Wheyya 3000
that amount was still at 04.30 am thismorning when i went to sleep
In the mean time the second wave was attacking New Wheyya, but no1 from Occitan or Chevalier was insight, what well happend, was that a force was retreating from Wheyya castle, but they where cought by a other army from us
Now, i noticed that Chevalier, when everyone is asleep, except the Eu player here, moi, that they brought suddenly reinforcements from 1800 troops extra to wheyya castle
or they had hidden 1800 troops in wheyya castle itself, or they use there night time settings in theyre own advantages to bring reinforcements unnoticed, because non of oure army's has seen them

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
Re: Night time Abuse
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 06:43:47 pm »
So basically the night time was used to gain a much larger reinforcement window and thus could be reinforced from further distances?
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline sdfjkln

• Knight
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 06:56:01 pm »
+3
So basically the night time was used to gain a much larger reinforcement window and thus could be reinforced from further distances?

No, the night time was used so our French brethren could get some sleep. Please stop acting like we are being shady. If there is a problem with Weyyah's night time it could be from a recent change in ownership, I'll talk to him about it. Oh and Bruttus, just because you can objectively see movements on the strat map does not mean you know or understand the reasons or motives. I would explain more but I would be spilling beans that don't belong to me, and certainly not to you. If you have problems/questions with us please contact us directly instead of trying to smear us on the forums.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 06:59:30 pm by sdfjkln »

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 07:18:40 pm »
Well I wasn't implying anything about the being able to get sleep thing, I was just trying to further comprehend the situation.
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline bruttus

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2013, 07:39:11 pm »
no, you cav. used the night time to reinforce youre castle without being detected
now mine fair question is, did you had 1800 extra tickets inside the castle without that we saw it, using it as reserves, or you just sended the tickets without being seen by oure forces
because in the beginning you guy's had 3000 pop to defend, and when i saw around noon mine time, you had 4800 troops defending the castle
then mine other question is, if you put the 1800 extra tickets to wheyya castle, why you retreated the 1600 tickets out of wheyya castle before you sended in the 1800 tickets

i'm not insulting you, but i think you ussing the night time to get some advantage over VE

Offline sdfjkln

• Knight
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2013, 07:44:50 pm »
no, you cav. used the night time to reinforce youre castle without being detected
now mine fair question is, did you had 1800 extra tickets inside the castle without that we saw it, using it as reserves, or you just sended the tickets without being seen by oure forces
because in the beginning you guy's had 3000 pop to defend, and when i saw around noon mine time, you had 4800 troops defending the castle
then mine other question is, if you put the 1800 extra tickets to wheyya castle, why you retreated the 1600 tickets out of wheyya castle before you sended in the 1800 tickets

i'm not insulting you, but i think you ussing the night time to get some advantage over VE

Honestly, I don't read anything in what you just said that constitutes calling us out for "night time abuse" this threads title. We have to tell you where we allocate our troops? We have to tell you how and when we reinforce? And does anyone here think that reinforcing without being detected is abuse? Night time or not, we would be reinforcing when we were at the lowest risk to be intercepted STRAT 101. Just because you can't win battles in the field doesn't mean you should come onto the forums and grasp at straws.

P.S. I'm not insulted, I'm annoyed, because most people wont get past the first post and the title of this thread, and then weeks later we'll have people bringing these false accusations up as if they ever had any merit in the first place. And again, if you have a problem contact us directly, you can PM me or a few others.

