Author Topic: The Seige of New Ichamur and the Glorious Peasant Defence  (Read 3325 times)

Offline Rainbow

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: The Seige of New Ichamur and the Glorious Peasant Defence
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2013, 08:29:56 pm »
+5
I have never had a single issue with any admin ever.  I respect all of you guys and I know you have to make tough calls and get shit on every day. 

I will say that last nights battle was an absolute NO BRAINER how it should have been handled.  There isn't anything to think about or talk about.  Nobody had the courage to stand up and do the right thing throughout the entire battle.  It isn't easy standing up for what is right when surrounded by your friends.  It truly takes a special kind of person who can take on that role.

With that being said, the XP ticks were horrid and the battle dragged on for way too long when the ending was obvious from the beginning.  There were AFK people in unreachable spawn points which is an obvious violation but was overlooked. 

Again I have never had a single... not one issue with any admin.  I'm just very dissapointed by last nights actions. 

Have the strength to do what is right without compromise.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2013, 09:02:19 pm »
+3
yes anyone could see the battle was over 20 mins in when Hospi was out of gear and it was nakeds vs plate, and we were all over the city camping spawns. And that's even with 10-15 guys not helping to kill cuz they were trying to break through invisible wall with ladders, horses and c-sites. We only avoided capping flags for a while cuz we didnt want to send enemies to unreachable flag while we tried to glitch through so we could hopefully resolve it without relying on capricous admins. People on our side were under orders not to cap during this phases even tho it could have easily been done.

Canary you can write all the walls of text filled with pseudo legalese you want but anyone who was there and being honest knows that common sense showed the battle was over after 20 mins and it was a clear cut flag cap situation, the only thing keeping it going was the flag behind invis wall. The only thing that kept it going was lack of admin willingness to step in and invoke common sense to say this is over, and lack of Hospitaller decency to concede. Cuz of these two things we all had to waste an hour of time on a tedious peasant slaughter and the next battle got delayed.

Offline Canuck

• Earl
  • Renown: 482
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Canuck
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2013, 09:04:04 pm »
+1
I don't know why all of this drama couldn't have been avoided. FCC (And I'm sure Hospitaller did too) knew about the unreachable flag before the battle. Was there no attempt by either party to set forth reasonable terms to the end of the battle with the admins or each other?  That could have made it all much simpler. Instead of putting it all on Canary, or any of the other admins in these battles, why don't the factions involved just parley and talk about shitty bugs and issues together, instead of getting all worked up every time?

In my opinion though, this one should have been called the moment we were all trapped inside the spawn. And those who were doing nothing but sitting inside of the area should have been kicked. However, most of us were still trying to escape and continue the fight, so the idea that we were all sitting back there abusing it is wrong. Still, even without the unreachable flag, we would have likely lost, because from about the 5 minute mark on we were down to peasant gear.

also, our strategy at the start of the battle was to leave all flags up so we could kill all the tickets; I started pushing for another strategy of taking all the flags and forcing an admin decision because there were about 6 admins on and the result of the battle was so very obvious as we were doing nothing but spawn camping the defenders 10-15min into the fight. We ended up not really making up our mind whether to capture flags or try to kill them all and so Canary used that as an excuse to ignore the problem as long as possible.

I think the decision would have been reached much quicker for Canary, if you had tried from the beginning to set all the flags down. The fact that we were able to run around setting flags up for so long makes it harder for it to be called earlier without being considered unfair.

Now just sell the fief to Partyboy so we never have to do that over again.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 09:11:49 pm by Canuck »

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
  • Renown: 1387
  • Infamy: 229
  • Space Pope of BIRD CLAN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns
  • Game nicks: Gmnotutoo
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2013, 09:14:11 pm »
+6
I spent an hour riding around in a circle on a horse.

Props go out to Spaniard, it was a hard decision to make for a person in his position. I consider you a good friend and a great admin, but your decision last night elevated you to awesome-hood. Who knows how many hours it would have taken to finish that battle.

What stands out most from Ichamur's battle is how utterly biased people are. Tretter encouraging his faction's side to abuse a glitch while saying the FCC deserves it. How petty do you have to be man? You're not just hurting the fcc; you're wasting the time of 35 mercs from other clans, you're wasting time from your factions side at the same time, it delays the other battles that come after and causes everyone to not get any sleep because they already committed to be there. Some people even have to miss out on these delayed battles because of it. Your actions hurt the community, not just the FCC.