Offline bruttus

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2013, 07:53:12 pm »
excuse me m8, but you have seen where you are all, in the dessert you have almost nothing anymore except wheyya castle and shariz
we have respect you for the heavy fights that you give, but  we are winning in strat
and its not the first time that i noticed it that before every siegeevent with your clan, that in the night time of other people that you suddenly have the village/castle/city reinforced, without that oure troops have seen it
so yes, i believe you are using the night time to reinforce the besieged city/village/castle, because for every day, in the morning, before i go to sleep an before i go to work, when all the American's are still sleeping or going to bed, i watch the status from whats going on, and i noticed that a couple times that you manage to reinforce the place without being seen

Offline SucculentHeadCrab

• Count
  • Renown: 171
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • m(_ _)m
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Bonsai, Hot_Coldman, Resting_Witch_Face
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2013, 08:07:31 pm »
+2
Alright I see everyone getting worked up over basic math.  Here are battle results from first attack.

http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=battlesparticipated#!?page=battledetail&id=3524

Subtract 3000 population from tickets, the remaining are troops. Are you with me so far? 
The follow-up attack was initiated 9 minutes after the battle had ended.  Of course the castle owner pulled everything out of the castle by then and put in troops once second wave attacked.

As for "night time abuse", you may ask others to verify, the initial time the second attack showed up the battle list HAS NOT changed or pushed back due to night time.

Offline bruttus

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2013, 08:14:49 pm »
Alright I see everyone getting worked up over basic math.  Here are battle results from first attack.

http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=battlesparticipated#!?page=battledetail&id=3524

Subtract 3000 population from tickets, the remaining are troops. Are you with me so far? 
The follow-up attack was initiated 9 minutes after the battle had ended.  Of course the castle owner pulled everything out of the castle by then and put in troops once second wave attacked.

As for "night time abuse", you may ask others to verify, the initial time the second attack showed up the battle list HAS NOT changed or pushed back due to night time.

thats a fair answer from whats going on, and i apolegise for the accusation
i only notticed the 3000 pop to defend the castle, and suddenly the 1800 troops extra
so i can see that the idea was to retreat, but that was failed, and decided the rest of the army to put back in to the castle

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2013, 09:12:32 pm »
It sounds to me as though the idea was not to retreat but rather make sure the castle had adequate troops and gear. What is usually done when facing repeated attacks on a fief is to remove all troops and gear from the fief immediately after a failed attack and then reinforce the "undefended fief" with troops and gear that were there in the first place. This assures that the over saturation of gear is not an issue (not that you in VE do that, to my knowledge anyhow). The tricky thing about this strategy is that the owner of the fief has to be in the fief, and be online, as soon as the battle ends.
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2013, 11:38:37 pm »
It sounds to me as though the idea was not to retreat but rather make sure the castle had adequate troops and gear. What is usually done when facing repeated attacks on a fief is to remove all troops and gear from the fief immediately after a failed attack and then reinforce the "undefended fief" with troops and gear that were there in the first place. This assures that the over saturation of gear is not an issue (not that you in VE do that, to my knowledge anyhow). The tricky thing about this strategy is that the owner of the fief has to be in the fief, and be online, as soon as the battle ends.

And, assuming you're being attacked by people who try to time the last kill when the battle will end around the 'tick' when attack commands will register (the "arrive in 0.0minutes" thing), has to hit all the right buttons within a less-than-a-minute window in order for them to go through before the followup attack occurs.

This thread title is misleading, it evidently has nothing to do with the actual night time mechanic, merely the time of day that is night in North America. Night time doesn't "hide troops"; moving troops without being seen because your enemy isn't looking is not worth posting a thread about.

Offline Hobb

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 96
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2013, 12:38:07 am »
+1
Just because you can't win battles in the field doesn't mean you should come onto the forums and grasp at straws.

Good field battle today bro

Offline Zaren

• Count
  • Renown: 162
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Zaren_Astralis
  • IRC nick: Zaren
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2013, 02:22:36 am »
we are winning in strat
what the shit has HoC done? I see tkov......but HoC I havent seen do anything

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2013, 02:41:41 am »
They are a vassal of the Velucan Empire, and often used as the poor souls destined to launch unsuccessful attack after unsuccessful attack against Occitan's fiefs.
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BADPLAYER_old2

• Earl
  • Renown: 360
  • Infamy: 235
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Not a Bad player
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2013, 02:45:54 am »
+7
what the shit has HoC done? I see tkov......but HoC I havent seen do anything