I'll keep my opinions of Canary away from this thread and will post them in the appropriate channel.

edit: I also have the utmost respect to the players on the hospitaller's merc list who attempted to leave that glitched area to try to fight. It was a shame you all had to experience that.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 11:30:16 pm by Gmnotutoo »

THIS IS A MANLY CLAN. FOR MANLY MEN. DOING MANLY THINGS.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2013, 09:32:07 pm »
+2
I think the decision would have been reached much quicker for Canary, if you had tried from the beginning to set all the flags down. The fact that we were able to run around setting flags up for so long makes it harder for it to be called earlier without being considered unfair.

Now just sell the fief to Partyboy so we never have to do that over again.

After we controlled city and Hospis spawning naked we asked Canary what he would do if we put all flags down and they were stuck spawning in glitch area and he just gave vague answers which is why he was criticized so much.

We risked getting screwed if we put them all down and they just camped out there, so spawn camping them and leaving flags up was more productive on paper cuz at least we could get their tickets down by killing them.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2013, 09:34:34 pm »
+6
Tretter encouraging his faction's side to abuse a glitch while saying the FCC deserves it. How petty do you have to be man?

even tanken was telling him to stfu he was being such an embarrassing dweeb

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2013, 07:20:23 am »
+2
who cares lol, stop bitching about videogame bugs and unpaid admins actions about them, no one wants to actually kick or ban people for stupid shit that is no one's fault (except worthless devs, request your money back from meleegaming ASAP, i'd rather have rent then a fake shit game that will never be released)
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Harrys Oil Can

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2013, 01:05:56 pm »
+1
who cares lol, stop bitching about videogame bugs and unpaid admins actions about them, no one wants to actually kick or ban people for stupid shit that is no one's fault (except worthless devs, request your money back from meleegaming ASAP, i'd rather have rent then a fake shit game that will never be released)
THIS IS STRATEGUS, HOW DARE YOU INSULT!

Go play hopscotch or somethin with your gay dad.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2013, 08:19:21 pm »
+1

I can't help but think smooth is trying to get permaban so that he can quit crpg/strat for good.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2013, 10:58:27 pm »
+2
Should probably note that the offending flag has been fixed now, though there's still the matter of the change being uploaded into the next patch by whoever deals with that sort of thing.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline DUKE DICKBUTT

• Baron
  • Renown: 138
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2013, 12:07:57 am »
+1
Should probably note that the offending flag has been fixed now, though there's still the matter of the change being uploaded into the next patch by whoever deals with that sort of thing.

Convenient that it got done right after we took the town, not 4 months ago when the bug was first revealed.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2013, 12:12:55 am »
+1
Convenient that it got done right after we took the town, not 4 months ago when the bug was first revealed.

Yes, and it wasn't even the person who was supposed to deal with city maps who fixed it. As in literally anyone (you, me, et cetera) could have fixed it months ago as well and provided the file to be uploaded- but nobody else did. Not a member of the faction it belonged to (Hospitaller), not a member of the faction which attacked it (Remnant), not a member of the faction which attacked it the second time (FCC).
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2013, 12:49:16 am »
No one takes initiative, they like whining about it.
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

Offline Zoarander

• Knight
  • Renown: 35
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Trading Post
  • Game nicks: Zoarander, Grendar_Rivers, etc....
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2013, 04:54:16 am »
So after taking the 45 minutes to read this whole thread i realized something. that's 45 minutes i will never get back. I earned almost 700k that night in the ~2 hours we fought. sooooooooooo don't know why everyone is railing on an unpaid volunteer admin who couldn't make a call in reality because he was fighting for a side also as I sit here thinking about it isn't there more then just 1 admin in the game???? and yes i think its stupid how everyone is really angry about it. Because in the big picture FCC still got the town and hosp didn't abuse the bug, they were telling there members to get out of the "unreachable" (FCC made it in there a ton) spawn. FCC coulda have asked for a sooner end if they had just capped all the flags instead of leaving them up. Because while those flags are still up hosp could still kill FCC tickets, which they did.

In the end FCC you still got your city so stop whining, canary haters your silly children or adults who have failed at life, and everyone else... well we had fun.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2013, 07:09:14 am »
+2
Can we all not just sit down together and hug it out and then agree that Canary is awesome, that Smoothrich should be made an admin again, and that Kesh should be permad again?
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.